PDA

View Full Version : ESPN gets Yankees/RedSox fixation on "Lost"

PatK
10-12-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm a big fan of the TV shot "Lost", but am disgusted how ABC had to include EPSN's never ending Yankee/RedSox lovefest in last night's episode.

Disgusting.

It ruined a fairly decent episode.

ewokpelts
10-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm a big fan of the TV shot "Lost", but am disgusted how ABC had to include EPSN's never ending Yankee/RedSox lovefest in last night's episode.

Disgusting.

maybe jjabrams WANTED it in there? if he's stipid enough to imclude a polar bear, then he's ok to put in blow sawks/yankmees

itsnotrequired
10-12-2006, 09:38 AM
The plane crashed on September 22, 2004. They've only been on the island for what, three months? So the Red Sox had won the most recent series. Plus, Jack had some Red Sox deal with his dad.

This is a non-issue. Take off the tinfoil.

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 10:13 AM

Disgusting.

For those of us who didn't see it, what happened?

itsnotrequired
10-12-2006, 10:18 AM
For those of us who didn't see it, what happened?

Typed in white, highlight if you want spoilers. Don't quote it either.

Jack was in his little prison thing and the head scientist guy told him how he had sent Micheal and Walt home. Jack didn't believe him and the guy said they have plenty to do with the outside world. He mentioned how Bush was re-elected and how the Red Sox won the series. Jack laughed and said "If you wanted me to believe you, you should have picked a team other than the Red Sox." Then he turned on a TV which showed the final out. Jack's mind was straight blowed and then the show ended.

NardiWasHere
10-12-2006, 11:11 AM
oh relax... it was just a funny joke...

Jaffar
10-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Here we go, you all now know I'm a Lostie myself!
Lost never does anything without reason.

Espisode 116 "Outlaws" aired Feb 16, 2005

Sawyers flashback to the bar in Australia when he meets Jacks Dad.

SAWYER: So, what's your handle back in the States?
CHRISTIAN SHEPHARD: I was a... Chief of Surgery.
SAWYER: Was?
CHRISTIAN SHEPHARD: Yeah, I was.
SAWYER: So we're in hell, huh?
CHRISTIAN SHEPHARD: Don't let the air conditioning fool you, son. You are here, too. And you are suffering. But don't beat yourself up about it. It's fate. Some people are just supposed to suffer. That's why the Red Sox will never win the damn series. I have a son -- he's about your age. He's not like me. He does what's in his heart. He's a good man. Maybe a great one. And right now... he thinks that I hate him. He thinks I feel betrayed by him. But what I really feel... is gratitude and pride because of what he did to me. What he did for me. It took more courage than I have. Hmm. There's a pay phone over here. I could pick it up, and I could call my son. I could tell him about all of this. I could tell him that I love him. One simple phone call, and I could fix everything.

Later in the episode when Jack is talking to Sawyer

JACK: That's why the Sox will never win the series.
SAWYER: What's that?
JACK: Huh?
SAWYER: What'd you just say?
JACK: I said, "that's why the Red Sox will never win the series".
SAWYER: What the hell's that supposed to mean?
JACK: It's just something my father used to say so he could go through life knowing that people hated him. Instead of taking responsibility for it, he just put it on fate. Said he was made that way.

spiffie
10-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Here we go, you all now know I'm a Lostie myself!
Lost never does anything without reason.
(deleted long and perfectly reasonable explanation)

No, don't you know everything is a giant conspiracy against us as White Sox fans. The league schedulers are against us. ABC and ESPN are against us. The whole world is against us. The Tribune has a fleet of black helicopters!

Jaffar
10-12-2006, 12:44 PM
No, don't you know everything is a giant conspiracy against us as White Sox fans. The league schedulers are against us. ABC and ESPN are against us. The whole world is against us. The Tribune has a fleet of black helicopters!

I forgot about the ESPN/ABC affiliation for the moment....forget I said anything.

Scottzilla
10-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Just be glad it was the red sox and not the cubs!

seriously i watched it and it didnt bother me at all.

StillMissOzzie
10-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Just be glad it was the red sox and not the cubs!

seriously i watched it and it didnt bother me at all.

That was covered in "Back To The Future II" - clearly a work of fiction!

SMO
:D:

WhteSox725
10-13-2006, 07:45 AM

Going to have to add Fox to the conspiracy against the White Sox, afterall it was their footage that they allowed ABC to use.

PatK
10-13-2006, 09:08 AM
I really wasn't upset, I was actually expecting this thread to be made when I came on here yesterday.

soxfan13
10-13-2006, 09:42 AM

Disgusting.

HOLY CHRIST there is a connection with Boston and they would have been the only team to win a World Series since they have been on the island. This ESPN is against everyone except the east coast is starting to get ridiculous

thomas35forever
10-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Allow me to hijack this thread for a moment. Reading these posts brings two things to mind.

1) The Busch Stadium staff let in Red Sox fans who had been milling around the ballpark without a ticket after the seventh inning. My dad and I did that once last year, the guy opened the gates to let us in, and thanks to Jim Edmonds and the fans that had already left, I got caught on Baseball Tonight's #1 Web Gem!:D:

2) In regards to the "Back to the Future II" bit, there was a parody of "It's A Wonderful Life" on one of Nickelodeon's shows. The exception is that things are better without the kid being around. When he can't take it anymore, his "angel" asks if he wants to see other great things that have happened, including "the World Series Champion Chicago Cubs."

Thank you. You may now resume this topic.

Fenway
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
the producers explain the Red Sox footage

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2006/10/13/giving_themselves_an_out

Rocky Soprano
10-13-2006, 01:25 PM

Disgusting.

:?: You must be related to Hangar.

PatK
10-13-2006, 02:52 PM
:?: You must be related to Hangar.

This was my tribute to him.

Frontman
10-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Actually, I thought that was great to do. As already pointed out, they crashed in Sept 2004. To show the end of the Red Sox drought to someone who in the course of the series has talked about the Red Sox never winning the Series; it would definately add to the mind-games aspect of the show.

Hell, watch Jack now never believe it actually happened, and it was all staged to play with his mind.

:wink:

Front

TDog
10-13-2006, 10:06 PM
You know, if a character on some show had not believed the White Sox had won the 2005 World Series -- asserting it wasn't possible -- people here would be pissed.

buehrle4cy05
10-14-2006, 12:13 PM
In "The Departed" there are pictures in the Massachusetts State Police office of the final out of the 2004 World Series. I was so disgusted, I got up and walked out of the theatre right then and there.