PDA

View Full Version : Market breakdown for tonights split feed

Fenway
10-11-2006, 02:42 PM
It is so stupid to play both games at the same time but

in theory the other game will be on F/X but local cable companies have been known to screw this up

Below is a breakdown of the top 56 markets, detailing which game will be carried by the FOX over-the-air broadcast station. GAME COVERAGE St. Louis Cardinals at New York Mets 79%
MARKETS INCLUDE: Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Denver, Fort Myers, Greensboro, Greenville, Hartford, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, West Palm Beach

Detroit Tigers at Oakland Athletics 20%
MARKETS INCLUDE: Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Minneapolis, Portland, Richmond, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle

On Wednesday, October 11 (8 p.m. ET), FOX Sports provides a split-national telecast of Game 2 of the ALCS and Game 1 of the NLCS between the St. Louis Cardinals and the New York Mets from Shea Stadium. Areas of natural geographic interest receive ALCS Game 2 on their local FOX broadcast affiliate, while a simultaneous live feed of NLCS Game 1 is available on the FX cable network. Those areas of the country receiving NLCS Game 1 on their local FOX broadcast affiliate are able to watch ALCS Game 2 on the FX cable network. FX is widely available in over 90 million U.S. households.
In addition, FOX Sports has set up alternate channels with satellite providers DIRECTV and DISH/Echostar to ensure that both games are available to subscribers of the country's largest DBS companies.
DirecTV: NLCS Game 1 � Channel 246
DirecTV: ALCS Game 2 � Channel 248

DISH/Echostar � Channel 136
DISH/Echostar � Channel 137

BNLSox
10-11-2006, 02:53 PM
What garbage! Thanks for the breakdown Fenway. I really want to watch the ALCS seeing as though its the only REAL baseball on tonight.

Ah well - FX or a sportsbar for me I guess. Or maybe tonight is a good night for some white sox playoff DVD's.

Fenway
10-11-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm trying to figure out why Richmond, Virgina gets the ALCS...very odd

DaveIsHere
10-11-2006, 03:10 PM
That suck since I do not believe that FX has an HD channel:angry:

gbergman
10-11-2006, 03:35 PM
This is so stupid. I live in San Diego, but I get the Cardinals/ Mets feed. How dumb is that. I love the fact it mentions it is geographically set. I never knew that I was closer to St. Louis Missouri, and Queens New York than Oakland.

ode to veeck
10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
This is so stupid. I live in San Diego, but I get the Cardinals/ Mets feed. How dumb is that. I love the fact it mentions it is geographically set. I never knew that I was closer to St. Louis Missouri, and Queens New York than Oaklnad.

Probably because SD is a NL town

Oblong
10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
and of course, Chicago's an NL town.

1951Campbell
10-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Hmm, I guess Pittsburgh, Balmer, DC and Philly means Harrisburg gets it, too.

Oh well.

PKalltheway
10-11-2006, 06:22 PM
This is so stupid. I live in San Diego, but I get the Cardinals/ Mets feed. How dumb is that. I love the fact it mentions it is geographically set. I never knew that I was closer to St. Louis Missouri, and Queens New York than Oakland.
I agree that it is stupid, but it's the nature of the beast. From Fox's standpoint, there are more Mets and Cardinals fans than there are Tigers and A's fans, not that I agree with that line of thinking. Here's my gripe though. Why can't they just start one game at 4 pm and the other at 8pm? If there's an overlap, the 8 pm game can just get moved to FX until the other game finishes.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
It would make too much sense to have a 7:00 pm / 10:30 pm EDT (4:00pm / 7:30pm PDT) doubleheader what with the important Fox local newscasts and Simpsons reruns and all. :rolleyes:

downstairs
10-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, it's irrelevant for tonight (NLCS Game 1 cancelled)... but I never understood why MLB doesn't do what the NFL does. Sign 2 TV contracts... one for the NL, one for the AL.

Say FOX gets the AL, and ABC gets the NL all year. Whoever ponies up the most money gets the World Series.

Then again, I don't understand much of what MLB does.

anewman35
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, it's irrelevant for tonight (NLCS Game 1 cancelled)... but I never understood why MLB doesn't do what the NFL does. Sign 2 TV contracts... one for the NL, one for the AL.

Say FOX gets the AL, and ABC gets the NL all year. Whoever ponies up the most money gets the World Series.

You might be getting your wish, at least for the LCS

Under the new seven-year deals, to begin in 2007, Fox keeps the World Series, one of the two League Championship Series (LCS), a Saturday game of the week for 26 weeks and the All-Star Game. Fox will alternate between the American League Championship Series and National League Championship Series each year.

I can't find if they ever announced who's going to be doing the other LCS, anybody know?

Fenway
10-11-2006, 11:51 PM
You might be getting your wish, at least for the LCS

I can't find if they ever announced who's going to be doing the other LCS, anybody know?

They havent sold it yet. TBS wants it but there are rumors NBC maybe back