PDA

View Full Version : BRIAN CASHMAN: A-Rod will remain a Yankee

Fenway
10-10-2006, 11:31 PM
General manager Brian Cashman said the team had no intention of trading Alex Rodriguez, who failed to drive in a run in the playoffs for the second straight year and was dropped to eighth in the batting order.

"I fully expect him to be here," Cashman said Tuesday. "We're going to figure this thing out together."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2006/10/10/yankees_not_looking_to_trade_a_rod/

chaerulez
10-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Remember when Hendry kept denying he was trading Sosa a couple years back? Kept denying and denying for weeks, and then he finally did. No one believed Hendry, everyone knew he was just holding out for better offers. This is the same deal. Cashman is full of it, no one on that team is untouchable except for Matsui, Melky, Rivera, Cano and Wang.

Fenway
10-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I am willing to bet Torre has told Steinbrenner and friends to get rid of A-Rod......

My guess is Cashman is just trying to get the media to leave NYY alone for awhile...

fquaye149
10-10-2006, 11:42 PM
talk is cheap...

Myrtle72
10-11-2006, 12:00 AM
"I fully expect him to be here through the winter," Cashman said Tuesday. "We're going to figure (aka, "dump" him on someone else) this thing out together."

Ahhh... that's what he meant.

Beautox
10-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Remember when Hendry kept denying he was trading Sosa a couple years back? Kept denying and denying for weeks, and then he finally did. No one believed Hendry, everyone knew he was just holding out for better offers. This is the same deal. Cashman is full of it, no one on that team is untouchable except for Matsui, Melky, Rivera, Cano and Wang.

Where is he going to play? as a 4th OFer? thats a waste of his talent. The yankees LF and CF is locked up till 09, with Matsui Damon, Melky doesn't have the arm for RF, and projects to be a #1/#2 hitter. The yankees aren't going to deal Damon(#1) or Jeter(#2) so where does that leave Melky? he would need much better production if is going to play LF, and while hes only 22 im expecting him to put up this line for some other team not named the Yankees next year: .285+avg .365OBP 400SLG, 15-20SB/6CS 12-15HR, Power is the last tool to come around. Hopefully on the south side of Chicago.

MUsoxfan
10-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I know someone VERY close to the Yankees that says A-Rod is as good as gone and that Cashman has very little to say about it

Myrtle72
10-11-2006, 12:17 AM
I know someone VERY close to the Yankees that says A-Rod is as good as gone and that Cashman has very little to say about it

Who do you know?

MUsoxfan
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Who do you know?

I'm not gonna out the guy, but he has a substantial financial interest in the Yankees and I've actually put on his '98 WS ring (which was cool even though it was a Yankees ring)

Fenway
10-11-2006, 12:25 AM

The fact that Torre survived indicates Cashman DOES have complete control as was promised by George.

Cashman needs young arms and Anaheim just may have them....

The final straw with A-Rod was Damon coming in and winning over the Yankees fan base...

gbergman
10-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I can see AROD becoming an Angel, and Manny becoming one also. I think he is gone. If George wants a world series he needs a bullpen arm and another young arm. The Angels have these things.

MUsoxfan
10-11-2006, 12:28 AM
The fact that Torre survived indicates Cashman DOES have complete control as was promised by George.

Cashman needs young arms and Anaheim just may have them....

The final straw with A-Rod was Damon coming in and winning over the Yankees fan base...

I knew 3 days ago that Torre wasn't going anywhere. I don't always have up to date information on the inner-workings of the Yankees, but I talked to this guy literally two hours after the Yankees were eliminated and he had already talked to the Boss

chisoxmike
10-11-2006, 12:30 AM

:rolling: :roflmao:

Fenway
10-11-2006, 12:36 AM
I knew 3 days ago that Torre wasn't going anywhere. I don't always have up to date information on the inner-workings of the Yankees, but I talked to this guy literally two hours after the Yankees were eliminated and he had already talked to the Boss

http://www.interstate80.info/grounded/jimmy17.jpg

MUsoxfan
10-11-2006, 12:37 AM
:rolling: :roflmao:

Laugh all you want. I'm not WhiteSoxJosh or whoever claimed to know a guy who knows a guy. I think I've proven over time I don't create unsubstantiated rumors. Just trust that I know someone closely associated with the Yankees that tells me what goes on from time to time when I see him.

I know Big Stein wants A-Rod gone. I'll be surprised to see him in pinstripes next year

Beautox
10-11-2006, 12:44 AM
The Angels 3B situation is dependant on what Aramis Ramirezdoes, the angels would rather pay $ instead of talent, they value their prospects far too much. Also look what the rangers got even with Arod coming off an MVP year in '03 and them having to kick in alot of money, they got Soriano and SS Joaquin Arias. Arods value is at an all time perceived low even with a .290avg, 35HR, 121RBI and 15SB. Even with cashman saying they're going to stick with him thats just posturing, no GM is going to come out and say yes we're going to trade him, that would lower his value even more. its going to cost 16mil for alex and hes going to want to go to a contender there are only about 4-6 teams that come to mind that could afford him both in terms of salary and talent the white sox being one of those teams.

ilsox7
10-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Laugh all you want. I'm not WhiteSoxJosh or whoever claimed to know a guy who knows a guy. I think I've proven over time I don't create unsubstantiated rumors. Just trust that I know someone closely associated with the Yankees that tells me what goes on from time to time when I see him.

I know Big Stein wants A-Rod gone. I'll be surprised to see him in pinstripes next years

You're one of the few folks around here I'd trust not to make **** up. It's going to be interesting to see what happens, given the demand of talent A-Rod would bring and his NTC.

Fenway
10-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Does anybody think A-Rod and the Yankees want to go thru 12 months of this? He could bat .400 next season and it wouldn't matter because of his post-season failures.

Torre put him EIGHTH in the lineup in a must win game....

Ironic that the the two highest paid players in MLB are likely to be moved before 2007

IlliniSox4Life
10-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Think we could trade Uribe for Arod straight up?

Rooney4Prez56
10-11-2006, 07:33 AM

You stole my dream.

Thome25
10-11-2006, 08:24 AM
THANK GOD!!! Hopefully Cashman stays with his word and doesn't deal AROD. That way it can end all of the speculation on here that he'll end up with the White Sox.

ATTENTION: We DO NOT need AROD!! I'd rather see the Sox spend the $16MM a year to beef up the bullpen and/or the starting rotation.

Do we need an overpaid, overhyped, crybaby, primadonna, who wets his pants in the playoffs? I DON'T THINK SO.

Paulwny
10-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Where is he going to play? as a 4th OFer? thats a waste of his talent. The yankees LF and CF is locked up till 09, with Matsui Damon, Melky doesn't have the arm for RF, and projects to be a #1/#2 hitter. The yankees aren't going to deal Damon(#1) or Jeter(#2) so where does that leave Melky? he would need much better production if is going to play LF, and while hes only 22 im expecting him to put up this line for some other team not named the Yankees next year: .285+avg .365OBP 400SLG, 15-20SB/6CS 12-15HR, Power is the last tool to come around. Hopefully on the south side of Chicago.

Agree, Cabrera is an ideal "1 or 2 hitter in a line-up. Not a HR hitter, but it appears he'll hit quite a few doubles a great replacement for Pods. Sox should see what Cashman wants in a trade.

DSpivack
10-11-2006, 01:12 PM
THANK GOD!!! Hopefully Cashman stays with his word and doesn't deal AROD. That way it can end all of the speculation on here that he'll end up with the White Sox.

ATTENTION: We DO NOT need AROD!! I'd rather see the Sox spend the $16MM a year to beef up the bullpen and/or the starting rotation.

Do we need an overpaid, overhyped, crybaby, primadonna, who wets his pants in the playoffs? I DON'T THINK SO.

Yeah, who would want one of the greatest players of all time on their team?

wdelaney72
10-11-2006, 03:23 PM

There's NOBODY in MLB that could serve as a straight up trade for Rodriquez.

wdelaney72
10-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Manny becoming one also

Na, me thinks the Mets.

gobears1987
10-11-2006, 03:27 PM
It's a smart move by Cashman. After all, every player has a down year.

gobears1987
10-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Na, me thinks the Mets.
I don't know why, but I can easily picture him in a Mets jersey.

AZChiSoxFan
10-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Who do you know?

Don't sweat it. The last time MUSOXFAN posted something that "was going to happen" based on someone "he knew", it turned out just like he said. So cut him some slack.

Beautox
10-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Agree, Cabrera is an ideal "1 or 2 hitter in a line-up. Not a HR hitter, but it appears he'll hit quite a few doubles a great replacement for Pods. Sox should see what Cashman wants in a trade.
agreed.

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Don't sweat it. The last time MUSOXFAN posted something that "was going to happen" based on someone "he knew", it turned out just like he said. So cut him some slack.

Hey, I was just curious - I wasn't trying to say he didn't actually know anyone. I wanted to see if he'd drop a name. :cool:

JB98
10-12-2006, 05:56 PM

<JB steps out on proverbial limb> Jeter is also untouchable.

23Ventura
10-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so hard on Arod. His so-called down year this year included a .290 average, 35 homers and 121 RBIs. Wow, he really sucked this year!! He was just as good if not better than all of the other overpaid allstar Yankee players, so why does he get singled out? His contract? If someone offered me that much money to play baseball I know I would take it, you'd have to be crazy not to. I just don't understand why he's hated so much, but guys like Jeter are so popular with Yankee fans.

JB98
10-12-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so hard on Arod. His so-called down year this year included a .290 average, 35 homers and 121 RBIs. Wow, he really sucked this year!! He was just as good if not better than all of the other overpaid allstar Yankee players, so why does he get singled out? His contract? If someone offered me that much money to play baseball I know I would take it, you'd have to be crazy not to. I just don't understand why he's hated so much, but guys like Jeter are so popular with Yankee fans.

ESPN and New York tabloids tell the fans to be hard on A-Rod, so they are. Sheep, all of them. If the deal is right, I'd take A-Rod on the Sox and move him back to SS.

Red Barchetta
10-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I would take him and move him back to SS if the financials were in line. I'd rather seem him take a run at Aaron vs. Baroid, who BTW I heard wants tons of money for a one-year deal. Would be interesting to see the owners black-ball him out of the league during his contract year even though he's only 30 away. Not a given that he can do it in one year anyway. Especially if he stays in the NL and has to field a position.

shoelessshaun27!
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
So we got Crede.

SABRSox
10-12-2006, 09:03 PM
The Angels 3B situation is dependant on what Aramis Ramirezdoes, the angels would rather pay $ instead of talent, they value their prospects far too much. Also look what the rangers got even with Arod coming off an MVP year in '03 and them having to kick in alot of money, they got Soriano and SS Joaquin Arias. Arods value is at an all time perceived low even with a .290avg, 35HR, 121RBI and 15SB. Even with cashman saying they're going to stick with him thats just posturing, no GM is going to come out and say yes we're going to trade him, that would lower his value even more. its going to cost 16mil for alex and hes going to want to go to a contender there are only about 4-6 teams that come to mind that could afford him both in terms of salary and talent the white sox being one of those teams.

This is very true. Stoneman is the most conservative GM there is, and will not trade prospects. Maybe A-Rod changes things, but I bet they go after Aramis Ramirez (and having learned their lesson last season with Konerko) pay more than they should to get him. He's still going to be cheaper than A-Rod contract wise, and he won't cost them their super talented prospects.

If the White Sox wanted A-Rod, and he was available, they'd probably have the best shot at him. And Crede cannot be part of the deal as far as the White Sox are concerned. A-Rod should be playing SS. So you're looking at Fields and pitchers (Freddy and a Broadway-type prospect?) for A-Rod and hopefully cash. Do you do that?

JB98
10-12-2006, 10:18 PM
This is very true. Stoneman is the most conservative GM there is, and will not trade prospects. Maybe A-Rod changes things, but I bet they go after Aramis Ramirez (and having learned their lesson last season with Konerko) pay more than they should to get him. He's still going to be cheaper than A-Rod contract wise, and he won't cost them their super talented prospects.

If the White Sox wanted A-Rod, and he was available, they'd probably have the best shot at him. And Crede cannot be part of the deal as far as the White Sox are concerned. A-Rod should be playing SS. So you're looking at Fields and pitchers (Freddy and a Broadway-type prospect?) for A-Rod and hopefully cash. Do you do that?

Yes, but the Yankees won't.

Fenway
10-12-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm wondering what Anaheim will offer Boston for Manny? I also wonder if the White Sox may bid for Manny as well. I *think* Ozzie could keep him in line. One thing is certain Manny is gone from Boston.