PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait

SouthSide_Hitman
03-02-2002, 11:46 AM
I am starting to get a little bit more than excited about this upcoming season.First we trade for a pretty damn good pitcher (I.M.O),then we sign a TRUE lead-off man and gold glove center fielder (finally Ray can bat somewhere in the line-upo besides 1st.....now he can use his power to better help the team,plus with Ray's world class speed.....drag bunts with Lofton on first,or 2nd,should become quite scary for opposing teams).
Now there is talk about trading Bobby howry to the Dodgers for a possible starting #3 pitcher,I have been doing some reading and the Dodgers have something like 8 true starters in camp and at least 5 of them have 2 or more years in the Big Leagues,so if by trading a pitcher that doesn't really want to be a set-up man for a good #3 man would be quite beneficial to the White Sox.
And last but not least........we still have the best Right Fielder in Chicago (and one of the top 5 in MLB) OH RE OH......MAGGLIO :gulp:

doublem23
03-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Well, I don't know if Ritchie is as good as you say he is, but the fact alone that there really isn't a good team in our division makes me feel good.

Soxheads
03-02-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well, I don't know if Ritchie is as good as you say he is, but the fact alone that there really isn't a good team in our division makes me feel good.

What the hell do you call the Sox? :D:

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-02-2002, 12:21 PM
I am with you Hitman. It is good to hear someone truly hopeful about the upcoming season. I think as Sox fans sometimes we get to down on ourselves. However it has been a very long time without a championship. Everybody chins up.
:gulp:

LongDistanceFan
03-02-2002, 02:37 PM
if you are new.... welcome.......... btw where did you come up this the name.............. that was the name of a softball team i used to play with in the 70's..............

SouthSide_Hitman
03-03-2002, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
if you are new.... welcome.......... btw where did you come up this the name.............. that was the name of a softball team i used to play with in the 70's..............
I picked this name because it was the Nickname of one of my favorite all time White Sox teams. :lsox