PDA

View Full Version : Where is A-Rod gonna go?

KMKsuburbannoise
10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
I know your first answer is going to be, "I DON'T CARE"...

but really, where do you think he is going to end up? So, he had a bad year. But he is still a good player.

I can already see some teal in this threads future.

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 02:06 PM

but really, where do you think he is going to end up? So, he had a bad year. But he is still a good player.

The Cubs

Crede_Fan
10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Top choices:

Angels
Astros
SOX

Middle:
Cubs
Yankees
Dodgers

Dark Horse:
Tigers

I want Mags back
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
he comes here for Crede and garcia

i guess its a mix of both colors

Foulke You
10-10-2006, 02:15 PM
If the Yanks do indeed trade him, it will probably be to a team in the NL so the Yanks don't "help" their competition out. I could see the Dodgers, Padres, Mets, or Cardinals having the money and interest in pulling off such a deal but not necessarily having the type of players the Yanks will look for in a trade.

Plus, when you are moving a player with a contract the size of A-Rod's, it is no small undertaking. Look how difficult it was for the Rangers to pull off that A-Rod trade back in 2003. There were at least 3 or 4 different scenarios on the table and ultimately the players association and commissioner's office got involved before the darn thing could get approved. The Yankees may end up keeping A-Rod because they could find it difficult to move him.

OEO Magglio
10-10-2006, 02:16 PM

Hopefully the White Sox. If 35 and 120 is a bad year then I can't wait to see him get back on track.

OEO Magglio
10-10-2006, 02:17 PM
If the Yanks do indeed trade him, it will probably be to a team in the NL so the Yanks don't "help" their competition out. I could see the Dodgers, Padres, Mets, or Cardinals having the money and interest in pulling off such a deal but not necessarily having the type of players the Yanks will look for in a trade.

Plus, when you are moving a player with a contract the size of A-Rod's, it is no small undertaking. Look how difficult it was for the Rangers to pull off that A-Rod trade back in 2003. There were at least 3 or 4 different scenarios on the table and ultimately the players association and commissioner's office got involved before the darn thing could get approved. The Yankees may end up keeping A-Rod because they could find it difficult to move him.
Dealing with a lot less money this time around. Really shouldn't be that difficult to be honest.

soxfanatlanta
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Dealing with a lot less money this time around. Really shouldn't be that difficult to be honest.

Help me understand what you mean. This guy is due $27 million per year over the next four. Unless Cashman agrees to eat a significant amount, I don't see too many teams clamoring to get him.

OEO Magglio
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Help me understand what you mean. This guy is due $27 million per year over the next four. Unless Cashman agrees to eat a significant amount, I don't see too many teams clamoring to get him.
The Rangers are on the hook for a lot of money. It'd actually be 16 mill per year for the next 4.

CLR01
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM

82 million over 4 years, after deferred money and Texas kick-in, is still a lot of money. Very few teams can absorb his salary without NY kicking in a lot of money.

KMKsuburbannoise
10-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Hopefully the White Sox. If 35 and 120 is a bad year then I can't wait to see him get back on track.

after all of this talk on ESPN and the radio, I did not realize that. He had a .290 average. What is the big fuss?

Flight #24
10-10-2006, 02:40 PM
If only this topic had been discussed before and there was a way to investigate the forums for that discussion..........

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 02:40 PM
after all of this talk on ESPN and the radio, I did not realize that. He had a .291 average. What is the big fuss?

His errors

cbotnyse
10-10-2006, 02:44 PM
His errorsand his performance in the playoffs, when his team needs him the most.

southside rocks
10-10-2006, 02:45 PM
His errors

And his salary. When you're making $25 million a year (no matter what clubs are paying it, that's his annual get), you should be leading the league in everything, every year.

Which isn't realistic, which is why that contract that Texas gave A-Rod is, IMHO, one of the stupidest moves ever in player signings.

I say he goes to Boston. :tongue:

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
And his salary. When you're making $25 million a year (no matter what clubs are paying it, that's his annual get), you should be leading the league in everything, every year.

Which isn't realistic, which is why that contract that Texas gave A-Rod is, IMHO, one of the stupidest moves ever in player signings.

I do not think the Yankees fans will be really booing that one. Texas did not look at the big picture when they signed him.

D. TODD
10-10-2006, 03:48 PM
A-Rod had a year very comparable year to Joe Crede at the plate. Not one of his ungodly MVP type years, but he was not nearly as bad as the ignorant Yankee fans gave the impression to be. They wanted a scapegoat and A-Rod became their whipping boy, which Jeter ate up with his silence on the issue. Don't believe the hype on A-Rod's problems, he will be just fine, and a huge asset for whoever he plays for in the future.

PennStater98r
10-10-2006, 04:10 PM
His errors

Who's fault is that - isn't he a shortstop playing third?

I'd love to see Crede and A-Rod wearing a Sox uniform next year.

palehozenychicty
10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Angels.

Crede_Fan
10-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Who's fault is that - isn't he a shortstop playing third?

I'd love to see Crede and A-Rod wearing a Sox uniform next year.

I would have to agree. That would be one hell of a left side of the infield.

tebman
10-10-2006, 05:18 PM

This reminds me of something I heard Bill Veeck say years ago in a TV interview. This was in the first years of free agency when everybody in baseball was trying to find their way around. Veeck said that if there's a great player available that had been making $100,000, and if you pay him $1,000,000, increasing his salary ten times, he's not going to able to run ten times faster, or hit ten times better, or pitch ten times as many wins. But that's what the team and the fans are going to expect.

To me, A-Rod is the poster child for that phenomenon. He's a great player, but there's no way he'd ever live up to anybody's expectations with the money he makes.

That being said, if KW can make a deal in which the Yankees pay half of his remaining salary, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sox uniform either.

mjmcend
10-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I have never understood how the Yankees can not like him. His contract is not an issue to that team, and he is in the running (not there yet, but when his career is all said and done, maybe) for best player in the history of baseball. Idiots and spoiled children, that is who make up the Yankee fanbase.

Edit:

I don't think he will go anywhere. The Yankees won't be able to get enough talent in return and like I said before his salary is not preventing NY from making other moves.

Lip Man 1
10-10-2006, 05:20 PM
According to the Yankees, he isn't going anywhere.

Lip

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I would have to agree. That would be one hell of a left side of the infield.

At first I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of A-Rod on the Sox, but it is definately warming on me for that exact reason.

DickAllen72
10-10-2006, 05:33 PM

White Sox.

fusillirob1983
10-10-2006, 06:01 PM
He's staying on the Yankees.

slobes
10-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Guy in Pepsi truck: "A-Rod, if you're interested, you've got a future in the beverage distribution industry."

BiggestFan14
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
He said he wants to play in New York, so that is probably where he will play, since he can block any trades. But besides that I can also see him playing for the Angels or the White Sox.

Fenway
10-10-2006, 07:44 PM
A Seattle writer looks at the Mariners bringing him back

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/288102_mari10.html