PDA

View Full Version : AJ on Cold Pizza this morning

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 09:26 AM
In case anyone is wondering, AJ is going to be on Cold Pizza in a few minutes on ESPN 2 to talk about the ALCS.

Thome25
10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
WOW AJ was talking some smack there. It seemed like there was a little tension there and it wasn't just half-joking.

I think KW would have something to say about AJ's challenge in the ring.

SouthsideChi
10-10-2006, 10:08 AM
What was said?

MrRoboto83
10-10-2006, 10:28 AM
What was said?

Guess we will never know:dunno:

Thome25
10-10-2006, 10:29 AM
What was said?

John Cina(Spelling?) the WWE Champion and AJ were comparing belts. Cina said "I got a little more bling on mine" and "I think I saw yours in the gumball machine downstairs."

Then AJ said: "There's my bling" and flashed his WS ring. He also said, "I'll take you on if you want....I'm not afraid." AJ was standing over Cina the whole time.

Cina was obviously pissed and wanted no part of the conversation because he was there to promote his new movie and WWE championship.

Then they flashed over to a comparison between him and AJ it said WWE championship under Cina's name and 2005 World Series Championship under AJ's and had their height, weight etc.

AJ had him beat by two inches and 5 pounds. AJ then said "I got you beat in the weight department...I'll just sit on you."

Cina said "C'mon man it's just 5 pounds"

You can tell when it's just a little friendly joking around. Instead it seemed like there was some real tension and awkwardness and Cina wa really getting pissed.

Jerko
10-10-2006, 10:35 AM
AJ crossing promotional lines there. :rolleyes: I thought he was talking about the Tigers/A's, or the great showing by the Minnesota Puntos.

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I definately got the impression that AJ was being competitive and Cena was annoyed about it.

But I thought it was pretty funny... maybe I'm the minority here, lol.

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
AJ crossing promotional lines there. :rolleyes: I thought he was talking about the Tigers/A's, or the great showing by the Minnesota Puntos.

He did actually have his own segment, about 15 minutes later. I thought the Cena thing was more interesting though!

Thome25
10-10-2006, 10:37 AM

I didn't finish watching it all but, they said AJ was going to be back after the fiasco to talk tome baseball too.

Martinigirl
I thought the smack you initially referred to was regarding his teammates, or KW, not a wrestler. Thanks for the clarification.

So if AJ is the guest commentator on Cold Pizza, does that mean that he isn't doing the Fox ALCS coverage, as the Tribune reported? It would be odd if he were on both ESPN & Fox.

Thome25
Yeah, I definately got the impression that AJ was being competitive and Cena was annoyed about it.

But I thought it was pretty funny... maybe I'm the minority here, lol.

No I thought it was pretty cool too. GO AJ!!! TALK SOME SMACK!!!!

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I thought the smack you initially referred to was regarding his teammates, or KW, not a wrestler. Thanks for the clarification.

So if AJ is the guest commentator on Cold Pizza, does that mean that he isn't doing the Fox ALCS coverage, as the Tribune reported? It would be odd if he were on both ESPN & Fox.

Um... good question. But why can't he do both?

Does anyone have any other evidance that he is actually going to be on Fox tonight, besides the one Trib article I saw? Just curious.

PorkChopExpress
10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
On the fox sports web page it says he will be a pregame analyst on Oct 14 and 15.

"This weekend, host Jeanne Zelasko and analyst Kevin Kennedy welcome White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski to the MLB on FOX pregame show for analysis of AL & NL Championship Series games. Pierzynski will be in-studio on Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15."

Link
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6045296

Sox-o-matic
10-10-2006, 11:19 AM
John Cena is the Paris Hilton of pro wrestling. AJ would school him in the ring first and then knock him the **** out just for fun.

**Edit: Pride is coming to the US, and since they like to create weird mis-matches for the fans, maybe these two can get it on (assuming Cena has the testicular fortitude of course).

chaerulez
10-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Cold Pizza's replay is on now, I think the AJ thing is coming up very soon.

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Cold Pizza's replay is on now, I think the AJ thing is coming up very soon.

There were actually three segments about him... one with Cena, one about the ALCS, and one about Torre and the Yankees towards the end. Actually, they were all pretty close to the end. And of course they make you watch the whole show by saying, "AJ Pierzynski will be joining us in just a minute..." when really it's like 30 minutes to an hour.

LuvSox
10-10-2006, 11:43 AM
John Cena is the Paris Hilton of pro wrestling.

That is the weirdest thing I've heard in a long time.

ChiFabulous1
10-10-2006, 02:58 PM
John Cena is the Paris Hilton of pro wrestling. AJ would school him in the ring first and then knock him the **** out just for fun.

**Edit: Pride is coming to the US, and since they like to create weird mis-matches for the fans, maybe these two can get it on (assuming Cena has the testicular fortitude of course).

Cena is nothing but a glorified bodybuilder. I still find it funny how the wwe has to play a recorded cheering track on TV to cover up the all of the boos when he "wrestles".

Palehose13
10-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Saw the Cena part. Thought it was pretty lame and I was wondering when they were going to pull out the rulers.

Rockman218
10-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Before i walked out the door to go to school i heard them say AJ and Grossman were gonna be on cold pizza so i put a tape in the VCR and almost missed my bus. I saw everything and it looked like Cena was annoyed at AJ stealing his airtime. AJ was trying to have fun and Cena looked really annoyed and looked like he was gonna throw a hissy fit.

buehrle4cy05
10-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Does anyone even watch pro wrestling anymore?:dunno:

PAPChiSox729
10-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Does anyone even watch pro wrestling anymore?:dunno:

In a word, yes.

Soxfanspcu11
10-10-2006, 07:47 PM

Does John Cena know that he is white?:?:

Gregory Pratt
10-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Umm, yeah, so what did AJ say, re: baseball?

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Umm, yeah, so what did AJ say, re: baseball?

Um...

*thinks*

Oh yeah! He said that Zito is difficult to hit against. And that Zumaya is crazy hard also. And besides that? It was just a bunch of babble, if you ask me.

And then he talked about the Gators game he went to the other night. He was aparently caught on film almost catching the ball when it was thrown into the sidelines. But he didn't. And somehow that was interesting.

To be honest, I paid much more attention to the wrestling segment.

Myrtle72
10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I just saw AJ on Cold Pizza again this morning and he said (almost direct quote)...

"When I can't throw a guy out, most of that responsibility is on the pitcher"

"Wait, I didn't mean it like that. I'm not trying to put anyone in the doghouse. Of course it's on me too, but I rely on the pitcher a lot to throw someone out. They should give the stat to both the catcher and the pitcher."

I think he's completely right, especially with Garcia on the mound, but how much do you want to bet that the media will have something to say about this?

ajismyhero
10-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I just saw AJ on Cold Pizza again this morning and he said (almost direct quote)...

"When I can't throw a guy out, most of that responsibility is on the pitcher"

"Wait, I didn't mean it like that. I'm not trying to put anyone in the doghouse. Of course it's on me too, but I rely on the pitcher a lot to throw someone out. They should give the stat to both the catcher and the pitcher."

I think he's completely right, especially with Garcia on the mound, but how much do you want to bet that the media will have something to say about this?

Will it replay again today?

Myrtle72
10-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Will it replay again today?

Yeah, the replay is on right now. This particular segment is on in the last 30 minutes... which I would assume is about 1:30-2pm eastern time.

bobwsx
10-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Does John Cena know that he is white?:?:So glad somebody else noticed that.

Credefan21
10-13-2006, 09:13 AM
The reason Cena felt uncomfortable is because the WWE never mentions TNA and acts like they do not exist. If Vince Mcmahon knew AJ was going to do that, he probably wouldn't have even wanted Cena do go on the show. That was a very ackward situation to Mcmahon and Cena I am sure lol.

Kub_Killer_15
10-13-2006, 09:20 AM
John Cena seemed shocked when AJ came from back stage because he didn't even know AJ was going to be on the show apparently. It was pretty awkward but pretty funny to me.