PDA

View Full Version : Lets Play "Who Wants to Be KW"

SoxSideIrish
10-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Ok. Your name is Kenny Williams and you're the GM of the Chicago White Sox.

You are allowed 3 moves to make, irregardless of money or the likelihood of another team giving someone up.

What would you do?

My moves would be...

Uribe for Michael Young.

Scotty's gone, trade Anderson for Carl Crawford.

Vasquez for Chris Carpenter.

That would look pretty nice on paper...

Crawford
Young
Thome
Konerko
Dye
Crede
Iguchi
Pierzynski
Sweeney

and

Buerhle
Carpenter
Contreras
Garcia
McCarthy

MUsoxfan
10-10-2006, 03:29 AM
My moves would be...

Uribe for Michael Young.

Scotty's gone, trade Anderson for Carl Crawford.

Vasquez for Chris Carpenter.

That's why you would never be a GM. You live in a fantasy world.

Career stats:

Uribe - .258avg .297obp (.235avg .257obp in 2006)
Young - .300avg .344obp (.314avg .356obp in 2006)

Anderson can't even be closely compared to Crawford

Vazquez - 4.34era (4.84 in 2006)
Carpenter - 4.09 (3.09 in 2006)

No GM in baseball would trade any of those players straight-up

BigPapaPump
10-10-2006, 08:04 AM
:threadblows:

itsnotrequired
10-10-2006, 08:22 AM
:KW

"The first move I would make is down to Arby's. They got that 5 for $5.95 deal cooking and that is not to be missed."

:reinsy

"You're going to Arby's? Sweet, grab me a couple two three of those Big Montanas. I have an unimaginable hunger that only a state-sized sandwich can satisfy."

"No sweat, chief. That sandwich will be here in no time flat. I'm thinking after we dine, I make a move on Herm's parking spot. How the hell did he get one so close to the door?"

:herm

*sprints to parking lot*

"Damn, look at that guy go! Run, you little horse, run! What's that, I still have one move left? Okay, I think I'll move my desk a couple feet to the left. You know, Feng Shui and all."

"Where's my ****ing sandwich?"

fquaye149
10-10-2006, 08:57 AM
That was an odd post.:D:

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 08:58 AM
We could play lets seach threads!

Oh look here is the same thread in the clubhouse minus the fun title. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79966)

A. Cavatica
10-10-2006, 09:27 AM
3 moves to make, irregardless of money or the likelihood of another team giving someone up.

1. Scott Podsednik for Grady Sizemore.
2. Neal Cotts & Sandy Alomar for Johan Santana & Joe Mauer.
3. Sean Tracey for Joel Zumaya.

(I edited #2 because I think Sandy deserves to be traded to a contender.)

itsnotrequired
10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
That was an odd post.:D:

http://www.buckparadise.com/old_deer/lg_2003/08_deer_03.jpg

"What do you mean by that?"

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 10:20 AM
1. Scott Podsednik for Grady Sizemore.
2. Neal Cotts & Sandy Alomar for Johan Santana & Joe Mauer.
3. Sean Tracey for Joel Zumaya.

(I edited #2 because I think Sandy deserves to be traded to a contender.)

Dude, you forgot BA for Torii Hunter. Oh, and Bafia for Derek Jeter (that way we can keep Uribe as a reserve player).

10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Ease up on the guy, he was just making a post for fun, no need to smash him with This Thread Blows posts and witty comments

batmanZoSo
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
I hereby dub INR, Captain Whacky! Get that man a title under his name.

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey, I AM having fun! I think it's cool to imagine trading crazy mediocre players for Cy Young winners. Im not kidding.

0o0o0
10-10-2006, 10:59 AM
1. Trade Konerko for the Rockies manager.
2. Trade the Rockies manager for Konerko.
3. Release Konerko.

:nuts:

spiffie
10-10-2006, 11:01 AM
My moves would be:

1. Scott Podsednik for the Undertaker. I figure people will just walk him every time for fear of getting a Tombstone Piledriver, so his OBP will be through the roof.

2. 400 million yen for Shingo Takatsu's Frisbee pitch, so that Charlie Haeger can compliment the knuckleball with another magical option.

3. The White Sox DJ (Not Darren Jackson, the guy who plays the music inside the park) for Baby Fisk and his sitar. On days when Nancy doesn't play, Baby Fisk can then entertain the crowd with some fine ragas.

Jjav829
10-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I need only one move. It would be a simple 10-team trade that results in the Sox acquiring Albert Pujols, Carl Crawford, Andruw Jones, Chase Utley, Joe Mauer, Alex Rodriguez, David Wright, Johan Santana, Jake Peavy, Chris Carpenter, Scot Shields and Scott Linebrink while somehow only giving up Pablo Ozuna.

:?:

Myrtle72
10-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I think I'd also like to get $500 million from the Yankees. We can give them Cotts, Alomar, and one of the blue seats as a souviner if they want. But if they just want to give us the money, that'd be cool too.

A. Cavatica
10-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I need only one move. It would be a simple 10-team trade that results in the Sox acquiring Albert Pujols, Carl Crawford, Andruw Jones, Chase Utley, Joe Mauer, Alex Rodriguez, David Wright, Johan Santana, Jake Peavy, Chris Carpenter, Scot Shields and Scott Linebrink while somehow only giving up Pablo Ozuna.

Why the hate for Ozuna? :?:

White Sox Randy
10-10-2006, 12:39 PM
My Moves:

1. Sign Soriano

2. Sign Zito

3. Blow Up Wrigley Field With The Team And All The Fans In It - Leave Suicide Note

SoxSideIrish
10-11-2006, 02:55 AM
That's why you would never be a GM. You live in a fantasy world.

Career stats:

Uribe - .258avg .297obp (.235avg .257obp in 2006)
Young - .300avg .344obp (.314avg .356obp in 2006)

Anderson can't even be closely compared to Crawford

Vazquez - 4.34era (4.84 in 2006)
Carpenter - 4.09 (3.09 in 2006)

No GM in baseball would trade any of those players straight-up

Whats that all about? It's supposed to be fun, like a game. (Isn't the point of "Whats the Score?" for irrational, goofy ideas (amongst other things)? )

Maybe you missed the part where I said:

"irregardless of money or the likelihood of another team giving someone up."

No need for the bashing.

Beautox
10-11-2006, 07:00 AM

"The first move I would make is down to Arby's. They got that 5 for $5.95 deal cooking and that is not to be missed."

"You're going to Arby's? Sweet, grab me a couple two three of those Big Montanas. I have an unimaginable hunger that only a state-sized sandwich can satisfy."

"No sweat, chief. That sandwich will be here in no time flat. I'm thinking after we dine, I make a move on Herm's parking spot. How the hell did he get one so close to the door?"

:herm

*sprints to parking lot*

"Damn, look at that guy go! Run, you little horse, run! What's that, I still have one move left? Okay, I think I'll move my desk a couple feet to the left. You know, Feng Shui and all."

"Where's my ****ing sandwich?"

that was amazing. nearly as good as wordupthome.

mjmcend
10-11-2006, 12:28 PM

No way man. Pablo is about to break out.

Frontman
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Okies, time to have fun.

1. Scott Pods to DC Comics for the Flash. (Now THAT would be a leadoff hitter. He could drag bunt on EVERY time. And he'd definately lead the league in stolen bases.)

2. Brian Anderson to Marvel comics for Spiderman. (Even if he couldn't get a near-homer by climbing the wall, he could always webshoot a catch!)

3. Juan Uribe, a soggy churro, and Mike Murphy to the Yankees for A-Rod.

All of the above have the same possibility of happening.

Front

oscars gamble
10-11-2006, 08:31 PM
1. Sox sign Obi-Wan Kenobi as assistant GM

2. He Does the Jedi mind trick on other GM's to make deals

" You will trade me Michael Young for this old Happy Days T-Shirt"

Gregory Pratt
10-12-2006, 12:16 AM
My moves:

Hire, and fire, Tony LaRussa.
Get Carlton Fiske to play Left Field.

That should do it.