PDA

View Full Version : Chris Carpenter?

getonbckthr
10-10-2006, 01:42 AM
I was just looking at the make up of the Cardinals following this season, they are in trouble. Out of their 5 starting pitchers only Carpenter is under contract for next season. Isringhausen could be finished. As far as offensively Rolen is always hurt, Edmonds I think is finished Preston Wilson well ya he's no good. The only real positive going for this team is Carpenter and Pujols. Lets be honest I don't think there is any possible deal that would get you Pujols. On the other hand I think the right deal can land you Carpenter. Going into the rotation next season will most likely be Reyes and Wainwright two young highly talked about prospects. Unless St Louis plans on spending alot of money this season I see them as a potential 3rd and maybe 4th place team. So my question is would a deal of say Anderson or Sweeney, Broadway, Garcia and Uribe be good enough to get Carpenter and Eckstein? The reason I would offer them Garcia is come July you know there will be teams willing to throw top prospects at you for starting pitching thus meaning Freddy becomes a 3 month rental unless the Cards over perform. Same with Uribe who is young enough to possible keep long term but good enough with the glove where you can find a trading partner come July. For the Sox it obviously strengthens the rotation and helps the Sox not feel so worried about say sending a deal of Mccarthy for Crawford and gives Eckstein as a solid SS and really nice number 2 hitter allowing us to drop Iguchi to the 6th hole and somewhat splitting up the logjam of really slow players.

Horsemaster Fred
10-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Slammed upon the ocean floor by Killer Whales who cannot comprehend the concept of “mercy” Chris Carpender has shown us what he really is: A Killer Whale Victim, replete with shame and foul odor. His adobe fort is forever poxed and plagued and He Hate Me

Sargeant79
10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Slammed upon the ocean floor by Killer Whales who cannot comprehend the concept of “mercy” Chris Carpender has shown us what he really is: A Killer Whale Victim, replete with shame and foul odor. His adobe fort is forever poxed and plagued and He Hate Me

:?:

Scottiehaswheels
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Awesome! Welcome back

Palehose13
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM

That pretty much says it all abouy this topic. :D:

tebman
10-13-2006, 01:05 PM

Humpty Dumpty: When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.
Alice: The question is, whether you can make words mean so many different things.
Humpty Dumpty: The question is: which is to be master - that's all.

Hark! The Horsemaster! :cool:

23Ventura
10-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Thank you Horsemaster, I now have a sig!

nysox35
10-13-2006, 01:23 PM
I doubt they'd give him up that easily. Don't you think they want to remain competitive? I'm guessing they'll resign some guys they're losing or grab some new ones.

QCIASOXFAN
10-13-2006, 01:29 PM
:unsure: Thats about the same way I feel about him.

0o0o0
10-13-2006, 01:42 PM

:D::D::D: I don't even have to read this to know that I completely agree with it.

Myrtle72
10-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Wow, Horsemaster has 30 posts and he's already got at least three separte people quoting him in their sigs. That's awesome.