PDA

View Full Version : An observation.

chisoxmike
10-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I find it odd that all the teams that entered the playoffs hotter than ****, the Padres/Dodgers/Twins all got bounced in the first round.

Frater Perdurabo
10-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes, and the teams that completely tanked going into the playoffs (Tigers, Cardinals) have advanced. So much for the "get hot" theory.

oeo
10-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I find it odd that all the teams that entered the playoffs hotter than ****, the Padres/Dodgers/Twins all got bounced in the first round.

The Twins weren't hot going in. Did you watch the series against the Sox...it was much of the same for them in the playoffs. They could not do the little things right in that series...they lucked out to win the division.

nasox
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Which makes me believe, IF ONLY THE SOX COULD HAVE JUST GOTTEN IN. Damn, they would have ripped the playoffs up.

October26
10-10-2006, 08:36 AM
The Twins weren't hot going in. Did you watch the series against the Sox...it was much of the same for them in the playoffs. They could not do the little things right in that series...they lucked out to win the division.

Yup. You're right. And I also thought the key to the A's beating the Twins was that the A's pitchers were ahead in the count and went after the Twins. They controlled the Jasons (Tyner, Kubel & Bartlett) by keeping them off the bases and of course, they kept the damage done by Moreneau and Mauer to a minimum. They took the Twins right out of their comfort zone.

This was the same recipe that the Sox used to win 2 out of 3 from the Twins during that last weekend series of the season.