PDA

View Full Version : New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals Uber Thread

Pages : [1] 2

SouthSide_HitMen
10-08-2006, 10:36 PM
I expect one fourth of the action on this thread as on the other thread.

I have liked the Cardinals over the years due to their rivalry with the Cubs and their relationship with AB. I am a die hard Mets fan. I think the Mets will win this series. I am ecstatic of having a shot at attending the NLCS and with Detroit winning the World Series without having to go to New York and spend crazy amounts on tickets and lodging.

This should be a great series. I think the Mets' starting staff held together by scotch tape at this point and their awesome bullpen will be able to give the offense a chance to win 4 games in this series (and hopfully the next).

The Cardinals are like Detroit in that they were able to regroup after a poor September. Part of that is the fact the NL West has never provided good playoff competition (they are now 3-13 in the opening round of the playoffs since Bud created six divisions post strike).

I think this series will go six or seven and I am glad the final game will most likely be at Shea.

Should be a great week plus of baseball before the World Series. :supernana:

chisoxmike
10-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Piazza GIDPK to end runners on corners , 1 out, for Padres. Looks like thats it for the Pads.

Chips
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
GO CARDINALS.

I loathe the Mets as much I loathe mustard.

chisoxmike
10-08-2006, 10:47 PM
GO CARDINALS.

I loathe the Mets as much I loathe mustard.

Yeah, screw the Mets. But I think they'll win.

Frater Perdurabo
10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Piazza GIDPK

I find it hilarious that GIDP and GIDPK have become the same thing. :cool:

thomas35forever
10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Go Cards. I've been rooting for them since the playoffs began.

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Meh. Go Mets, I guess.

I predict the Mets in 7.

Frater Perdurabo
10-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm going to be in Saint Louis starting Thursday, Oct. 26. If the Cardinals make it, the potential Game 5 would be held Thursday, Oct. 26 at Busch Stadium. If that happens, I'm going to try to score a ticket.

The Cardinals were the first team I really supported, having spent ages 3-6 growing up in Springfield, Illinois, the home of the Cardinals' AAA franchise at the time. Watching the Cardinals win the 1982 World Series is my first baseball memory. (Of course, I jumped on the Sox bandwagon when I moved to Chicago to start second grade in August 1983.)

Therefore, I really do have to root for the Cardinals.

Kub_Killer_15
10-08-2006, 11:19 PM
I dislike both of these teams so I'm going to go with my instinct on this one--Go Mets!

Did I just type that!:o:

BNLSox
10-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Part of that is the fact the NL West has never provided good playoff competition (they are now 3-13 in the opening round of the playoffs since Bud created six divisions post strike).

Didn't the Giants go to the series in 2002 and Arizona won it in 2001 That's at least 6 wins there, plus 1 by the Pads this year, and 1 by the Dodgers 2 years ago. I'm not keeping the closest tabs on this division but I think it has achieved a bit more than you gave it credit for.

Back to the topic at hand.... This is a very interesting series. St. Louis looked like they were the worst team to ever make the post season. They couldn't even win on the last day to clinch it. And then they come out FIRING on all cylinders.

I think the Cards have a legit shot at this pennant. It should be a longer series. Def 6-7 games in my mind.

MUsoxfan
10-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Cardinals in 6

Tigers over the Cards in 5

SouthSide_HitMen
10-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Didn't the Giants go to the series in 2002 and Arizona won it in 2001 That's at least 6 wins there, plus 1 by the Pads this year, and 1 by the Dodgers 2 years ago. I'm not keeping the closest tabs on this division but I think it has achieved a bit more than you gave it credit for.

The NL West are 3-13 in series played (http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/) (not games in NLCS played) since Division Series / six divisions were instituted in 1995.

This is what happens when beating 3 (and with the wild card 2) teams counts as "winning" something.

NL West baseball -
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/pwned-48495.jpg

since 1995. :cool:

Baby Fisk
10-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Let's!
Go!
Mets!

SoxFan76
10-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Who cares. The winner of this series will ultimately win the title of 1st loser in the MLB. :cool:

23Ventura
10-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Go Mets!!
In the World Series, A's over the Mets in 5.

SOXintheBURGH
10-09-2006, 01:34 PM
San Louis vs. Oakland.

ESPN will start a Tony LaRussa lovefest the likes of which we've never seen.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Let's!
Go!
Mets!

Yea of little faith. :D:

DoItForDanPasqua
10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
The Mets because the Cardinals don't deserve it. 83 wins should not be enough to qualify for the playoffs. I say bye round for the Mets.

palehozenychicty
10-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Let's!
Go!
Mets!

Indeed. Meet the Mets!

slobes
10-09-2006, 04:12 PM
The Mets because the Cardinals don't deserve it. 83 wins should not be enough to qualify for the playoffs. I say bye round for the Mets.

Ditto. Plus they almost had the choke of the century.

Myrtle72
10-09-2006, 04:29 PM

Now... call me crazy, but I never thought the number of wins a team had was what determined how good they were.

You all say that the National Leauge sucks and while it's true that they have fewer wins per team, they also have fewer teams with really horrible records. The American League had two teams with over 100 losses while the National League had none, for example. The stats are just more spread out and while that could mean that the National Leauge is collectively not as a good, it could also mean that they are collectively better.

I am not saying that the National Leauge is good - they have proven in a number of circumstances to be the inferior league, but I would much rather go by other stats because to me, you need more than wins and losses within a leauge to determine how good they are.

SoxFan76
10-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Now... call me crazy, but I never thought the number of wins a team had was what determined how good they were.

You all say that the National Leauge sucks and while it's true that they have fewer wins per team, they also have fewer teams with really horrible records. The American League had two teams with over 100 losses while the National League had none, for example. The stats are just more spread out and while that could mean that the National Leauge is collectively not as a good, it could also mean that they are collectively better.

I am not saying that the National Leauge is good - they have proven in a number of circumstances to be the inferior league, but I would much rather go by other stats because to me, you need more than wins and losses within a leauge to determine how good they are.

I understand the win/loss argument for pitchers (starting or relief), but for an entire team? Come on man, you play the games to see how many you can win. If you can't judge a team by the number of wins they have, what else do you have? If Team A has a .2327857 WHORFILRISP while Team B has a 2.2385t238 WHORFILRISP, that clearly means Team B has the better WHORFILRISP. But Team A had 20 more wins. (Please...someone see the humor in that :wink:).

There's a reason standings are based off win/loss records.

Myrtle72
10-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I understand the win/loss argument for pitchers (starting or relief), but for an entire team? Come on man, you play the games to see how many you can win. If you can't judge a team by the number of wins they have, what else do you have? If Team A has a .2327857 WHORFILRISP while Team B has a 2.2385t238 WHORFILRISP, that clearly means Team B has the better WHORFILRISP. But Team A had 20 more wins. (Please...someone see the humor in that :wink:).

There's a reason standings are based off win/loss records.

I don't think you understand exactly what I'm saying.

Within a leauge the wins and loses do mean something. Because the teams are playing eachother.

Between leauges, they may not mean anything because the teams don't play each other (In theory. I know there is inter-leauge play, but it's not enough to really judge how well the National Leauge and the American Leauge do against each other during the regular season).

I'm not saying there is anything really wrong with the system, it works just fine. The two different leagues play within themselves until they find the best from their leagues and then those two teams play each other for the championship. I am just saying, as whole, you can't say the National League is worse only based on win/loss records.

brewcrew/chisox
10-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm stealing this from a post on Brewerfan.net, but It gathers the essence of how I feel about the Cardinals.

'I hate the Cardinals

I hate their hitting
I hate their pitching
I hate their sea of red
I hate their new ballpark
I hate their old ballpark
I hate Jim Edmonds' phony catches
I hate Albert Pujols' bombs
I hate that annoying runt David Eckstein
I hate Scott Rolen's gold gloves
I hate those stupid horses that poop all over the field
I hate Budweiser
I hate Bud Light
I hate Jack Buck
I hate Joe Buck
I hate that steroid infested Mark McGwire
I hate their sacrifice bunts
I hate that they always hit the cutoff man
I hate Tony LaRussa and his annoying pitching changes
I hate Mark Mulder's sinkerballs
I hate Jeff Suppan
I hate Game 7 of the 1982 World Series
I hate the color red
I hate Willie McGee
I hate their hit and run plays
I hate their successful squeeze bunts
I hate their 3 million attendance
I hate Bruce Sutter
I hate their opening day car parades
I hate that arch
I hate Bob Gibson
I hate seeing them on ESPN all the time
I hate Lou Brock
I hate Big Mac Land
I hate them being in the postseason every year
I hate Joaquin Andujar
I hate their standing ovations for losers like Stubby Clapp
I hate their double plays
I hate Ozzie Smith and his backflips

The baseball gods have just been way too kind to that franchise. I am
so sick of them. They deserve a hundred years of misery."

Yeah that about sums it up.:cool:

Myrtle72
10-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm stealing this from a post on Brewerfan.net, but It gathers the essence of how I feel about the Cardinals.

'I hate the Cardinals

I hate their hitting
I hate their pitching
I hate their sea of red
I hate Budweiser
I hate Bud Light
I hate Jack Buck
I hate Joe Buck
I hate Jeff Suppan
I hate the color red
I hate Willie McGee
I hate Bruce Sutter
I hate that arch
I hate Bob Gibson
I hate Lou Brock
I hate Big Mac Land
I hate Joaquin Andujar

... so... does that mean you're not going to be rooting for the Cardinals?:unsure:

Baby Fisk
10-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Yea of little faith. :D:

It's a bi-polar thing. :redface:

October26
10-10-2006, 09:17 AM

'I hate the Cardinals

I hate their hitting
I hate their pitching
I hate their sea of red
I hate Budweiser
I hate Bud Light
I hate Jack Buck
I hate Joe Buck
I hate Jeff Suppan
I hate the color red
I hate Willie McGee
I hate Bruce Sutter
I hate that arch
I hate Bob Gibson
I hate Lou Brock
I hate Big Mac Land
I hate Joaquin Andujar

Wow. That's a lot of hate there, friend. I thought I detested the Twins more than anyone could detest a franchise, but you really HATE the Cardinals don't you?

So, are you rooting for the Mets or are you in the "I don't care" category?

brewcrew/chisox
10-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Not a big fan of the Mets either. I won't be rooting for either team coming out of the nAAAtional league.

I dislike teams that are overloved, or overhyped....hence my dislike for the Cardinals, Cubs, and Yankees...all get far too much coverage and acolades IMO.....the Derick Jeter love fest during this last series was just one example of how sickening some of the coverage can get with certain teams.

I'll even go so far as to say that overcoverage and overhype by the media can contribute to one getting annoyed with his or her own favorite team.

I'll give an example..my beloved Packers and the media's syrup laden coverage of Brett Favre. I'll always be a Packer fan and always be a Farve fan, but shut up already. How many times did Farve have to play a game for some smaltzy (sp?) cause...wife has cancer, father dies, goldfish is sick etc... It was pretty bad in Wisconsin when the Packers went to the superbowl as well...Local coverage during the playoffs was unwatchable....ie what did Mike Holmgren have for breakfast today?

I was surprised about the coverage of the Whitesox actually, as it didn't seem too over the top or overly sentimental to me, although methinks that if the Bears go to the Superbowl I will have to get my vomit bag for some of the personal interest stories that will bombard the airwaves (and yes, I realize that part of my nausea may be because I'm a Packer fan) :wink:

brewcrew/chisox
10-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I'll give an example..my beloved Packers and the medithe scum laden A's syrup laden coverage of Brett Favre.

mod's, so "scum laden" is included in everything that has an 'a' and an apostrophe?

FielderJones
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Within a leauge the wins and loses domean something. Because the teams are playing eachother.

Between leauges, they may not mean anything because the teams don't play each other (In theory. I know there is inter-leauge play, but it's not enough to really judge how well the National Leauge and the American Leauge do against each other during the regular season).

I'm not saying there is anything really wrong with the system, it works just fine. The two different leagues play within themselves until they find the best from their leagues and then those two teams play each other for the championship. I am just saying, as whole, you can't say the National League is worse onlybased on win/loss records.

http://www.mudhens.com/images/hof/casey_stengal.jpg
"The word is league. And you could look it up."

I want Mags back
10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
**** the mets

KMKsuburbannoise
10-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I really like this years MEts team but my grandmother was a Cardinals fan. So, go Cards!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Card get an extra day of rest for Carpenter. I don't think it will matter against this Mets Juggernaut. :cool:

They still haven't announced the time for game 2. :angry:

Game 3 in St. Louis on Saturday gets pushed to 7:15 PM CDT with Game 4 in the ALCS moved to 3:05 pm CDT.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Watching the awesome 1986 Mets Box Set has brought back some awesome memories.

NBC had a great broadcast back then with Scully and Garagiola (and no annoying graphics every two seconds or show promos or idiot announcer in the stands).

The players were about one or two inches shorter and about 15 to 20 pounds lighter back then. Dyskstra looked about 40 lbs. lighter than when he went to Philly. Sid Fernandez, the Mets rotund pitcher would probably be the second lightest staff member in 2005 (to Buehrle).

Bill Buckner was hit in the hip with a fast ball in the top of the 10th and about 10 minutes later made his infamous gaffe.

I think any baseball fan from the 1980s would enjoy the box set. I don't know how much Boston fans would enjoy it but I think they would like watching Games 1 - 5 at minimum.

1951Campbell
10-12-2006, 09:23 AM

The NL went about 5-929 in interleague play.

They haven't won a World Series game since 2003.

QED.

23Ventura
10-12-2006, 09:30 AM

Within a leauge the wins and loses do mean something. Because the teams are playing eachother.

I'm not saying there is anything really wrong with the system, it works just fine. The two different leagues play within themselves until they find the best from their leagues and then those two teams play each other for the championship. I am just saying, as whole, you can't say the National League is worse only based on win/loss records.
But there is interleague play, and the National League got dominated. The Sox went 14-4 and had the 3rd best interleague record in their own division!!! That's why I don't want the Cardinals to win. If they were in the AL Central, they would struggle to beat out Cleveland for 4th place. In the NL Central, they have a shot to go to the World Series.

Baby Fisk
10-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Watching the awesome 1986 Mets Box Set has brought back some awesome memories.

I was saving that box to watch this off season, but then the 2006 Mets went and stormed into the post-season.

But don't worry, they didn't win last night, and are therefore doomed again.:(:

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Hmmm... so is anyone else watching the game?

SOXintheBURGH
10-12-2006, 08:48 PM

I am, but its hard to watch Jeff Weaver pitch in an LCS game.

RadioheadRocks
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM

I'm at work, so I'm following along here and on SI.com.

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 08:55 PM
The NL went about 5-929 in interleague play.

They haven't won a World Series game since 2003.

QED.

Alright. Now that's how you measure which league is better.

RadioheadRocks
10-12-2006, 10:11 PM
2 run HR by Beltran... 2-0 Mets, bottom 6th. :bandance:

HotelWhiteSox
10-12-2006, 10:14 PM

You can't really use W-L to compare the leagues. Look at interleague. People who argue the NL sucks don't care about any team's record in the NL because it is just a lot of mediocrity playing each other. I would go as far to say that any AL team would easily have a better record if in the NL

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 10:15 PM
People keep talking about how they're going to root for the Mets in the WS... but... well, this thread is completely dead. Funny how no one (aparently) thinks we should root for either the Tigers or the A's, yet somehow, those threads get all the action.

RadioheadRocks
10-12-2006, 10:21 PM
That's 'cause the Mets are doing it in Stealth mode! :D:

cbotnyse
10-12-2006, 10:21 PM
People keep talking about how they're going to root for the Mets in the WS... but... well, this thread is completely dead. Funny how no one (aparently) thinks we should root for either the Tigers or the A's, yet somehow, those threads get all the action.This is the National league. Its always gonna get way less attention than the American league round here.

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
This is the National league. Its always gonna get way less attention than the American league round here.

I know that. I just think it's interesting that everyone is saying how much they want the Mets to win because they hate both the Tigers and the A's, but none of them are watching the game.

RadioheadRocks
10-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I've probably been the most vocal about not cheering for either AL team this year, and I can definitely assure you I'm paying attention to the Mets/Cards game. One of the two TVs in our break room has the game on, so every now and then I sneak out of the office and get a glimpse of the game; meanwhile I'm still following along mostly via SI.com.

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I've probably been the most vocal about not cheering for either AL team this year, and I can definitely assure you I'm paying attention to the Mets/Cards game. One of the two TVs in our break room has the game on, so every now and then I sneak out of the office and get a glimpse of the game; meanwhile I'm still following along mostly via SI.com.

Oh, okay. At least someone cares. :cool:

AuroraSoxFan
10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
After Beltran hit his blast, they said it was his 9th postseason HR. I am wondering, have any of them NOT been against the Cardinals?? He seems to own them in the playoffs.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Tres more outs for Les Metros.

:gulp:

Myrtle72
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Did I just see Meg Ryan at the game?

MUsoxfan
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Tres more outs for Les Metros.

This is all because I wore my Cardinals shirt yesterday instead of today:mad:

thomas35forever
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Classy behavior by Mets fans.

jenn2080
10-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Classy behavior by Mets fans.

What did they do? I was not watching.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2006, 11:11 PM
MANOS DE PIETRA!!!

Nice play.

jenn2080
10-12-2006, 11:13 PM
What the hell is up with that lip hair under Spiezo's lip? :puking:

Also if I am reading the score correctly the Mets have a 2-0 lead. Why the heck did the little Met tea cup have a rally cap on?

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Mets take game 1.

Tom Glavine is back to being a big game postseason pitcher.

I like.

RadioheadRocks
10-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Book it, Danno! :D:

thomas35forever
10-12-2006, 11:18 PM
What did they do? I was not watching.
They were booing Looper who's pitching for the Cardinals now because he sucked with the Mets last year. They were chanting "Looper sucks, Looper sucks."

AuroraSoxFan
10-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Mets take game 1.

Tom Glavine is back to being a big game postseason pitcher.

I like.

Glavine has been clutch. I hope next year he can stay healthy and notch his 300th win. also hope Thome and Frank can belt their 500th dingers. That should make them all Cooperstown shoe ins, if they already aren't. Three class dudes in an era of dirtbags.

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Glavine has been clutch. I hope next year he can stay healthy and notch his 300th win. also hope Thome and Frank can belt their 500th dingers. That should make them all Cooperstown shoe ins, if they already aren't. Three class dudes in an era of dirtbags.

Frank and Glavine are in already. Thome is definitely on the fence.

AuroraSoxFan
10-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Frank and Glavine are in already. Thome is definitely on the fence.

Well if he can launch some more balls over the fence he can hopefully get himself off the fence. 07 should be an interesting year for him.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
People keep talking about how they're going to root for the Mets in the WS... but... well, this thread is completely dead. Funny how no one (aparently) thinks we should root for either the Tigers or the A's, yet somehow, those threads get all the action.

I was out drinking and watching the Mets pwn the Cardinals who I like (but not as much) because they share the same city as AB's world headquarters.

Baby Fisk only comes here when he is on the government dole, I mean government payroll. :D:

Everybody loves the New York Mets. Seven more wins and Queens will be rocking!!!

ode to veeck
10-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Manos with a couple of big D plays there to seal it for the Mets. Actually a close well played game with one hanging fastball and one hammered HR the only difference.

palehozenychicty
10-13-2006, 10:43 AM
They were booing Looper who's pitching for the Cardinals now because he sucked with the Mets last year. They were chanting "Looper sucks, Looper sucks."

Well, he does suck.

I want Mags back
10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
well that just sucked

pinwheels3530
10-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Let's Go Mets! I watch postseason baseball no matter who is playing. It's fun watching the Mets have all the attention of New York to themselves, just like the Sox did last year here in Chicago.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Delgado goes deep for a 3 run homer, 3-0 Mets

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 08:38 PM
2-run double by Molina, 3-2 Mets

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 08:48 PM
RBI single by Reyes, 4-2 Mets

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 08:49 PM
RBI single by Reyes, 4-2 Mets

Woo-hoo! Go Mets!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Edmonds hits a 2-run homer, game tied at 4 in the 3rd

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 09:04 PM
boo hiss :D:

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Still tied, bottom 5th... c'mon Mets!

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Delgado hits his 2nd homer of the night, 5-4 Mets

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 09:56 PM
:supernana:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 10:27 PM
RBI double by Lo Duca, 6-4 Mets

Chips
10-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Tie game :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Spieizo with a 2-run triple, game tied at 6

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Umps got the call right, to their credit. On to the bottom of the 7th, still tied at 6.

slavko
10-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Do you give Green credit for saving a HR, or agree with me that he had plenty of time to run, not drift, back to the fence, jump up, and catch it.

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Now this is more like it...6-6 in the 8th inning. An actual close, interesting postseason game.

Thanks, Cards/Mets!

:thumbsup:

Chips
10-13-2006, 11:41 PM
:putitontheboard

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 11:41 PM
So Taguchi takes Billy Wagner deep, 7-6 Cards

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2006, 11:42 PM
And like that, "That Guy is So" Taguchi belts one off Wagner to give the Cardinals a 7-6 lead in the 9th. Ouch.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 11:46 PM
figures :angry:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 11:47 PM
RBI double by Spiezio, 8-6 Cards

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-13-2006, 11:48 PM
9-6 Cards

QCIASOXFAN
10-13-2006, 11:51 PM
What is going on here:angry: ! Some cards homer bet me $50 that the Cards would NOT win the world series. :yup: I still hope the Mets beat them in the series so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

RadioheadRocks
10-13-2006, 11:55 PM
What is going on here:angry: ! Some cards homer bet me $50 that the Cards would NOT win the world series. :yup: I still hope the Mets beat them in the series so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Worst case scenario the series is tied at 1 game apiece... no worries here!

FarWestChicago
10-13-2006, 11:56 PM
This AAANL series is quite interesting.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-14-2006, 12:04 AM
On to St. Louis, series tied at 1

Chips
10-14-2006, 12:05 AM
That's a Cardinal's Winner. :wired:

FarWestChicago
10-14-2006, 12:07 AM
These teams really blow. Could they take 4th place in an AL division?

NDSox12
10-14-2006, 12:10 AM

Not in the AL Central, for sure. Wow... the lack of competition for the Tigers is mind-boggling.

23Ventura
10-14-2006, 02:00 AM
The Tigers had better win the World Series because if one of these crappy teams wins the series I will be so pissed. These teams suck, the Cardinals are barely better than a .500 team, and would've finished 5th in the AL Central, ahead of only Kansas City. They play in the worst division in baseball, and they still could only manage 83 wins. They should not have a chance at the World Series. What a joke that would be if they managed to get there. That would probably be the worst World Series team ever.

As for the Mets, at least they're respectable, but still, in the AL, the White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays, Tigers, Twins, A's, and Angels are all better. The Mets wouldn't have made the playoffs in the AL, at best they would've maybe finished 3rd in any of the AL divisions. Their record may be good, but if any of these AL teams I listed played against the NL all year long, they would win well over 100 games.

FloridaTigers
10-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Go Red birds.

oeo
10-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Go Red birds.

Does it really matter? Both teams are very beatable for the Tigers. Hell, the A's could probably beat both of them.

Fenway
10-14-2006, 02:38 AM
I would like to see a rematch of the 68 Series where Detroit shocked St Louis.

These playoffs so far lack drama. I'm biased but the 2004 ALCS was great theater and last year we saw great games in the NLCS, ALCS and World Series.

Crede_Fan
10-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Go Red birds.

Does it really matter? Both teams are very beatable for the Tigers. Hell, the A's could probably beat both of them.

Could you imagine the ratings? Fox has to be pulling for the Mets to win.

PKalltheway
10-14-2006, 09:09 AM
That would probably be the worst World Series team ever.
The 1973 Mets were slightly worse with 82 wins. They took down the Big Red Machine (who had 99 wins) in the NLCS, and they took a 3-2 lead over Oakland in the World Series before finally losing in Games 6 and 7. I can only imagine how pissed Reds fans were when they lost, and how pissed Oakland fans were when they nearly lost.

OEO Magglio
10-14-2006, 09:12 AM
The goal for the NL team in the World Series should just be to win a game. As long as Detroit can finish Oakland off then they shouldn't have much of a problem. Then we get to hear them compared to the 05 Sox 95 million more times, yay.

Been a long time since I've used teal, hopefully I got that right. I apologize if I didn't

batmanZoSo
10-14-2006, 01:10 PM
No team left alive would have a prayer against the 05 Sox. Then again not many teams in the last 25 years would.

23Ventura
10-14-2006, 01:47 PM
The goal for the NL team in the World Series should just be to win a game. As long as Detroit can finish Oakland off then they shouldn't have much of a problem. Then we get to hear them compared to the 05 Sox 95 million more times, yay.

Been a long time since I've used teal, hopefully I got that right. I apologize if I didn't

I hope Detroit at least loses 1 more game throughout the rest of the playoffs. I expect them to win the World Series, but I don't want them to go 11-1 because then people would really try to compare them to the '05 Sox. The Tigers couldn't beat the '06 Sox head to head, so they wouldn't have a chance against the '05 team.

rookie
10-14-2006, 04:09 PM

I hope Detroit at least loses 1 more game throughout the rest of the playoffs. I expect them to win the World Series, but I don't want them to go 11-1 because then people would really try to compare them to the '05 Sox. The Tigers couldn't beat the '06 Sox head to head, so they wouldn't have a chance against the '05 team.

Not only that, but I'd like them to lose so they don't win more than 8 in a row in the postseason. I know this is sour grapes, but I don't think they deserve to make that kind of history - not 4 complete games or coming back from 0-3 type history. C'mon NL or Oakland, beat the Tigers at least one time.

oeo
10-14-2006, 08:36 PM
2-0 Cards. :bandance:

Sean Green is AWFUL in right field. What the hell was that attempt?

Jjav829
10-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Jeff Suppan of all people just went deep. :?:

3-0 Cards.

Kub_Killer_15
10-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Tracshel leaves the game after getting hit by a line drive in the leg. He faced 12 batters and pitched 1 inning and the bases are loaded. So far 3 earned runs but he is still responsible for all the runners.

Kub_Killer_15
10-14-2006, 09:11 PM
4-0 on a wild pitch

2nd and 3rd still no outs in the 2nd!:bandance:

Edit: Now a ground out for Edmonds and Wilson scores 5-0:bandance: :bandance:

Chips
10-15-2006, 12:23 PM
It's nice to see the Cardinals winning this series.

whitesoxfan1986
10-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I know he has sucked the past two seasons, but what was KW thinking when he didn't ask about trading for Oliver Perez? Pittsburgh basically gave him away. Perez could have been had for nothing. Maybe Kenny didn't want another Vazquez type, but if this guy can figure it out, he can be dominant. Other pluses to trading for him would have been that he is young(25) and a lefty. Maybe we can steal him from the Mets for one of our older starters.

chisoxmike
10-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Holy ****. The White Sox have been mentioned twice during this game.

Martinigirl
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Did anyone else just groan when they showed Jerry Manuel in the dugout?

Chips
10-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Holy ****. The White Sox have been mentioned twice during this game.

About what, I was tuned to the Raiders/Broncos game on NBC.

chisoxmike
10-15-2006, 09:03 PM
About what, I was tuned to the Raiders/Broncos game on NBC.

They talked about the Sox/Cardinals game this year when the Sox won 1-0 on one hit (a HR) by the AL Comeback Player of the Year, also mentioned Jerry Manuel "long time manager of the Chicago White Sox."

TDog
10-15-2006, 09:09 PM
They talked about the Sox/Cardinals game this year when the Sox won 1-0 on one hit (a HR) by the AL Comeback Player of the Year, also mentioned Jerry Manuel "long time manager of the Chicago White Sox."

As opposed to Tony LaRussa, a long-ago manager of the White Sox.

chisoxmike
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
As opposed to Tony LaRussa, a long-ago manager of the White Sox.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:jU7QTiLbXP8gJM:http://nssahalloffame.com/Joe_Buck_2004.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://nssahalloffame.com/Joe_Buck_2004.jpg&imgrefurl=http://nssahalloffame.com/&h=330&w=268&sz=22&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=jU7QTiLbXP8gJM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djoe%2Bbuck%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26l r%3D%26sa%3DG)
"LaRussa, the greatest manager in the game, would have never demoted himself to manage a trash, cheatin' team like your White Sox."

HotelWhiteSox
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
I hope the Sox never use that DJ Casper 'everybody clap your hands' crap, already sick of it from the limited playoff games I've seen

Chips
10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Cardinals tie. :bandance:

The Dude
10-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Cardinals tie. :bandance:

You're lucky the Mets have their bench/scrub players starting because of injury. I still hope they can pull it off. Regardless, the Tigers should mop the floor with these two pathetic excuses for teams.

The Dude
10-15-2006, 09:53 PM
5-2 Mets on a 3 run bomb by Delgado!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

RadioheadRocks
10-15-2006, 09:54 PM
That's more like it!!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-15-2006, 09:57 PM
You're lucky the Mets have their bench/scrub players starting because of injury. I still hope they can pull it off. Regardless, the Tigers should mop the floor with these two pathetic excuses for teams.

It is pretty hard when you lose a Hall of Fame Ace as well as two other starters (El Duque and Victor Zambrano) to be dominant in the postseason. If they win tonight they are 5-2 and still a respectible club vs. the AL. Whether they are able to defeat Detroit or not will have to wait until next week (assuming they get past St. Louis). The Mets have the offense to defeat Detroit - I don't know if they can patch together enough pitching to win four games.

I don't envision a sweep by the Tigers as they do not have the dominant teams Boston and the White Sox brought to the World Series the previous two seasons.

The Dude
10-15-2006, 10:20 PM
7-3 METS! Bases loaded ground rule double by Delgado!

Sacks packed once again. Lets put this one out of reach.

cheeses_h_rice
10-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Let the record show that Chips confirmed last night that his only rooting interests in the postseason are based purely on who he had money on.

He's a great fan of the game.

:rolleyes:

The Dude
10-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Stache with the double! :bandance:

11-3 Mets!

QCIASOXFAN
10-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Chalk this inning up under worst case scenario.

RadioheadRocks
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
11-3 Mets, and the hit parade goes on...

HotelWhiteSox
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Valentin you bastard, now you learn to hit right handed

Stache strikes again

thomas35forever
10-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Who saw the wannabe Cubs fan throw Delgado's homer back on the field?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Cardinals Bullpen scheduled for the Maury Povich Show tomorrow.

Episode #3065 - "Who's your Daddy?"

:cool:

Myrtle72
10-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm glad at least one of the series in the postseason is exciting - I was getting a little bored will all the sweeps (or near sweeps) going on.

Chips
10-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Let the record show that Chips confirmed last night that his only rooting interests in the postseason are based purely on who he had money on.

He's a great fan of the game.

:rolleyes:

I'm not denying it.

Chips
10-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Cardinals Bullpen scheduled for the Maury Povich Show tomorrow.

Episode #3065 - "Who's your Daddy?"

:cool:

:kneeslap:

PKalltheway
10-16-2006, 12:11 AM
I don't envision a sweep by the Tigers as they do not have the dominant teams Boston and the White Sox brought to the World Series the previous two seasons.Agreed. I don't care how bad the NL teams are, if Detroit sweeps the World Series, that means they'll finish the postseason with 11 wins in a row. There's no way in hell that's gonna happen. I think the series will go five or six games, but there will not be a sweep. I mean really, this is the Tigers. They are a VERY good team, but they aren't the '76 Reds.

Baby Fisk
10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Glad the Mets' bats finally woke up. But if they win it all with this ridiculous post-season rotation, it will be another patented Mets Miracle (to which I would not be opposed, naturally).

AuroraSoxFan
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM
When the Cards pitching got lit up by the Sox, didn't Duncan go making some sorry excuses saying the Sox cheated somehow? Weren't the Sox allegedly gettign help from the scoreboard or something? I forget his original lines. Wonder if he'll make excuses like that today even though the game was in his home park. But his son didn't get plunked so odds are he'll hopefully be quiet.

kevingrt
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Chances the game gets played tonight are slim. It's been raining in St. Louis all day and it's not suppose to stop till overnight. I would be very surprised if they play tonight.

pauliemyhero14
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
i was watching mike and mike in the morning today on espn and they were talking about A-rod and how one team has called them and offered them a deal for him. They said that the whitesox did and they offered any starting pitcher besides mcCarthy and crede or josh fields and AA prospect. The yankees said that if they give McCarthy they would be willing to pay big chunk of his contract. I would do McCarthy, fields, and some AA prospect for A-rod. Have A-rod play short, crede at 3rd, iguchi 2nd, and konerko 1st. That would give the sox one of the best infields in the mlb. If the sox were to get A-rod that would give the sox 4 legit 40+ homerun guys.

Tell me what you think about this.

p.s. sorry i dont know how to start a new post so i just did it on this one.

AuroraSoxFan
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
i was watching mike and mike in the morning today on espn and they were talking about A-rod and how one team has called them and offered them a deal for him. They said that the whitesox did and they offered any starting pitcher besides mcCarthy and crede or josh fields and AA prospect. The yankees said that if they give McCarthy they would be willing to pay big chunk of his contract. I would do McCarthy, fields, and some AA prospect for A-rod. Have A-rod play short, crede at 3rd, iguchi 2nd, and konerko 1st. That would give the sox one of the best infields in the mlb. If the sox were to get A-rod that would give the sox 4 legit 40+ homerun guys.

Tell me what you think about this.

p.s. sorry i dont know how to start a new post so i just did it on this one.

There is a monster thread on this. Hers is the link for it.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79913

Hope you have some time to read a LOT of perspectives on AROD. Some are similar to your idea, some are way opposite.

pauliemyhero14
10-16-2006, 04:55 PM
thank you

thomas35forever
10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Just saw it on ESPNEWS. Mother Nature must be showing what she thinks of the NL.

nysox35
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Just saw it on ESPNEWS. Mother Nature must be showing what she thinks of the NL.

Interesting.

Think the Cards will bump up Carpenter to Game 5?
I think there are arguments both ways:

For - Opportunity to go up 3-2 w/ your ace pitching at STL. Also, should they make the WS, he'd pitch an earlier game in that.

Against - If STL were to lose game 5, they'd probably pretty much be done, whereas holding him back, they'd have a better shot in Game 6 at NY.

Tough Call...

AuroraSoxFan
Kitties players are gonna be out of shape and in vaca mode by the time this NLCS is over.

I want Mags back
guess that means more bears viewers across the country

AuroraSoxFan
10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Interesting.

Think the Cards will bump up Carpenter to Game 5?
I think there are arguments both ways:

For - Opportunity to go up 3-2 w/ your ace pitching at STL. Also, should they make the WS, he'd pitch an earlier game in that.

Against - If STL were to lose game 5, they'd probably pretty much be done, whereas holding him back, they'd have a better shot in Game 6 at NY.

Tough Call...

That is a tough call. I guess that's why LaRussa gets the big bucks. Giving Glavine the additional day of rest may take the Mets a long way.

The Dude
10-16-2006, 06:01 PM
That is a tough call. I guess that's why LaRussa gets the big bucks. Giving Glavine the additional day of rest may take the Mets a long way.

I heard Glavine talking early this morning about not being a fan at all about playing on 3 days rest. This has got to be a huge advantage to the injury plagued staff of the Mets because they can obviously outslug that weak Cardinal team.

Can't we just get this series over so the Tigers can take the title?:redneck
I just can't see a scenario that has the NL winning a WS in the next few years.

Myrtle72
10-16-2006, 06:05 PM

Yes, lets. This series is going to last forever.

DoItForDanPasqua
10-16-2006, 06:26 PM

Absolutely, pitchers are shown to perform much better on full rest and since you can't expect Glavine to pitch too many innings on short rest, this will benefit the Mets bullpen as well.

23Ventura
10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
meh, I don't care. If I want to see the Cardinals lose, I'll just watch the Bears game tonight.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I heard Glavine talking early this morning about not being a fan at all about playing on 3 days rest. This has got to be a huge advantage to the injury plagued staff of the Mets because they can obviously outslug that weak Cardinal team.

I just can't see a scenario that has the NL winning a WS in the next few years.

If Pedro Martinez was healthy and on the mound the Mets would be a slight underdog against Detroit.

The AL teams over the previous two seasons were clearly dominant and the AL has had an overall better performance over the past few years but anything can happen in the playoffs / in a short series.

I think the Mets have a shot this year even with their depleted staff.

Ol' No. 2
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Just saw it on ESPNEWS. Mother Nature must be showing what she thinks of the NL.I say just call it a draw. Let them combine the two teams and pick the best 25 to face the Tigers. At least the Cardimets might have a chance of making it interesting.

nysox35
10-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I say just call it a draw. Let them combine the two teams and pick the best 25 to face the Tigers. At least the Cardimets might have a chance of making it interesting.

haha, I love it. It's worth a shot, I mean maybe the Cardimets would take two games instead of the inevitable 4-1 or 4-0 the Tigers will lay on NY or STL.

EDIT: The pitching staff is still pretty comical compared to detroit.
Carpenter, Glavine, Weaver, Maine vs. Verlander, Rogers, Bonderman, Robertson.

I think the Cardimets might go down 4-1 as well.

I want Mags back
10-17-2006, 07:11 PM
theres no rain in the forecast tonight in the STL. Im saying mets win 6-4

MUsoxfan
10-17-2006, 07:24 PM
As much as I'd hate to agree with you on a Metropolitan winner, I feel that will be the case as well. However I'm gonna say the Mets really whack Weaver around and win 10-1

cheeses_h_rice
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Manos gets the Mets on the board with an uber-clutch 2-run double.

*woohoo*

Myrtle72
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Manos gets the Mets on the board with an uber-clutch 2-run double.

*woohoo*

Uber-clutch. Hehe.

TDog
10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
This is a big game. Obviously. With the Cardinals ahead, I'm not so sure the Mets will make it to the World Series this year. And if the Cardinals can beat the Mets, I'm not so sure they would roll over against the Tigers.

Chips
10-17-2006, 10:38 PM
:putitontheboard

batmanZoSo
10-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Muck the Fets.

Chips
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Muck the Fets.

Ditto.

Chips
10-17-2006, 11:25 PM
HE GONE.

LuvSox
10-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Ditto.

In triplicate

LuvSox
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Cards win, up 3-2.

Suck on that New York baseball franchise.

Chips
10-17-2006, 11:46 PM
That's a Cardinals Winner.

ode to veeck
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
:manos

"With my many years of successful Cub killings on the south side, wiping out a bunch of Kittens ought to be easy! @()*&$#@^*%@ pesky Cards!"

Baby Fisk
10-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Mr. Met gets a new look:

http://myspace-877.vo.llnwd.net/00529/77/82/529582877_m.jpg
"This team is toast!"

CaptainBallz
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Mr. Met gets a new look:

"This team is toast!"

I was overjoyed to actually witness real live disappointment from a couple that were either A) actual Mets fans or B) Cubs fans rooting against St. Louis.

Let's wrap this one up Cards so you can get spanked by Detroit...

kevingrt
10-18-2006, 12:31 PM
It's so depressing living in Columbia, MO and rooming with two Cardinals fans. I'm happy for them but that excitement that I had last year is just not in me for these playoffs. I try to get excited for the Cards because I want them to beat the Mets but when my team (the White Sox) is in the playoffs my heart goes off the charts. It's just incredible. I wish we could do that again.

But I am happy for Cards fans hopefully they can pull out a win tonight and then proceed to probably get swept by the Tiggers.

TDog
10-18-2006, 05:55 PM
I was overjoyed to actually witness real live disappointment from a couple that were either A) actual Mets fans or B) Cubs fans rooting against St. Louis.

Let's wrap this one up Cards so you can get spanked by Detroit...

Who is Ron Santo rooting for? His hatred of the Mets is well documented.

I honestly believe the Cardinals can make it an interesting World Series against the Tigers Verlander is a better pitcher if he has at least a week between starts, but St. Louis may surprise people at the end.

First the Cardinals have to beet the Mets, though.

Oblong
10-18-2006, 06:01 PM
when did Jeff Weaver become a good pitcher again?

cheeses_h_rice
10-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Maine has really been walking a tightrope tonight. He's had bases loaded and now 2 men on before getting out of it.

Still 1-0 Metropolitans, though.

TDog
10-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Maine has really been walking a tightrope tonight. He's had bases loaded and now 2 men on before getting out of it.

Still 1-0 Metropolitans, though.

After 3 innings, this is the first post on a huge baseball game. The A's and Tigers would have put up 30 or 40 by now. I wonder if the World Series will show as much interest with no Frank Thomas exploits to kick around anymore.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Mr. Met gets a new look:

"This team is toast!"

Love the pessimism. Each time you come up with one of these posts the Mets reel off a three or four wins in a row. :cool:

zmz723
10-18-2006, 09:40 PM
when did Jeff Weaver become a good pitcher again?

Since he went to the National League

cheeses_h_rice
10-18-2006, 10:40 PM
And Lo Duca puts another nail into the Cardinals' coffin this game, with a 2-out, 2 RBI single. 4-0 Mets in the 7th.

I think we're going to Game 7, ladies and gents.

MUsoxfan
10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
To me, this can only be bad news for the Tigers and I don't like it

Myrtle72
10-18-2006, 11:10 PM
So, I don't care too much about who wins the NLCS, but it's the top of the 9th, no outs, and guys on 2nd and 3rd. I sure would like to see an exciting game, so, rally time! :gulp:

Chips
10-18-2006, 11:16 PM
And Lo Duca puts another nail into the Cardinals' coffin this game, with a 2-out, 2 RBI single. 4-0 Mets in the 7th.

I think we're going to Game 7, ladies and gents.

Damn, you were right.

cheeses_h_rice
10-18-2006, 11:16 PM
So Taguchi continues his postseason excellence and almost extends the game, but Wagner pulls it out. 4-2 Mets.

kevingrt
10-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Damn has Billy Wagner been scary to watch for Mets fans. He conjures a lot of images of Billy Koch in my mind. I have no clue that's just what I think.

Kub_Killer_15
Well the good news is that there will be a game 7 tomorrow so they will come out fighting to the death:redneck

MUsoxfan
So Taguchi continues his postseason excellence and almost extends the game, but Wagner pulls it out. 4-2 Mets.

I want a really undesirable WS for Fox. The Mets are NOT the answer:angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Oliver Perez for Game 7. :o:

The Mets will pull it out and they will fare much better against Detroit than the media and most here think. They have superior hitting and their bullpen matches up.

Start spreading the news....

Chips
10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I want a really undesirable WS for Fox. The Mets are NOT the answer:angry:

I don't see how a Cardinals-Tigers series would be undesirable.

Kub_Killer_15
10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Fox is playing the intro song they play at the cell before every home game.

kevingrt
10-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Fox is playing the intro song they play at the cell before every home game.

Wasn't that cool to hear but depressing at the same time. I thought so.

MUsoxfan
10-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't see how a Cardinals-Tigers series would be undesirable.

To fans of baseball it's a great series. To media executives it's a battle between two midwest teams that aren't in the Top 5 markets

Myrtle72
10-19-2006, 12:53 AM
To fans of baseball it's a great series. To media executives it's a battle between two midwest teams that aren't in the Top 5 markets

I don't care. They'll get over it.

MUsoxfan
10-19-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't care. They'll get over it.

I love it. I hope next year it's the Brewers and the Royals:redneck (if not the Sox)

cbotnyse
10-19-2006, 08:24 PM
game 7 anyone? yeah i dont really care either.

Chips
10-19-2006, 08:25 PM

Go Cardinals.

RadioheadRocks
10-19-2006, 08:27 PM

I've stuck by the Mets since the playoffs began; I'm not backing down now.

RadioheadRocks
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
1-1 tie, bottom 2... looks to be a good one!

TDog
10-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Oliver Perez for Game 7. :o:

The Mets will pull it out and they will fare much better against Detroit than the media and most here think. They have superior hitting and their bullpen matches up.

Start spreading the news....

When I think Game 7 and the Cardinals franchise, I'm not exactly thinking Jeff Suppan. If I were watching the game tonight, I would love to be watching it with Bob Gibson, who started three Game 7s for the Cardinals.

My personal preference is to keep New York out of the World Series, but neither offense seems to be feasting on tonight's pitching.

cheeses_h_rice
10-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Go Cardinal$.

Fixed your post.

:)

cbotnyse
10-19-2006, 10:05 PM
I just witnessed the catch of the year. :)

cheeses_h_rice
10-19-2006, 10:05 PM
ENDY CHAVEZ WITH THE CATCH OF THE YEAR!!!
Mercy!

oeo
10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Niiiice catch. Wow.

And Edmonds, were you paying attention?

Oblong
10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I think that's the best defensive play I've seen in the playoffs ever.

cbotnyse
10-19-2006, 10:07 PM
I think that's the best defensive play I've seen in the playoffs ever.thats gonna be talked about for awhile I think.

rookie
10-19-2006, 10:07 PM
That was so AWESOME! I can't believe he caught that!

oeo
10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
I think that's the best defensive play I've seen in the playoffs ever.

Ehem...I disagree...

http://www.prosportspictures.com/images/mlb/chicago-white-sox/2005/05-world-series-game4-juan-uribe.jpg

:D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Just in terms of when that catch happened in this series and this particular game, that was the best ****ing postseason catch I've seen in years.

cbotnyse
Ehem...I disagree...

http://www.prosportspictures.com/images/mlb/chicago-white-sox/2005/05-world-series-game4-juan-uribe.jpg

:D::nod: :yup: :nod: :yup:

RadioheadRocks
ENDY CHAVEZ WITH THE CATCH OF THE YEAR!!!
Mercy!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Frankfan4life
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
UNBELIEVABLE CATCH! Everytime I look at it, I can hardly believe Chavez actually did that. Super-human!

Brian26
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Just in terms of when that catch happened in this series and this particular game, that was the best ****ing postseason catch I've seen in years.

Yeah, that was incredible. Chavez is impressing the hell out of me.

kevingrt
10-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Probably BEST game 7 catch EVER!!! Unbelieveable

Hendu
10-19-2006, 10:13 PM
And that display af larceny couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Karma, Mr Rolen!!

Edit: Ha, and nice throw Scott.

Frankfan4life
10-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Probably BEST game 7 catch EVER!!! UnbelieveableChavez's catch has got to be in the top 10 of the greatest catches ever. Incredible!

cheeses_h_rice
Wow, HUGE throwing error by Rolen there.

Mets threatening, men on 2nd and 3rd and only 1 out.

kevingrt
My Cardinals roommate said Rolen should have never started, and now after that error I think he just put a HUGE whole in his wall.

The Dude
10-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Easily the defensive gem of the postseason!

Well one would've thought that catch would've sparked something in em' but these Mets look dead.
Hopefully they can hold STL now and walk off in the 9th.:praying:

oeo
10-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Yadi...YEEEESS!!

Get Wainwright up.

batmanZoSo
10-19-2006, 11:21 PM
A dagger.

:bandance:

thomas35forever
Molina baby! He just sucked the life out of the Shea Stadium crowd!

cheeses_h_rice
Good night, Gracie.

Yadier Molina is the NLCS hero for the Cards.

:chunks:

The Dude
****ing mother****ing bull****!

TDog
There go the World Series ratings.

Frankfan4life
10-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Well, folks, it looks like the Tiggers are going to play the Cards.

jenn2080
****ing mother****ing bull****! **** you Wagner!

That sounds about right. Those were about my exact words.

chisoxmike
**** YOU NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

:rolling:

oeo

That's not Wagner...it's the great Heilman. Not like it matters, though, Wagner would have done the same thing.

batmanZoSo
10-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I can't believe there are people rooting for the Mets here.

jenn2080
NY needs to stop ****ing pouting and start cheering on their team.

Frankfan4life
The Mets will win with an ex-White Sox delivering the game-winning shot.That would be sweet, but I can't see that happening. These are two really inept teams.

Chisox003
Wait...why are some of you pulling for the Mets again? :?:

cheeses_h_rice

Billy Wagner didn't give up that 2-run meatball. Aaron Heilman did.

Frankfan4life
10-19-2006, 11:24 PM
I can't believe there are people rooting for the Mets here.Believe it! :redface:

chisoxmike
10-19-2006, 11:24 PM

I don't get it either. **** New York!

getonbckthr
10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
we are about to see the worst world series team ever

Chisox003
10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Ya, I thought 99% of Sox fans would be on the Cards wagon.

Guess not.

dickallen15
10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Fox execs must be crying now. St. Louis vs. Detroit doesn't have much national intrique.

getonbckthr

chisoxmike

As long as the Tigers don't win I'm :D: :bandance:

Chisox003

Guess not.

cheeses_h_rice

Meh. For me it's a combination of rooting for one of my best friend's favorite teams plus ex-White Sox like Manos, El Duque and Roberto Hernandez. Also, the Cards had their chance 2 years ago and completely ****ing sucked against the hated BoSox; the Mets haven't been to the Series in several years, and it's not like they're a perennial postseason team like the Cards are.

I just don't think either team is looking ready to give the Tigers fits. I'd be surprised if the World Series goes more than 5 games.

chisoxmike
10-19-2006, 11:27 PM

As long as the Tigers don't win I'm :D: :bandance:

thomas35forever
10-19-2006, 11:28 PM

Guess not.
I did.

Frankfan4life
10-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Wait...why are some of you pulling for the Mets again? :?:I have nothing against the Cards and I don't have any animosity toward the Mets. To me the Mets are the "White Sox" of NY. The Mets winning would be another blow to Yankmee fans and Steinbrenner. I also wanted to see the "best" NL team (or the NL team with the best record) play Detroit.

cheeses_h_rice
10-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Manos gets the party started in the bottom of the 9th.

2 men on, 0 outs.

oeo
10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
HE GONE!

1 down.

jenn2080
10-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I hope the Cards blow this. Looks like it is really not going to happen. God the Cards are going to get killed in the WS. :rolling:

Frankfan4life
10-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I have nothing against the Cards and I don't have any animosity toward the Mets. To me the Mets are the "White Sox" of NY. The Mets winning would be another blow to Yankmee fans and Steinbrenner. I also wanted to see the "best" NL team (or the NL team with the best record) play Detroit because I'm also rooting against Detroit.

I was having some trouble posting. I hope this isn't a double post.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Bases loaded for Beltran in the 9th

thomas35forever
10-19-2006, 11:41 PM
This is the season right here.

Viva Medias B's
10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
C'mon Birds!!!!

Viva Medias B's
10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
TLR looks petrified in the dugout.