PDA

View Full Version : This Date In Sox History 10-9

Lip Man 1
10-08-2006, 02:07 PM
October 9, 1919 - The Sox unexpectedly lose the World Series to the Cincinnati Reds five games to three. Sox fans, reporters and some players are totally shocked over the way some games were lost. The questions surrounding this series, one of the greatest upsets in baseball history would linger for a year before exploding into the ‘Black Sox’ scandal.

October 9, 1993 - The ‘hope’ that Sox fans were given in Game #3, turns into a roaring fire as the Sox win again in Game #4 of the A.L.C.S. 7 - 4 to tie things up at two games each with Toronto. Tim Belcher who was acquired in a July trade, gets the win in relief of Jason Bere. Unfortunately this is the last great moment for the "good guys who wear black" as Toronto closes out the series winning Game #5 in Toronto and Game #6 at Comiskey Park. A few years later Toronto manager Cito Gaston revealed that the Jays knew exactly what pitches were coming from both Sox aces Jack McDowell and Alex Fernandez something the Sox coaching staff never picked up on. In fact Toronto beat those pitchers four times while losing all the other games.(Jack McDowell discussed if Toronto was stealing signs or if he was tipping his pitches in his interview with White Sox Interactive.)

Lip

batmanZoSo
10-08-2006, 02:39 PM
That was a damn World Series team...felled by tippping pitches. :(::angry:

Baby Fisk
10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Also on Oct 9, the 1906 World Series began. Chicago White Stockings vs. Chicago Cubs. Watch for Totally Biased Game Recaps starting tomorrow. I've been slaving for months. Months! :cool:

TornLabrum
10-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Also on Oct 9, the 1906 World Series began. Chicago White Stockings vs. Chicago Cubs. Watch for Totally Biased Game Recaps starting tomorrow. I've been slaving for months. Months! :cool:

They weren't called the White Stockings after 1902.

batmanZoSo
10-08-2006, 04:36 PM

You're writing retroactive TBGR's for the L series? :wired: