PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Cubs fan relationships

paciorek1983
10-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Anyone in a relationship with a Cubs fan? I'm a single guy still in search of his soul mate and I've been trying the online dating thing. I've been communicating with someone online, but she's a Cubs fan, and she lives on the north side. I guess I don't want to go any further because of those two factors. Am I crazy?

voodoochile
10-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Anyone in a relationship with a Cubs fan? I'm a single guy still in search of his soul mate and I've been trying the online dating thing. I've been communicating with someone online, but she's a Cubs fan, and she lives on the north side. I guess I don't want to go any further because of those two factors. Am I crazy?

Yes...

Look at the bright side, at least she likes sports (well in theory).

cheezheadsoxfan
10-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes...

Look at the bright side, at least she likes sports (well in theory).

"laff"

cbotnyse
10-08-2006, 10:44 AM
you could always be a shoulder to cry on every year. :whiner:

MarySwiss
10-08-2006, 10:50 AM

you could always be a shoulder to cry on every year.
I'm married to one. We just celebrated our 31st anniversary. It's never been dull. :D:

And that "shoulder to cry on" thing depends on your soul mate's temperament. When the Cubs start their annual collapse, I spend most of my time trying to convince our two dogs that "daddy" isn't screaming at them.

The Critic
10-08-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm married 14 years to a Cub fan, my cousin (Cub fan) is married to a Sox fan, my best friend at work (Cub fan) is dating a Sox fan, all with no negative consequences.
My wife watched every out of the 2005 Series with me, and was genuinely happy for the Sox.
I watched the 2003 NLCS with her, even though it really looked like "they" would get to the Series before "us", and I felt genuinely bad for her and my Cub fan friends when the Cubs collapsed.

I think it's stupid to walk away from someone who's otherwise good for you just because of what sports team they root for.

Gregory Pratt
10-08-2006, 11:27 AM

I've dated more Cub fans than Sox fans and more Republicans than Democrats, oddly enough, even though I'm a Sox fan and a Democrat. I've never had trouble accepting opposing views or listening to someone else, though.

But, I will say this: if you like this girl, and, uh, cut it off because she's a Cub fan, something's seriously wrong with you. It's, just silly, and it's not like you're thirteen anymore.

I'm married 14 years to a Cub fan, my cousin (Cub fan) is married to a Sox fan, my best friend at work (Cub fan) is dating a Sox fan, all with no negative consequences.
My wife watched every out of the 2005 Series with me, and was genuinely happy for the Sox.
I watched the 2003 NLCS with her, even though it really looked like "they" would get to the Series before "us", and I felt genuinely bad for her and my Cub fan friends when the Cubs collapsed.

I think it's stupid to walk away from someone who's otherwise good for you just because of what sports team they root for.

Right on.

TheDarkGundam
10-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I've got a major thing for a Cub fan I worked with over the summer, and I think one of the reasons I like her so much is because she's a cub fan. She's just as diehard as I am, and I think that's awesome.
I'm just trying to work up the nerve to tell her I like her. :redface:

Gregory Pratt
10-08-2006, 11:58 AM
I've got a major thing for a Cub fan I worked with over the summer, and I think one of the reasons I like her so much is because she's a cub fan. She's just as diehard as I am, and I think that's awesome.

You should get to telling her sooner rather than later before someone else scoops her up.

Oh, if there's one thing I hate it's being late on asking a girl out.

Myrtle72
10-08-2006, 12:48 PM
I think having opposing views on things like this make relationships more fun. :D:

Most of my friends growing up were Cubs fans and most of the people in my family are Cubs fans, besides my dad. It's fun arguing with them about it. Plus, my fiance is a hardcore Orioles fan. While there isn't that diehard rivalry between the O's and the Sox the way there is between the Sox and the Cubs, I have lots of fun competing with him.

Justagirl
10-08-2006, 12:56 PM

Personally, I think that's a ridiculous reason to question a potential relationship. Id much rather be happy in love with a Cub fan than to *settle* for a mundane relationship with a Sox fan. As someone already stated..it could be worse and she could hate baseball altogether! Relationships can be very trying, no matter how happy you are together..and trust, your indifferences will be much greater than which baseball team you pull for. Either way, good luck with finding your soul mate! :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
10-08-2006, 02:49 PM

:crossdresser

Is this the girl?

DumpJerry
10-08-2006, 03:19 PM
This is a tough call, not an easy one like some on here are saying.

How important is being a Sox fan to you? Are you like they guy in "Fever Pitch" is for the Red Sox? If so, this could be a problem since she will not be able to get as excited as you do for The Good Guys. Also, if you're adverse to going to The Urinal, how can you make her go to Sox games with you and not be expected to reciprocate?

Also, what kind of Cub fan is she? Is she one of the dozen or so who can name 95% of the 25 man roster or is she among the 98% of them who can recite how many beers she had at the last game? If she is the former, look out, the latter, she'll change her socks real easily.

samram
10-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Correct. There's a hell of a lot more to a relationship than team allegiance. If nothing else, she'll understand why people follow teams and watch every game.

MarySwiss
10-08-2006, 04:22 PM
This is a tough call, not an easy one like some on here are saying.

How important is being a Sox fan to you? Are you like they guy in "Fever Pitch" is for the Red Sox? If so, this could be a problem since she will not be able to get as excited as you do for The Good Guys. Also, if you're adverse to going to The Urinal, how can you make her go to Sox games with you and not be expected to reciprocate?

Also, what kind of Cub fan is she? Is she one of the dozen or so who can name 95% of the 25 man roster or is she among the 98% of them who can recite how many beers she had at the last game? If she is the former, look out, the latter, she'll change her socks real easily.

As usual, you make some good points. However, the fact that she won't get as excited as he does about the Sox only matters if he CARES whether she does or not. If not, there's no problem. And if he doesn't want to go to the Urinal, why make her go to Sox games? Compromise is the way to go there. (I never made the Mr. go to Sox games with me; he either went or he didn't. Up to him completely. I went when I wanted to, regardless. My solo trip back to Chicago for COTC II is proof.)

Your second paragraph goes without saying.

jenn2080
10-08-2006, 04:25 PM
My brother broke up with a girl during the World Series last year when she rooted for the Stros in game 3(they were watching together). He got up and walked out.

Just a month or so ago, my brother was on a date. They arrived early so they sat in the car for a few minutes and listened to the Sox. Our bullpen blew the lead once again and my brother was no happy. The girl responded whats wrong it is just a game. That was the last date they went on.

StillMissOzzie
10-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I married a Cub fan, and I sucessfully converted her from the dark side. It's not like she was that big a Cubs fan, baseball fan or even a sports fan in general, but I took some pride in overcoming at least two generations of child abuse.

SMO
:D:

TornLabrum
10-08-2006, 05:43 PM
My brother broke up with a girl during the World Series last year when she rooted for the Stros in game 3(they were watching together). He got up and walked out.

Just a month or so ago, my brother was on a date. They arrived early so they sat in the car for a few minutes and listened to the Sox. Our bullpen blew the lead once again and my brother was no happy. The girl responded whats wrong it is just a game. That was the last date they went on.

He was right in the first case. You don't openly root against the team of someone you love. In the second case if that was the only reason, he was wrong. This is the kind of situation that offers an educational opportunity, kind of like Pygmalion.

And if you get right down to it, she is technically right. It really is only a game. Your brother has all the earmarks of becoming another Paul LaGesse. He's the guy who lived next door to us when I was a kid. If the Sox lost, nobody in his family dared talk to him until at least the next morning (and they played mostly day games back then).

SOXintheBURGH
10-08-2006, 05:48 PM
My girlfriend is not only a Yankee apologist, she's also a Barroid apologist. I still keep her around.

Justagirl
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
I took some pride in overcoming at least two generations of child abuse.

lol
Someone should have alerted children services on my family. Both of my parents were cub fans and went as far as taking pictures of me in cub pajamas (which my mother still proudly displays in a picture frame).

gf2020
10-08-2006, 06:07 PM

Does your brother have a sister?

Myrtle72
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM

Hahahaha, that's awesome.

batmanZoSo
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
My girlfriend is not only a Yankee apologist, she's also a Barroid apologist. I still keep her around.

I bet she's also an FOBB for the trifecta. You're a better man than me, Gunga Din.

I want Mags back
10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
my mom is/kinda was a cubs fan. dad is a sox fan, but mainly because of me, and my mom has about 90% converted over, also because of my hard work

ws05champs
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM

It depends on how serious of a fan you both are and your senses of humor. jenn2080's post shows one example of that. My wife is extremely serious about the Sox. When someone asks her "What if Mr. ws05champs was a Cubs fan?" she coldly looks at them and says "We wouldn't be married." And I believe her. We often joke that if I get so old I will be in diapers in a nursing home, all I have to do is put on a Cubs hat and she will shoot me.

With both of us being Sox fans, there was no debate about spending a small fortune on StubHub for post season tickets last year. And it was fantastic experiencing the World Series together.

If both of you have a more appropriate perspective on the importance of sports go for it. If one or both of you are more fanatical, you might be better off looking for someone who is compatible sportswise.

That said, my wife has always been a Bears fan. When we met, I was a Packers fan (I have since converted). That was not important enough to her to keep us apart.

Hitmen77
10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
lol
Someone should have alerted children services on my family. Both of my parents were cub fans and went as far as taking pictures of me in cub pajamas (which my mother still proudly displays in a picture frame).

So, how did you escape the evil clutches of Cubdumb and become a Sox fan? Just curious.

gaelhound
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Anyone in a relationship with a Cubs fan? I'm a single guy still in search of his soul mate and I've been trying the online dating thing. I've been communicating with someone online, but she's a Cubs fan, and she lives on the north side. I guess I don't want to go any further because of those two factors. Am I crazy?Court her,win her,marry her,fertilize her, and raise the kids right!:D:

shoelessshaun27!
10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Sox fans should only date Sox fans. Unless they are drop dead gorgeous. MAN LAW!

Gregory Pratt
10-08-2006, 11:14 PM

Your brother sounds a little disproportionate but I guess the term should be passionate!

JB98
10-08-2006, 11:51 PM

Yes, you're crazy. You're a dude, and you believe in soul mates. :D:

The Cubs fan thing is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned, but you shouldn't take relationship advice from sworn bachelors (like me). :cool:

Beer Can Chicken
10-09-2006, 08:57 AM

Who cares if she's a Cub fan? At least you'll have something to bicker about.

You should come to the northside, if you're single I don't see why you'd be anywhere else.

rdwj
10-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I converted my wife and she's actually a good fan - knows all the players, rules and all that good stuff. She was one of those fans that liked the Cubs, but didn't hate the Sox. Now she's all about the Good Guys. I used to joke with her that her conversion to my (baseball) religion was a requirement before we were engaged. Little by little, she flipped.

Her father isn't happy about it, but he's more of a football guy anyway.

cleanwsox
10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
My girlfriend likes the Cubs over the Sox but after dragging her to about 6 Sox games this year she knows more about the Sox players than Cubs players. Although, I did have to sit through a Cubs vs. Twins game. :(: Gross.

AZChiSoxFan
10-09-2006, 11:52 AM

CLASSIC!! I love it!

AZChiSoxFan
10-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Paul LaGesse. He's the guy who lived next door to us when I was a kid. If the Sox lost, nobody in his family dared talk to him until at least the next morning (and they played mostly day games back then).

I love that story.

FielderJones
10-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I married a Cub fan, and I successfully converted her from the dark side.

Same thing here. The crazy thing was, her parents were from Back of the Yards (same as mine), and she grew up in Bridgeport. Her father was a fan of both teams but favored the evil northsiders more.

After last year, she really likes the Sox more than the Cubs and likes going to the Cell more than the Urinal. Her younger sister calls her a traitor. :tongue:

So, it can be done. Don't count someone out by the team they currently cheer for.

Scottzilla
10-09-2006, 12:56 PM
That said, my wife has always been a Bears fan. When we met, I was a Packers fan (I have since converted). That was not important enough to her to keep us apart.

Bears/Packers is not the same. I'd say most Bears fans at least have some respect for the packers and their fans. How many of us can say that about the cubs?
And as another post pointed out - if she's a diehard cubs fan it's one thing, but the majority are not cubs fans, so much as wrigley is their favorite bar.

10-09-2006, 03:24 PM
She's not a Packer Fan is she? If not, then go for it!

Tekijawa
10-09-2006, 04:21 PM
http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/1304243869 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMidMvSpFgSEAdciJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBkN2lwNjl jBHBvcwMxOARzZWMDc3I-/SIG=1gbc6ribg/EXP=1160515276/**http%3a//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view%3fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253F_adv_prop%253Dimage s%2526imgsz%253D%2526imgc%253D%2526vf%253D%2526va% 253Dyin%252Byang%2526fr%253Dslv8-bkt1%2526ei%253DUTF-8%26w=576%26h=576%26imgurl=www.peaceful-spirit.org%252Fimages%252Fyin-yang1.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fpeaceful-spirit.org%252Fdown.html%26size=19.3kB%26name=yin-yang1.jpg%26p=yin%2byang%26type=jpeg%26no=18%26tt= 64,321%26oid=7e7799fa121e615a%26ei=UTF-8)

tony1972
10-09-2006, 05:39 PM
My dad is originally from New York and moved to Chicago in the 1960's so he is a die-hard Yankees fan. My mom grew up on the South Side so she is a Sox fan. My sister and I are Sox fans. My brother went to DePaul and became a Cubs fan. His wife went to UIC and is a Sox fan. My sister's husband is a Cubs fan and my ex-wife was a Cubs fan also. So there is a lot of nice fighting and arguing amongst my family during the summer months (but most of it is harmless)...

I will say one thing though..the Cubs fans in my family were much nicer when the Sox were in the playoffs and won the World Series last year. My brother and my brother in laws were happy for us. Admittedly, we were not so happy when the Cubs were in it in 2003...(but they were also unbearable at the time and would not shut up about the Cubs during that period)...

Realist
10-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I've dated a few Cubs fans. I highly recommend it. A little "angry loving" helps to blow the carbon out and keep the motor purring like a kitten. :smile:

gbergman
10-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I've dated a few Cubs fans. I highly recommend it. A little "angry loving" helps to blow the carbon out and keep the motor purring like a kitten. :smile:

I like your style!:thumbsup: :cheers:

gbergman
10-09-2006, 07:03 PM

TDG I thought your plan was to star in the 40 year old virgin as an actual 40 year old virgin :D:

TheDarkGundam
10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
TDG I thought your plan was to star in the 40 year old virgin as an actual 40 year old virgin :D:
I'd come up with a witty comeback, but instead I'll just tell you that she turned me down and now you'll feel like an ass.
HA!
Wait...:(:

Joosh
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
I'd come up with a witty comeback, but instead I'll jsut tell you that she turned me down and now you'll feel like an ass.
HA!

I guess this thread was bad timing.

gbergman
10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I'd come up with a witty comeback, but instead I'll jsut tell you that she turned me down and now you'll feel like an ass.
HA!

I'm sorry TDG! Plenty of fish in the see. Plus you can use the sympathy move on chicks now:D: . Worked with an ex's best friend.

fusillirob1983
10-10-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm sorry TDG! Plenty of fish in the see. Plus you can use the sympathy move on chicks now:D: . Worked with an ex's best friend.

I don't know anyone that's had the sympathy move work.

Beer Can Chicken
10-10-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't know anyone that's had the sympathy move work.

When I broke up with my girlfriend, she took the dog. It's a sympathy story for the ages!

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 08:25 AM
It depends on how serious of a fan you both are and your senses of humor. jenn2080's post shows one example of that. My wife is extremely serious about the Sox. When someone asks her "What if Mr. ws05champs was a Cubs fan?" she coldly looks at them and says "We wouldn't be married." And I believe her. We often joke that if I get so old I will be in diapers in a nursing home, all I have to do is put on a Cubs hat and she will shoot me.

With both of us being Sox fans, there was no debate about spending a small fortune on StubHub for post season tickets last year. And it was fantastic experiencing the World Series together.

If both of you have a more appropriate perspective on the importance of sports go for it. If one or both of you are more fanatical, you might be better off looking for someone who is compatible sportswise.

There is nothing more annoying then someone who does not understand someones passion for a sport. It is not just a game and they will never understand.

Your brother sounds a little disproportionate but I guess the term should be passionate!

My brother is 19. He was not looking for long term soul mate. He is not disproportionate. He could have cared less about that girl, but that was not the way for her to start off a first date.

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 08:41 AM
The only people (of the opposite sex) that I've NEVER EVER gotten along with, are female cub fans, and female cubbie sympathizers. Dont waste your time. There are a number of intelligent drama-free females out there
who will appreciate you for you

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Anyone remember that cub exhibition game, where Frank Thomas smoked the double into the gap and we won in the 9th after being down all game? I was dating a cub fan at the time ...... we never talked again after that.

itsnotrequired
10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Anyone remember that cub exhibition game, where Frank Thomas smoked the double into the gap and we won in the 9th after being down all game? I was dating a cub fan at the time ...... we never talked again after that.

Was this (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3463/dsc00764small4gi.jpg) the same girl?

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 09:23 AM
The only people (of the opposite sex) that I've NEVER EVER gotten along with, are female cub fans, and female cubbie sympathizers. Dont waste your time. There are a number of intelligent drama-free females out there

That does not make them unintelligent.

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Was this (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3463/dsc00764small4gi.jpg) the same girl?

Heh Heh, that chick was low-brow big time. She got mad when I asked where her Trophy was

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 09:26 AM
There is nothing more annoying then someone who does not understand someones passion for a sport. It is not just a game and they will never understand.

Its totally funny you should be saying that

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 09:27 AM
That does not make them unintelligent.

Hmm. you obviously havnt been to wrigley field in the last decade .....

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Its totally funny you should be saying that

How do you figure? Because I do not hate the Cubs with every ounce of my life?

AuroraSoxFan
10-10-2006, 09:39 AM
ATTN: Paciorek and Dark Gundam. you boys best get crackin'. If you're into someone who the hell cares which team they pull for? Gives you something to talk about if anything. I'd say to get a move on or you may end up kicking yourselves. Not worth tanking something that may have some promise over baseball loyalties.

Incentive: You can set goals to see which of you can get the girls converted into SOX fans the fastest.

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 09:39 AM
How do you figure? Because I do not hate the Cubs with every ounce of my life I do not love the Cubs?

No, because you've come down big-time on quite the regular basis, on those of us who do not like that team and their fanbase. I dont attend games over there regularly, so you dont see me making fun of those of you who do. Because we dont like a certain team and their fanbase, doesnt make us less of a Sox fan. A Sox fans passion, is nothing to make fun of.

Jerko
10-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Hangar doesn't like drama???? :o: He made national headlines out of getting banned.................:o::o:

jenn2080
10-10-2006, 09:44 AM
No, because you've come down big-time on quite the regular basis, on those of us who do not like that team and their fanbase. I dont attend games over there regularly, so you dont see me making fun of those of you who do. Because we dont like a certain team and their fanbase, doesnt make us less of a Sox fan. A Sox fans passion, is nothing to make fun of.

And that we can agree on. There is nothing wrong with hating another team, but yes I have come down on the people who feel the need to obsess over a team that is completely irrelivant. Passion for the Sox does not mean there needs to be ignorance toward people for NO reason who are Cubs fans.

Hangar18
10-10-2006, 09:59 AM
And that we can agree on. There is nothing wrong with hating another team, but yes I have come down on the people who feel the need to obsess over a team that is completely irrelivant. Passion for the Sox does not mean there needs to be ignorance toward people for NO reason who are Cubs fans.

Ok fair enough. But that also means, if a group of sox fans are watching the other teams highlites (read: lowlites), and begin to laugh derisively, that also doesnt make them bad sox fans. And If I wear that Tshirt, the one with the WS ring on a finger and says "hey cub fans", that doesnt make me or anyone else "obsessed" sox fans. And that means no more name-calling and personal attacks. very unbecoming for those of us who have been long long long-time fans and live and die with the team.

vegyrex
10-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I don't date cub fans.:wink:

vegyrex
10-10-2006, 07:52 PM

And that's why I don't date cub fans.

How classy. :rolleyes:

JB98
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM

I can introduce you to some intelligent drama queens. :rolleyes:

TornLabrum
10-10-2006, 10:20 PM

Actually it is just a game. It is a diversion. I'd say that on a scale of 1-10, that life and death issues such as war and peace, crime, etc. would rate the ten, as would my family and my job. The team I root for ranks about a 1. I certainly hope I have more passion for my wife than the team I root for, and vice versa.

I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being a lukewarm Sox fan. I'm about as passionate as you can get. (Otherwise why the hell would I spend all the time I do here and why would I spend all the time I do writing about them every week?) And to me it is just a game. It's a diversion. If it ever becomes anymore than that to me, I really do want somebody to refer me to a shrink for help.

Oh, and while I'm at it: This is starting to turn into a flubsession thread. Knock it off.

Chips
10-10-2006, 10:29 PM
And that's why I don't date cub fans.

How classy. :rolleyes:

Because Sox fans have never flipped anyone off. :rolleyes: *****

Torn is right, who cares what team your significant other roots for.

Iguana775
10-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I married one. But she's a casual as they come. lol. But I'm making sure my daughter is a Sox fan...and Bears. :)

Iguana775
10-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Actually it is just a game. It is a diversion. I'd say that on a scale of 1-10, that life and death issues such as war and peace, crime, etc. would rate the ten, as would my family and my job. The team I root for ranks about a 1. I certainly hope I have more passion for my wife than the team I root for, and vice versa.

I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being a lukewarm Sox fan. I'm about as passionate as you can get. (Otherwise why the hell would I spend all the time I do here and why would I spend all the time I do writing about them every week?) And to me it is just a game. It's a diversion. If it ever becomes anymore than that to me, I really do want somebody to refer me to a shrink for help.

Oh, and while I'm at it: This is starting to turn into a flubsession thread. Knock it off.

Agree 100%, Torn.

AnkleSox
10-12-2006, 02:54 PM
I've dated a lot of Cubs fans. None of them ever knew enough about baseball to really piss me off that much. However, none of them ever worked out either. That might just be me though :cool:

minutia
10-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't date Cubs fans either. On my myspace page I plainly state that I am a die hard Sox fan and that if you are a Cubs fan I don't see us getting along, it is not personal but I just don't like the Cubs. I had something similar on my profile on lava life and match.com. I have had some of the best debates and conversations because I was so frank.

ChiSox Fan 68
10-12-2006, 09:09 PM
I would never say you shouldn't date a Cub fan. But I have to admit, being married to a die-hard Sox fan, like me, is awesome. Especially last year. Experiencing the post season together was incredible. We ponied up about a month's mortgage to go to World Series Game One and it was worth every penny. Thank goodness that he felt the same way. We have a great picture of us the night the Sox won the World Series. We have the biggest smiles on our faces and tears in our eyes - we look so genuinely happy - it summed up all the feelings I experienced with him last October. And the ticker tape parade - same thing, we were in Heaven. And our Sox basement? Unless he was a crazy Sox fan like me, I don't think I'd be sitting here in a wall to wall Sox room, with a Mark Buehrle Wheaties Box on our mantle and a foam "He Gone" finger sitting in a green Old Comiskey chair in the corner.

But, with all that being said...you should still date that Cub fan gal. If she ends up making you really happy, really...that's all that matters!

ajismyhero
10-17-2006, 11:40 AM
I've dated Cubs fan - i've dated Cub season ticket holders. Although it kept things interesting it also sparked some feuds. It just depends on how passionate you are for your team. I took said Cubs fan to a Sox/Cards game thinking that would be a win/win situation and he was honestly the most miserable person I have ever watched a game with. I guess it depends on if you date a "i hate the Sox" Cubs fan, or a "i don't care about the Sox" fan. It's important for me for a sig. other to be happy for me when i'm happy, and i'm happy when the sox win, and if he's miserable when the sox win, then..."HE GONE."

ajismyhero
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74081&page=2&highlight=Blanc-O-Meter

This is "said Cubs fan" that I have dated. No teal. :(: