PDA

View Full Version : Tigers advance to the ALCS

jenn2080
10-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Congratulations to the Tigers advancing to the ALCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRDSR
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
They played an excellent series and certainly deserve to advance.

On a sidenote, their victory celebration going on right now is interesting. They brought a bunch of the champagne out of the clubhouse and were spraying it on the fans. On the one hand I think it's very cool, but on the other they haven't even won a pennant yet. I dunno, I won't be upset to see either of these teams in the series.

jenn2080
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
They played an excellent series and certainly deserve to advance.

On a sidenote, their victory celebration going on right now is interesting. They brought a bunch of the champagne out of the clubhouse and were spraying it on the fans. On the one hand I think it's very cool, but on the other they haven't even won a pennant yet. I dunno, I won't be upset to see either of these teams in the series.

As I said in the other thread if the Sox won anything at home such as the ALDS or ALCS you bet your ass they would have got down that way too. They celebrated their ass off even on the road.

QCIASOXFAN
10-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Go A's :anon:

WSox597
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I'd like to thank the Tigers from saving western civilization from yet another NY-NY World Series. Thank you Detroit. Thank you Jim Leyland.

Now beat the A's for us, so Billy Bean can go away.

southside rocks
10-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I'd like to thank the Tigers from saving western civilization from yet another NY-NY World Series. Thank you Detroit. Thank you Jim Leyland.

Now beat the A's for us, so Billy Bean can go away.

I wholeheartedly concur with both those sentiments.

And the Tigers got some SCARY good pitching in the ALDS. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Rogers, Verlander, Bonderman, Zumaya, and Jones make the Yankees look like the overpaid twits they are.

Jim Leyland is the AL Manager of the Year, IMHO.

Mohoney
10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Losing 5 in a row, losing the division because of it, and dropping Game 1 are firmly in the rear-view mirror now.

The Tigers were absolutely reeling, but they just might have turned it around at exactly the right time, like Boston in 2004 and us in 2005.

CLR01
10-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I was pulling into the grocery store parking lot as the final out was recorded and I quickly jumped out of my car and started puking and then went shopping so I missed most of the celebrating. Someone please tell me that the kittens dropped Leyland on his ass while they were carrying him around like he hit a walkoff in extra innings of game 7 of the World Series.

Looks like I have some eye gouging to do. Does anyone have a spoon I can borrow?

shoelessshaun27!
10-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Not a fan but they deserve it.

Tiger Style
10-07-2006, 11:11 PM
It's grrrrrrrreat to be a tigers fan right now. :Rocker:

DumpJerry
10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
The goofs at ESPN are acting like it's a national trajedy. I guess they think there is no more baseball to cover.

CLR01
10-08-2006, 12:29 AM

Does this look like a Tigers fan site to you? Go celebrate somewhere else.

Madscout
10-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Frankly, I don't know who to root for. I probably will root for the A's cause I know more Tigers fans who will give me ****. But I gotta say that it was nice to see pitching and defense win in a game where the media hypes offense so much.

HotelWhiteSox
10-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Bonderman kind of sounds like Boomhauer

chisoxmike
10-08-2006, 12:51 AM
:dtroll: :dtroll:

:chunks

Kub_Killer_15
10-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Go A's :anon:

I'm with you 100% LETS GO A'S! :anon::anon:

soxfan26
10-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I don't know if this blurb from Rotoworld.com makes me :smile: or :(: but...

...the Tigers won 8-3 on Saturday to move on to the ALCS...

The comparisons to the 2005 White Sox are remarkable. The Tigers were an outstanding first-half team and then thoroughly mediocre through the final two months. Now they're again playing great ball thanks to terrific pitching. Bonderman was remarkably efficient while opening the game with five innings of no-hit ball. There was some speculation that the Tigers could make him available in trade talks this winter as they pursued more offense, but the 23-year-old showed why that wouldn't be such a great idea. After such a sterling performance, the Tigers will probably have to juggle their rotation to give Bonderman the chance to start two games against the A's.

LuvSox
10-08-2006, 01:39 AM

Yeah, NOW is great, isn't it? Where have you people been the last few years?

oeo
10-08-2006, 02:02 AM

Why would you come to a rival's website and say that? Was that the first thing you had to do when they clinched?

I know that I was all over the Tigers board when the Sox won it all last year. They still haven't even won the pennant...it may be a great time to be a Tigers fan now, but after a week of facing real pitching, it might not seem so great.

SABRSox
10-08-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm glad the Tigers beat the Yankees, but I'm rooting for Frank the rest of the way. I think the Tigers go down in 6.

jenn2080
10-08-2006, 03:45 AM

Was Mowtown down or something? Why would you come here to post that?

HotelWhiteSox
10-08-2006, 03:55 AM
How sad, I watched the whole segment of ESPNEWS, one short shot of the Tigers celebrating, but about 4 or 5 pieces on the Yankees failing, ARod, and their interviews for the entire show. Again, my favorite part is how they are all shocked, even though it was evident that Det had the better staff. Also hilarious to hear people act all shocked about Zumaya or a Granderson or Monroe. That's what you get when all media outlets have the east coast bias.

Who cares about the Tigers fan celebrating, this thread was started to congratulate them after all, not like he went in a thread discussing the Sox offseason or reflecting on the past season.

chaerulez
10-08-2006, 04:11 AM
I am so glad I don't have to hear about how great the Yankees are by the national media. Still rooting for the A's for Frank, but Tigers do deserve it if they go all the way too.

CPditka
10-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Has anyone read the report that Joe Torre is getting fired, and they are hiring Lou Pinella?

wow.

goon
10-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Has anyone read the report that Joe Torre is getting fired, and they are hiring Lou Pinella?

wow.

pretty strange, huh? i just wonder what cashman/steinbrenner are going to do with their players. they have some decisions to make and guys like sheffield, rodriguez, etc. could be on different teams in 2007. i also wonder what they are going to do with their pitching. wang seems like the only starter that derserves to come back, maybe johnson too.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I want A's and Cards in the WS.

Best of luck Frank, but I want LaRussa to win another one.

southside rocks
10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
I want A's and Cards in the WS.

Best of luck Frank, but I want LaRussa to win another one.

I want Tigers and Cards. As a Chicagoan, I'm rooting for the Midwest teams (now that the despised Twinkies have been mowed down). I can't cheer for a California team or a New York team.

LaRussa and Leyland -- both good managers, both deserve a lot of respect. That would be a good Series.

I thought Leyland was very classy last night in the Tigers win, and I liked the players carrying him to the dugout on their shoulders. As the ESPN radio analysts were saying, lots of emotion on that Tiger team, and there should be! The Yankees looked like robots -- robots whose batteries had run down. :tongue:

cbotnyse
10-08-2006, 11:06 AM
It's grrrrrrrreat to be a tigers fan right now. :Rocker:are you Tony the Tiger?

Tiger23
10-08-2006, 12:43 PM
MarySwiss: Thanks for the congrats in the series thread. Truly much appreciated. Hopefully both of our teams give is a reason to butt heads again next year.

Jenn2080: Thank you for defending the celebration. I know it's only the ALDS, and I really don't think Leyland should have gotten hoisted, but to see them come out and celebrate with the fans was one of the most awesome things I've ever witnessed. Unfortunately I was stuck in the upper deck and champagne bottles don't spray that far.

Dan the Man
10-08-2006, 01:05 PM

Shouldn't you be celebrating? :dtroll:

WSox597
10-08-2006, 05:49 PM
LaRussa and Leyland -- both good managers, both deserve a lot of respect. That would be a good Series.

I hadn't thought of that angle, good point. That would be a good Series. Anybody but another damn California or east coast team. I hope the Cards beat the Padres and then take out the Mets. Slim hope, probably, the way the Cards have been playing.

It's just SO easy to hate NY.

Hitmen77
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
No World Series again for A-Rod......YESSSS!!!!

davenicholson
10-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Go away. Buy yourself a flack jacket and celebrate in downtown Detriot.