PDA

View Full Version : Karl Ravech is an idiot

chaerulez
10-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Just now I see on BBTN, talking about I-Roid's slide into third, close call and it goes the Tigers way. Ravech says, "Usually close calls go to the Yankees!"

They do?

I'm sure ESPN has messed up your brain to think that everything should be geared towards the Yankees, or you might just be an idiot. Yes, the Yankees have gotten calls. Jeffery Maier comes to mind. But I think the umpires got A-Rod's slap of Arroyo in the 2004 ALCS correctly. Kenny Rogers seemed to get a few close strikes in tonights game. I thought close calls should be going to the Yankees? Tell me Karl, with a $200 million payroll and getting the benefit of the doubt in most close calls, how =have the Yankees not won a World Series since 2000?

MLB should be furious a comment like that was made. That implies that MLB and the umpires go out of their way to favor the Yankees. And that basically says the league is fixed. And I thought Ravech was a clown when he said that Santana was part of the blame of the Game 1 loss despite giving up 2 runs in 7 innings...

StillMissOzzie
10-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Yanks sure got the benefit on the "foul" call on the shot hit by Polanco (?) down the LF line. It clearly hit chalk - glad it didn't cost the Tigers in the end.

SMO
:gulp:

Soxfanspcu11
10-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Just now I see on BBTN, talking about I-Roid's slide into third, close call and it goes the Tigers way. Ravech says, "Usually close calls go to the Yankees!"

They do?

I'm sure ESPN has messed up your brain to think that everything should be geared towards the Yankees, or you might just be an idiot. Yes, the Yankees have gotten calls. Jeffery Maier comes to mind. But I think the umpires got A-Rod's slap of Arroyo in the 2004 ALCS correctly. Kenny Rogers seemed to get a few close strikes in tonights game. I thought close calls should be going to the Yankees? Tell me Karl, with a $200 million payroll and getting the benefit of the doubt in most close calls, how =have the Yankees not won a World Series since 2000?

MLB should be furious a comment like that was made. That implies that MLB and the umpires go out of their way to favor the Yankees. And that basically says the league is fixed. And I thought Ravech was a clown when he said that Santana was part of the blame of the Game 1 loss despite giving up 2 runs in 7 innings...

The Yankees do get the majority of calls. I don't believe that that means that the league is "fixed" however.

Sure, not every call goes in the Yankees favor. Your example of the 2004 ALCS is a good example, however over the course of a 162 game season, every Yankee game that I have caught, they get more favorable calls than any other team that I have seen.