PDA

View Full Version : Thank God Twins didn't sign Thomas

caulfield12
10-06-2006, 09:27 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9710300

That might be too much to take for one season.

Torii Hunter, always with the quotes.

Watch KW goes out and signs him...you never know.

Sox-o-matic
10-06-2006, 09:38 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9710300

That might be too much to take for one season.

Torii Hunter, always with the quotes.

Watch KW goes out and signs him...you never know.

Signs who? Frank or Hunter?

Honestly, Hunter wouldn't surprise me at all. Ozzie & KW love Torii. Ozzie hates BA.

If you're talking about Frank, we won't see him in Sox colors for years. He'll be back though, either when his number is retired or when KW is out as GM, which ever is sooner.

Myrtle72
10-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Frank won't be back as a player. He's old and that's not KW's style. Sure, he's a great player and all, but how many years does he have left in him? Plus, KW isn't willing to pay him as much as he wants. And I have a feeling Franks career will be over before Kenny's will.

Domeshot17
10-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Kenny is more likely to marry Scott Boras then he is to bring back Frank

Frankfan4life
10-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I hate to speculate what would have happened if KW had never traded Rowand for Thome and kept Frank as the DH. It's too painful.

DumpJerry
10-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Frank won't be back as a player. He's old and that's not KW's style. Sure, he's a great player and all, but how many years does he have left in him? Plus, KW isn't willing to pay him as much as he wants. And I have a feeling Franks career will be over before Kenny's will.
I guess you guys did not hear the news today. Before the game, Frank was given a two year extension by the A's.

Myrtle72
10-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I hate to speculate what would have happened if KW had never traded Rowand for Thome and kept Frank as the DH. It's too painful.

Rowand would have broken his foot and we would have been stuck (not sure if that's the right choice of words) with BA in center anyway. And Frank would have had a poor start to his season and he wouldn't have been able to carry the team during the second half.

Obviously, I doubt that things would have been exactly the same for every player involved. But my point is, there is no point in second guessing ourselves, or KW.

chaerulez
10-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Rowand would have broken his foot and we would have been stuck (not sure if that's the right choice of words) with BA in center anyway. And Frank would have had a poor start to his season and he wouldn't have been able to carry the team during the second half.

Obviously, I doubt that things would have been exactly the same for every player involved. But my point is, there is no point in second guessing ourselves, or KW.

I would hope no one questions that trade. It was a good trade for both teams. The Sox didn't lose the division or not make the playoffs because of that trade.

Irishsox1
10-07-2006, 12:06 AM
The problem this year wasn't Frank, Thome, Anderson, Rowand or Torri Hunter. It was Buehrle and Conteras in the second half and the bullpen (not Jenks) all year long.

By the way Frank would have never signed with the Twins because they have astroturf. With Franks bad ankle 82 games wouldn't have worked.

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2006, 12:12 AM
I guess you guys did not hear the news today. Before the game, Frank was given a two year extension by the A's.All I read was that they offered him one. There was nothing about him taking it. I assume that he will, but I think you're jumping the gun unless you saw something I didn't.

Gregory Pratt
10-07-2006, 12:41 AM
The problem this year wasn't Frank, Thome, Anderson, Rowand or Torri Hunter. It was Buehrle and Conteras in the second half and the bullpen (not Jenks) all year long.

By the way Frank would have never signed with the Twins because they have astroturf. With Franks bad ankle 82 games wouldn't have worked.

Jenks deserves blame. He sucked in the second half, especially from late-July on up.

ND_Sox_Fan
10-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Back to the subject of the thread, you are damn right it was a good thing. 19 games against Frank would have been a disaster given the way the first 6 went.

soxinem1
10-07-2006, 11:34 AM

I agree 100%, all of these points are reality.

samram
10-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Well, since Frank's and Thome's numbers are about the same and Rowand isn't very good, I would say the Sox would check in at oh, say, about 90-72.

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, since Frank's and Thome's numbers are about the same and Rowand isn't very good, I would say the Sox would check in at oh, say, about 90-72.

Agreed. I don't understand the Rowand obsession. He's a good player, but there are better CF'ers, even within the AL Central itself. Hunter is a better player than he showed against Oakland, and Granderson seems like he's going to have a nice career. I'd take both of them over Rowand in a heartbeat.

caulfield12
10-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Agreed. I don't understand the Rowand obsession. He's a good player, but there are better CF'ers, even within the AL Central itself. Hunter is a better player than he showed against Oakland, and Granderson seems like he's going to have a nice career. I'd take both of them over Rowand in a heartbeat.

Not to mention Sizemore, lol, who might be the best player (overall) in the AL in a season or two. David DeJesus would probably be preferred by many scouts over Rowand, for that matter.

Myrtle72
10-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't understand the Rowand obsession.

It's because he was (is?) such good buddies with AJ and Crede and had a lot to do with the whole Steve Perry thing. I don't think it actually has anything to do with how he plays.