PDA

View Full Version : Twinks lay down for weak FOBB team II

FarWestChicago
10-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow, the FOBB's may win this whole thing. Let's face it, the Twinks were probably the only good team in the playoffs. The NL doesn't even count. Hell, you could round up a few buddies at a bar and beat the NL champs. The Murder City Kitties have won like 3 games in the last month. The Skanks are the skanks, they blow. Jesus, it takes nothing to run the table. When was the last time you saw a team lay down like the Twinks? If they really didn't want to participate in the playoffs, they could have at least let the Sox go. I have no doubt the Sox would have tried. I would be seriously enraged if I were a Twinks fan.

NDSox12
10-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I can't disagree with anything you said. Considering how tough the AL was all year, none of the teams look that impressive to me, yet they are world-beaters compared to the NL playoff squads.

HotelWhiteSox
10-06-2006, 10:48 PM
When was the last time you saw a team lay down like the Twinks?

06 Sox, 2nd half

FarWestChicago
10-06-2006, 11:02 PM
06 Sox, 2nd halfWrong. You can't compare a regular season failure to getting to the playoffs and just quitting, not even trying. Get some perspective.

CLR01
10-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Wrong. You can't compare a regular season failure to getting to the playoffs and just quitting, not even trying. Get some perspective.

'00 Sox?????

HotelWhiteSox
10-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Wrong. You can't compare a regular season failure to getting to the playoffs and just quitting, not even trying. Get some perspective.

The A's are just better than the Twins. The Sox are better than all of them, but couldn't get it done against KC, Tampa Bay, Seattle, etc, and in some of those games you could just tell some of them didn't care or took it easier because of it being a worse team. The last series against Seattle was the worst

batmanZoSo
10-06-2006, 11:14 PM
I don't know, the Tigers are looking tough right now. I don't think that series'll make it back to the Bronx.

I think the A's are going all the way. Go Frank.

Frankfan4life
10-06-2006, 11:18 PM
It's ironic (and funny) that because the Twins won the division, they finally didn't have to play the Yankees in the first round but they still got swept. Now, Detroit is beating up on the Yankees. It tickles me to think that had the Twins gotten past the A's they may not have had to play the Yankees or if Detroit had played the A's they might have gotten swept instead of the Twins and it could have been the Twins beating the struggling Yankees.

I'm just loving it!!!! :redneck

FarWestChicago
10-06-2006, 11:24 PM
It's ironic (and funny) that because the Twins won the division, they finally didn't have to play the Yankees in the first round but they still got swept. Now, Detroit is beating up on the Yankees. It tickles me to think that had the Twins gotten past the A's they may not have had to play the Yankees or if Detroit had played the A's they might have gotten swept instead of the Twins and it could have been the Twins beating the struggling Yankees.

I'm just loving it!!!! :redneckIt is funny, except it's highly likely the World Series champ for this year will be a really crappy team. In fact, it's almost the only possible outcome since they all basically suck. :redneck

Daver
10-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Detroit wins it all.

CLR01
10-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Detroit wins it all.

I will be cheering for a strike.

FarWestChicago
10-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Detroit wins it all.At this point they are the only team that doesn't basically suck, as bad have they have been. :D:

Frankfan4life
10-06-2006, 11:48 PM
It is funny, except it's highly likely the World Series champ for this year will be a really crappy team. In fact, it's almost the only possible outcome since they all basically suck. :redneckIt's hard to predict what's going to happen. I have to go with Detroit to beat NY at this point (:o:) but I have no idea who will win the AL or NL pennants. I would have to put my money on an AL team to win the World Series. It would be a travesty if an NL team won, but who knows? Anything can happen. Right now I'm just celebrating the fact that the Stinky Twinkies are out of it.

cbotnyse
10-07-2006, 12:06 AM
I will be cheering for a strike.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CLR01
10-07-2006, 12:14 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

YYYYAAAAWWNNNN

Kuzman
10-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I think St. Louis may be a force if they keep it together the way they've been playing. Possible late season collapse or no.

CLR01
10-07-2006, 12:18 AM
I think St. Louis may be a force if they keep it together the way they've been playing. Possible late season collapse or no.

I don't know. IMO it would be an accomplishment for the NL team to make it past game 5 in the World Series but if the Cardinals can do it I won't complain. All the new Tiger fans on this board may though. :rolleyes: :tongue:

Kub_Killer_15
10-07-2006, 12:29 AM
I want nothing less than seeing the big smile on Frank Thomas while he is named the WS MVP:redneck

PKalltheway
10-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Oakland's looking pretty good right now. I just hope the Cardinals don't pull a '73 Mets and give all of the superior teams fits in the playoffs. The '73 Mets were thisclose to beating the two best teams in the '70's despite finishing just three games over .500: the Reds (who they beat in the NLCS) and Oakland (against whom they took a 3-2 lead in the World Series, only to fall in Games 6 and 7).

IronFisk
10-07-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm just thrilled the twinks are toast. Those fans are just plain KNOBS!

buehrle4cy05
10-07-2006, 02:43 AM
The only solution that will make me happy is if Hurricane Ditka comes through, wipes out the World Series, and proclaims the Bears the World Series champions.

harwar
10-07-2006, 08:21 AM
The Twins had two objectives ..beat the White Sox and knock them out of the playoffs and make it into the post-season.
After they did that their season was over and they did seem out of gas and just gave up.
Although the tigers are the only team that i appear to be able to root for,i don't think the media moguls are going to be none too happy,about trying to hype up a .. Detroit - Oakland ALCS.
.. and whats up with "mount Davis".Why is the entire upper deck closed down during a playoff series?If they can fill it for football why not for baseball games of this importance.

SOXSINCE'70
10-07-2006, 08:42 AM
YYYYAAAAWWNNNN

Or,as The 4 Tops once sang,"Shake Me,Wake Me,When It's Over".
(The playoffs,that is.I can't get excited about this group of teams,either).

SOXSINCE'70
10-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I want nothing less than seeing the big smile on Frank Thomas while he is named the WS MVP:redneck

The HOF had better remember what uniform he's
wearing when his induction occurs.Hint: The uni
better not be Kelly green.:puking:

The Frank Thomas I remember played on the South Side
for 15 seasons and established franchise records that
will be difficult to break.

voodoochile
10-07-2006, 08:48 AM
At this point they are the only team that doesn't basically suck, as bad have they have been. :D:

The heart they are showing me against the Yankees is incredible. I really thought the Yankees were going to win it all, finally having enough pitching to get over the top, but at this stage of the game, I believe the Detroit is the team to beat.

Myrtle72
10-07-2006, 11:08 AM
i don't think the media moguls are going to be none too happy,about trying to hype up a .. Detroit - Oakland ALCS.

Hey - I am hyped about a Detroit/Oakland ALCS. And I'm willing to bet that anyone who is not a Yankees fan is also hyped about it. Sure, there are lots of Yankees fans... somewhere... but the media seems to have this idea that everyone only wants to see the Yankees and that is definately not true. I'd say there are more people who are interested in not seeing the Yankees.

fquaye149
10-07-2006, 11:22 AM
The HOF had better remember what uniform he's
wearing when his induction occurs.Hint: The uni
better not be Kelly green.:puking:

The Frank Thomas I remember played on the South Side
for 15 seasons and established franchise records that
will be difficult to break.

a.) That's not kelly green

b.) unless he plays 5 MVP caliber World Championship seasons with the A's or something, there's no way he won't go in as a Sox

PaulDrake
10-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, the FOBB's may win this whole thing. Let's face it, the Twinks were probably the only good team in the playoffs. The NL doesn't even count. Hell, you could round up a few buddies at a bar and beat the NL champs. The Murder City Kitties have won like 3 games in the last month. The Skanks are the skanks, they blow. Jesus, it takes nothing to run the table. When was the last time you saw a team lay down like the Twinks? If they really didn't want to participate in the playoffs, they could have at least let the Sox go. I have no doubt the Sox would have tried. I would be seriously enraged if I were a Twinks fan. Which makes it that much harder to stomach the Sox performance in the last half of this season. Man, it was all there for the taking again. You're right, none of these teams are anything to be scared of.

samram
10-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Which makes it that much harder to stomach the Sox performance in the last half of this season. Man, it was all there for the taking again. You're right, none of these teams are anything to be scared of.

I agree. I kept thinking that if the Sox could just sneak into the postseason, they had a great chance because no one is really that good in the AL and the NL is a complete pile of crap. Oh well.:(:

soxinem1
10-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I can't disagree with anything you said. Considering how tough the AL was all year, none of the teams look that impressive to me, yet they are world-beaters compared to the NL playoff squads.

But as you guys know, ala 2006 White Sox, champions are not made on paper, anything can happen once the ump raises his hand to start the game. It's happened way too often, this year even more so.

I agree about the NL's weaknesses and the crap effort, especially defensively, the Twins put out there, but having 1 1/2 starters generally means it will catch up with you sooner or later. Good BP or not, you need to do better than 1-20 (or whatever it was) with RISP.

And once Hunter was called out when he was safe at the plate, any life they had was sucked right out of them.

patbooyah
10-07-2006, 12:37 PM

really? it's that simple? i think losing three games in the playoffs is a lot more respectable then playing way under your potential for three months.

ma-gaga
10-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Wow, the FOBB's may win this whole thing. Let's face it, the Twinks were probably the only good team in the playoffs. ... When was the last time you saw a team lay down like the Twinks? If they really didn't want to participate in the playoffs, they could have at least let the Sox go. I have no doubt the Sox would have tried. I would be seriously enraged if I were a Twinks fan.

I'm not enraged, but disappointed. The Twins made mistakes and the A's took advantage. The Twins earned their playoff spot. And the run to the playoffs was one of the most exciting runs I've ever seen. I mean, it was a run thru every single team in the NL/AL, and they made up 12.5 games. 10 games in the last ~40 of the year. It's historic. It's sick.

It sucks that all I have to show for it is a AL Central t-shirt, but it beats falling short of the playoffs...

I'm disappointed it's over, and over that quick. But you can't take away my AL Central title. Just like I can't take away your WS ring. :cool:

caulfield12
10-07-2006, 04:27 PM
White Sox, 11 wins in one year.

Twins, 5 wins if four years. Pretty amazing.

ma-gaga
10-07-2006, 04:36 PM

The playoffs are getting a little lucky, and getting better pitching. The A's had better pitching than the Twins. The Twins made little mistakes all over the field. The saying "they beat themselves" applies.

The A's made no mistakes. And the Twins were eliminated.

That, and the umps screwed them... :angry:

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm not enraged, but disappointed. The Twins made mistakes and the A's took advantage. The Twins earned their playoff spot. And the run to the playoffs was one of the most exciting runs I've ever seen. I mean, it was a run thru every single team in the NL/AL, and they made up 12.5 games. 10 games in the last ~40 of the year. It's historic. It's sick.

It sucks that all I have to show for it is a AL Central t-shirt, but it beats falling short of the playoffs...

I'm disappointed it's over, and over that quick. But you can't take away my AL Central title. Just like I can't take away your WS ring. :cool:Ma, you should be enraged. The Twinks laid down. It was inexcusable. They made their goal winning the Central instead of the Series. Get pissed off. Forget the FOBB "the playoffs are pure luck" mantra. Get mad. :thumbsup:

patbooyah
10-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Ma, you should be enraged. The Twinks laid down. It was inexcusable. They made their goal winning the Central instead of the Series. Get pissed off. Forget the FOBB "the playoffs are pure luck" mantra. Get mad. :thumbsup:

yeah, but at least they accomplished something. as sox fans, i don't think we are in a position to be ridiculing them. enjoying their loss, yes. mocking them, no.

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah, but at least they accomplished something. as sox fans, i don't think we are in a position to be ridiculing them. enjoying their loss, yes. mocking them, no.I'm not mocking anybody. ma is is one of my favorite posters on this board, easily top 5.

patbooyah
10-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm not mocking anybody. ma is is one of my favorite posters on this board, easily top 5.

i know- i meant the twins, not ma. i mean, i'm glad they lost, but they did do a lot better than the sox this year.

Tragg
10-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm pissed - at us for playing like crap against the Twins and not making the playoffs.

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:33 PM
i know- i meant the twins, not ma. i mean, i'm glad they lost, but they did do a lot better than the sox this year.So what? The Sox blew it, the Twinks really blew it. They had a clear shot at the ring and didn't even fight for it. Let me put it another way. How would you have felt if the Sox had laid down for the Beaneaters last year?

patbooyah
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
So what? The Sox blew it, the Twinks really blew it. They had a clear shot at the ring and didn't even fight for it. Let me put it another way. How would you have felt if the Sox had laid down for the Beaneaters last year?

never considered it. never will. :cool:

gbergman
10-07-2006, 07:36 PM
So if the A's win the pennant do we need a FWC combustion watch?

Jjav829
10-07-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm not mocking anybody. ma is is one of my favorite posters on this board, easily top 5.

Sounds like a game thread idea. Guess West's other 4 top posters on the site. :D:

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a game thread idea. Guess West's other 4 top posters on the site. :D:

Michelle?

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Sounds like a game thread idea. Guess West's other 4 top posters on the site. :D:LOL, you're in there. I can keep up with other sports I don't have time to research as well as I did when I was younger by reading yours. :cool:

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
So if the A's win the pennant do we need a FWC combustion watch?No, I'll just delete the forums before all the FOBB's celebrate. :D:

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
LOL, you're in there. I can keep up with other sports I don't have time to research as well as I did when I was younger by reading yours. :cool:

Homefish and jeremyb1! :cool:

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 07:40 PM
No, I'll just delete the forums before all the FOBB's celebrate. :D:

What about the FOFT who want to celebrate?

cbotnyse
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Michelle?She better be! I'm sure West doesnt like sleeping on the couch.

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:43 PM
What about the FOFT who want to celebrate?:talktothehand: Closet FOBB's the lot of them.

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 07:44 PM
:talktothehand: Closet FOBB's the lot of them.

Does that include the esteemed VC?

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Does that include the esteemed VC?It includes every last ****ing A's fan on this planet.

voodoochile
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
:talktothehand: Closet FOBB's the lot of them.

I am not... Go Frank, Go...

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
It includes every last ****ing A's fan on this planet.

Tell me how you really feel, 'West. :cool:

The Dude
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
No, I'll just delete the forums before all the FOBB's celebrate. :D:

I sure hope we don't have to see either ones of those!:o: The Tiggers look good and hopefully they can come through.

RKMeibalane
10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I just hope jeremyb1 doesn't try to come back and gloat. Of course, it would be funny to see the treatment he received if he did. :cool:

FarWestChicago
10-07-2006, 07:53 PM
I sure hope we don't have to see either ones of those!:o: The Tiggers look good and hopefully they can come through.Well, let's hope the Kitties can vanquish the Evil That Is The A's. And I could just ban all the FOBB's for a while and save the forums if the Kitties fall to the Blight from the West Coast. :D:

Chips
10-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, let's hope the Kitties can vanquish the Evil That Is The A's. And I could just ban all the FOBB's for a while and save the forums if the Kitties fall to the Blight from the West Coast. :D:

**** the Moneyballers.

BNLSox
10-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I watched both AL series pretty closely and am very impressed with both the A's and the Tigers (at least this week). Great pitching, clutch hitting, and a little bit of magic - reminds me of a certain '05 squad we all know and love.

I think this ALCS is going to be great! And yes, we could have won it all, but we didnt get the ticket to the dance. As Tommy Lasorda has been saying, get over it. We have our trophy and we'll be in the hunt again for many years to come. For now lets watch our future opponents get tired in October and make our path back to the top easier!

While the Twinks choked in many ways, I think finally a team just said, what the hell, this team doesn't have any pitching. Lets beat them. Something for some reason we were unable to do all year.

I am NOT a FOBB, nor am I an A's fan - for the record! Go Frank, go AL, and Kenny, we're excited to see what you're planning.

ma-gaga
10-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Ma, you should be enraged. The Twinks laid down. It was inexcusable. They made their goal winning the Central instead of the Series. Get pissed off. Forget the FOBB "the playoffs are pure luck" mantra. Get mad. :thumbsup:

So what? The Sox blew it, the Twinks really blew it. They had a clear shot at the ring and didn't even fight for it. Let me put it another way. How would you have felt if the Sox had laid down for the Beaneaters last year?

I meant to adress this. Yeah, I agree, forget about "luck", the post-season is about pitching and defense, the Scummers had it, and the Twins didn't.

I just have had a hard time getting pissed off at my team. But I think you are right. This was an opportunity and they wasted it. I'll probably really feel it when they finish 24 games out of first place next year to the Royals. :angry: :angry:

In retrospect, I really wish the Twins wouldn't have won the division. I think that completely destroyed their focus. I think they would have had a much better showing against the Yankees...

(yeah... I don't know if I truly believe it, but they couldn't have been any more pathetic than they were against the the scum laden A's...)

:gulp:

West's top 5:
Me, Jjav, Michell, Lipman, and Horsemaster Fred.

Where is

TDog
10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
It is funny, except it's highly likely the World Series champ for this year will be a really crappy team. In fact, it's almost the only possible outcome since they all basically suck. :redneck

All of the teams currently alive have pronounced flaws -- the sort that realistic Sox fans would pose as reasons the team couldn't possibly win the World Series. The teams that came in hot have disappeared. The AL wild card lost its last five regular season games but has made it to the ALCS against the division winner with the fewest losses. The Mets are playing in the NLCS against a division winner -- what was it, 6 games over .500?

Rather than an epic matchup of survivors of a long season, the postseason has become a tournament, with the NL supplying a sort of losers bracket. It feels like such a lost opportunity for the Sox to make a postseason run, but I imagine a lot of fans are feeling that way about their teams.

FarWestChicago
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
West's top 5:
Me, Jjav, Michelle, Lipman, and Horsemaster Fred.

Where isThis is why you are in the Top 5!

:rolling: