PDA

View Full Version : Dusty hasn't gotten any offers yet

KMKsuburbannoise
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
So my cousin works in the building where Dusty lives. She works at the doors so she sees him all the time. They recently talked and Dusty says he is not going to be living there anymore (obviously) but he also told her that he has not recieved any offers to coach another club. That's funny and sad. I always thought he was a good coach, he just had bad players.

and I know most people don't care but I thought it was pretty interesting myself.

itsnotrequired
10-06-2006, 03:14 PM
So my cousin works in the building where Dusty lives. She works at the doors so she sees him all the time. They recently talked and Dusty says he is not going to be living there anymore (obviously) but he also told her that he has not recieved any offers to coach another club. That's funny and sad. I always thought he was a good coach, he just had bad players.

and I know most people don't care but I thought it was pretty interesting myself.

Um, its only been a week. That guy will have something cooking come 2007.

Mr.1Dog
10-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Give him time. I am sure he will end up somewhere. San Francisco perhaps...:rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
10-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Washington added him to the list, but that's a long list.

chaerulez
10-06-2006, 03:22 PM

Fixed it.

INSox56
10-06-2006, 03:25 PM
he'll end up somewhere...I still don't put the majority of the blame on him. He's part of the blame, but a lot of it is Rothschild for the Prior and Wood problem, and the largest problem is in the only one still standing...Hendry. He has done nothing with the Cubs other than fleece DLee and Ramirez...gee that's so hard...

KMKsuburbannoise
10-06-2006, 03:31 PM
oh, has anyone heard the rumor of Donald Trump wanting to purchase the Cubs? didn't wanna make a formal thread about this cause not sure if it's that important.

Mr.1Dog
10-06-2006, 03:33 PM
oh, has anyone heard the rumor of Donald Trump wanting to purchase the Cubs? didn't wanna make a formal thread about this cause not sure if it's that important.

Maybe Trump and Cuban can go halves.

INSox56
10-06-2006, 03:49 PM

I want neither one of those to ********s near this city. Having a building associated with Trump in Chicago is bad enough. I hate those two my god

jdm2662
10-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Um, other than the Marlins, have any open positions been filled yet? I highly doubt anyone has interviewed. Why this is a shocker is beyond me.

JorgeFabregas
10-06-2006, 04:02 PM

I believe Trump was asked on the Mike North show some months ago if he would be interested in buying the Cubs, were they on the market. He said yes, but there wasn't any indication that he was actively pursuing it.

I wonder how Dusty interviews. When asked tough questions by the media, he typically gives responses devoid of meaning.

getonbckthr
10-06-2006, 04:39 PM

Does your cousin work near a baggage claim of an airport as well?

southside rocks
10-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Donald Trump should buy the Cubs, should film an Apprentice series based on the Cubs, should have Jim Hendry be one of the Apprentice candidates, and then Jim gets called into the boardroom ...

You know where this is going, right? :D:

CLR01
10-06-2006, 04:58 PM

I have a very good friend who tells me that Bill Gates is actively pursuing buying the Cubs. The hangup is that the only human player he wants on his team is Rowand and the rest will be robots. The union is not to happy about it and they are trying to block the sale.

LongLiveFisk
10-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I believe Trump was asked on the Mike North show some months ago if he would be interested in buying the Cubs, were they on the market. He said yes, but there wasn't any indication that he was actively pursuing it.

I wonder how Dusty interviews. When asked tough questions by the media, he typically gives responses devoid of meaning.

As far as I can tell, Trump is interested in buying any and everything he can get his hands on, so this is more telling about him and less about his actual interest in the Cubs, per se.

Flight #24
10-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I have a very good friend who tells me that Bill Gates is actively pursuing buying the Cubs. The hangup is that the only human player he wants on his team is Rowand and the rest will be robots. The union is not to happy about it and they are trying to block the sale.
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/192000/192114GlNK_w.jpg

In the background, I think you can see Rowand........

CLR01
10-06-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/192000/192114GlNK_w.jpg

In the background, I think you can see Rowand........

He's probably on lying on the ground next to the CF wall.

"I haven't seen anything crash like that since Windows ME. It's a thing of beauty. "

http://zlab.bu.edu/%7Emfrith/SurvivalSkills/bill-gates-ces-story.jpg

TDog
10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
... I always thought he was a good coach, he just had bad players. ...

Remember when Sports Illustrated put two Cubs on the 2004 preview cover announcing the team would win the World Series. The Cubs were regarded to have the best players in the National League before they acquired a former AL batting champ. It isn't like he was managing Kansas City or Pittsburg -- the Pirates being one of the five teams that finished ahead of the Cubs in the NL Central this year.

The Cubs losing wasn't Dusty Baker's fault. It was a total team effort.

Frontman
10-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Dusty was brought in not to manage the Cubs per se, but to manage a team built around a high-powered slugger, (ie Sosa.) Once Sammy was gone, Dusty's style of management had nothing to offer the team in a positive way. For a guy who compared himself to Joe Paterno, he hasn't one anything.

From what's being reported, the Nationals have shown interest. They probably think he can turn Soriano into the next Barry Bonds/Sammy Sosa.

Front

FarWestChicago
10-06-2006, 10:15 PM

and I know most people don't care but I thought it was pretty interesting myself.:roflmao:

I'm assuming you missed the teal. Crusty Faker is a horrible manager. He had the Series in the palm of his hand and blew it. I have friends who have declared they will relinquish season tickets and change allegiances if he returns to the Gain'ts as rumored. :cool:

dickallen15
10-06-2006, 10:57 PM

and I know most people don't care but I thought it was pretty interesting mdyself.

Doesnt he live in a high rise on Eugenie Terrace during the season? I do know Latoya Hawkins lived there and had 2 rooms filled with shoes.

chaerulez
10-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Dusty was brought in not to manage the Cubs per se, but to manage a team built around a high-powered slugger, (ie Sosa.) Once Sammy was gone, Dusty's style of management had nothing to offer the team in a positive way. For a guy who compared himself to Joe Paterno, he hasn't one anything.

From what's being reported, the Nationals have shown interest. They probably think he can turn Soriano into the next Barry Bonds/Sammy Sosa.

Front

Exactly, the only thing he is good for is coddling pampered babies. It's pretty easy to manage when you have some roided sluggers where you can just pencil them in for the 3 hole. As for the people who want to point to Dusty's record with the Giants. Those teams won despite him. They had some decent talent. Terry Bevington had an above .500 record, does that make him a good manager?

Soxfanspcu11
10-07-2006, 01:55 AM
That's funny and sad. I always thought he was a good coach, he just had bad players.

:?:

I wouldn't want him anywhere near my favorite team, especially the pitching staff.

Horsemaster Fred
10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Dusty Baker was brought in to do a job. What that job is nobody know. What it is he did not know. He was given the Tools and the Power but he showed time and time again that without the HEART and the STAMINA you too will die in a ditch. For it was written, “Dusty B will die in a ditch.” Time makes fools of us all except in the case of Dusty Baker, Chairman of the Cubs, who time will make a corpse in a ditch. His transgressions laid bare, he shall be judged upon the Holy Spike for time immemorial. So real

itsnotrequired
10-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Dusty Baker was brought in to do a job. What that job is nobody know. What it is he did not know. He was given the Tools and the Power but he showed time and time again that without the HEART and the STAMINA you too will die in a ditch. For it was written, “Dusty B will die in a ditch.” Time makes fools of us all except in the case of Dusty Baker, Chairman of the Cubs, who time will make a corpse in a ditch. His transgressions laid bare, he shall be judged upon the Holy Spike for time immemorial. So real

:supernana:

spiffie
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Well son of a bitch.

batmanZoSo
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
:nod:

oeo
10-12-2006, 04:13 PM

:D:

He's baaack.

Realist
10-12-2006, 04:26 PM

He doesn't know the meaning of the word "pressure". Twenty-six posts and he's a legend - simply amazing. :D:

jenn2080
10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
:gulp: :bandance:

buehrle4cy05
10-12-2006, 10:42 PM

:bandance::moonwalk::moonwalk::moonwalk::bandance: :bandance::supernana::)

cbotnyse
10-12-2006, 11:01 PM

Well son of a bitch.

:D:

He's baaack.

He doesn't know the meaning of the word "pressure". Twenty-six posts and he's a legend - simply amazing.

:gulp: :bandance:

:bandance::moonwalk::moonwalk::moonwalk:count me in on the celebration. :party: Horsemaster, you are going on my ignore list. (deep teal)

I want Mags back
10-13-2006, 11:48 AM
if jerry manuel can still have a job in baseball, im sure dusty will find one