PDA

View Full Version : This entire thread should be in teal but here goes ....

MadetoOrta
10-06-2006, 12:23 PM
1. Paulie to Anaheim for Scott Shields and top prospects to re-plenish our farm system. [Save $10 million? Lights out middle relief pitcher and future]
2. Bring back Frank 2 years $16 million total. [Will never happen - I know]
3. Put Thome at first.

What do you get?

a. Perhaps the best 7th/8th inning relief pitcher in baseball
b. Reduce payroll a tad
c. Re-plenished farm system
d. An even better middle of the order [I know our offense was great]

I know KW and Frank's relationship is so sour it'll never happen and I know Paulie has a no-trade clause although he may waive it for the chance to play in Anaheim.

Arrows ready ........ FIRE!

DaleJRFan
10-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Thome had issues staying healthy for a full season of DH, I doubt he'd be capable of staying healthy for 162 games at first base.

Besides, Frank Thomas is 39 and Paul Konerko is 29. I'll stick with Konerko. After all, he is the team captain. I think Frank thomas is the only guy in the league that is slower than Konerko.

Baby Fisk
10-06-2006, 12:32 PM
This is the best notion since they invented goggles for dogs.

http://www.discountpetmedicines.com/doggles-dog-goggles.gif

Seriously tho, Frank is never coming back, you got that part right.

I want Mags back
10-06-2006, 12:49 PM
indeed, teal very needed

Jjav829
10-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Keep this up and we're gonna need a flashing picture of Frank saying, "He's Gone, Get over it!"

Yeah, this isn't even close to happening. Next bad idea...

eriqjaffe
10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Next bad idea...Okay, here goes. We trade Juan Uribe and Scott Podsednik to the Marlins for a rosin bag, and then we re-activate Luis Aparicio and exhume the body of Joe Jackson.

Jackson will give us a proven OBP machine, while Aparicio will provide some much-needed baserunning and an exceptional middle-infield glove.

Oh, and we put KW in the broadcast booth and let Hawk GM again. Yeah!

SOXintheBURGH
10-06-2006, 01:48 PM
It's still in the DS in the playoffs and the madness hath already begun.

Flight #24
10-06-2006, 02:03 PM
1. Paulie to Anaheim for Scott Shields and top prospects to re-plenish our farm system. [Save $10 million? Lights out middle relief pitcher and future]
2. Bring back Frank 2 years $16 million total. [Will never happen - I know]
3. Put Thome at first.

What do you get?

a. Perhaps the best 7th/8th inning relief pitcher in baseball
b. Reduce payroll a tad
c. Re-plenished farm system
d. An even better middle of the order [I know our offense was great]

I know KW and Frank's relationship is so sour it'll never happen and I know Paulie has a no-trade clause although he may waive it for the chance to play in Anaheim.

Arrows ready ........ FIRE!

A more realistic idea, although Given KW - it'll still never happen, would be to trade Thome to Anaheim for Shields or prospects. Jimmy's cheaper, and a better power threat than Paulie, and they can DH him just like the Sox did.

Then the Sox sign Frank, and despite it being a righty-balanced lineup, the way Frank hits - I think it'd be fine.

Craig Grebeck
10-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Why are people obsessed with bringing Frank back? He's 39!

MrRoboto83
10-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Frank coming back to chicago?:roflmao: <---Frank laughing at KW.

southside rocks
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
The A's and Frank Thomas are working on the terms of contract for the Big Hurt.

Two years for Thomas?: Frank Thomas hammered home his importance to the A's with his two homers in Game 1, and owner Lew Wolff indicated on Wednesday that the team remains committed to re-signing the designated hitter.
Wolff said before Game 2 at the Metrodome that the A's are willing to give Thomas a multiyear contract. Thomas repeatedly has said he'd like to re-sign with the A's before the end of the season and prefers a two-year deal; Oakland initially proposed one year with an option for a second year.
After playing sparingly in 2004 and 2005, Thomas signed with the A's for a $500,000 base and earned another $2.6 million in incentives. The new contract isn't expected to be as incentive-laden.
"We've all gotten so busy, but I share (general manager Billy Beane's) goal that we'd like Frank to be with us for a couple of more years," said Wolff, adding with a smile, "I think he might want a little bit of an adjustment."
Source link: http://tinyurl.com/lfvws

Why in the world would Frank Thomas want to return to Chicago? How can anyone even conceive of the idea of KW re-signing him? :?:

But I guess if the Sox are getting Dontrelle Willis for BA, then anything can happen! :tongue:

Britt Burns
10-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Frank will never be back with the Sox. Especially with KW as the GM. Get used to it. I know, I miss him too at times, but that's just the way it is.

Sargeant79
10-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Just because Frank managed to stay pretty healthy this year doesn't mean the same thing will happen next year. That's the whole reason why the Sox (and almost every other team in baseball) had listtle interest in signing him last year. I love Frank and hope the best for him, but he'll probably sign a 2-year deal with Oakland and spend a significant amount of the life of that contract on the DL.

thomas35forever
10-07-2006, 01:35 AM
:KW
"He better stay out of our business. He better stay out of White Sox business."

buehrle4cy05
10-07-2006, 02:52 AM
We'll re-sign Shingo and trade him for Derrek Lee.

We'll trade Vazquez and Garcia, thus opening the door for Pablo Ozuna to pitch.

We'll trade for Rowand.

Seriously! I overheard all of this at a Phoenix Airport baggage claim! Kenny said "get it done! NOW!" real emphatically so something big must be going down!!!:bandance:

October26
10-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Okay, here goes. We trade Juan Uribe and Scott Podsednik to the Marlins for a rosin bag, and then we re-activate Luis Aparicio and exhume the body of Joe Jackson.

Jackson will give us a proven OBP machine, while Aparicio will provide some much-needed baserunning and an exceptional middle-infield glove.

Oh, and we put KW in the broadcast booth and let Hawk GM again. Yeah!

OMG - stop it. This is so funny. Thanks for making me laugh. I think this is the first thread that I have read on this board over the years where someone is talking about exhuming bodies! We really have too much time on our hands right now, as Sox fans, don't we. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: