PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Urbina???

Soxfanspcu11
10-06-2006, 02:31 AM
That would be Ugethetheth (a weird first name that I can't spell anyway)Urbina.

The last I heard and saw, he was in that jail cell in Venezuela, being interviewed.

I remember Ozzie backing him up briefly, but I also remember them talking about him being in jail for a very long time.

So whatever happened with this?? And as a slight aside, why do stories like this just disappear??:?:

The media goes all gaga over a story for like a week or so, and then you never hear about it again. I seriously have not heard ONE WORD about this since it all went down.

It wouldn't surprise me if MLB were trying to sweep it under the rug and move forward, but still, some sort of update would be nice!

caulfield12
10-06-2006, 08:13 AM
That would be Ugethetheth (a weird first name that I can't spell anyway)Urbina.

The last I heard and saw, he was in that jail cell in Venezuela, being interviewed.

I remember Ozzie backing him up briefly, but I also remember them talking about him being in jail for a very long time.

So whatever happened with this?? And as a slight aside, why do stories like this just disappear??:?:

The media goes all gaga over a story for like a week or so, and then you never hear about it again. I seriously have not heard ONE WORD about this since it all went down.

It wouldn't surprise me if MLB were trying to sweep it under the rug and move forward, but still, some sort of update would be nice!

Still in prison.

kraut83
10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Funny, I was thinking about this the other day as well. Looks like the Tigers definitely got the better end of the Urbina/Polanco deal with the Phillies!

chisox56
10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Speaking of a side story like this, I remember a few years back on baseball tonight they were talking about Rich Garces missing in a country in south america, I don't remember which one and then they never said anything else about it.

Baby Fisk
10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
MLB doesn't sweep stuff under the rug.

chaerulez
10-06-2006, 03:28 PM
It's a good thing Ozzie stopped talking about Urbina and how he's a misunderstood great guy. No sorry Ozzie, that doesn't appear to be the case...

tacosalbarojas
10-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Speaking of a side story like this, I remember a few years back on baseball tonight they were talking about Rich Garces missing in a country in south america, I don't remember which one and then they never said anything else about it.
Here you go:
http://www.survivinggrady.com/2005/02/in-news.html

caulfield12
10-06-2006, 04:34 PM
- the ex- relevista of the Red Averages, Richard GarcÚs, appeared safe and sound in the Guaira, after ten days of disappear, according to the Dazzling Venezuelan newspaper. GarcÚs, which according to the Boston Herald it had expressed a preoccupation to be kidnapping in Venezuela when it was in Great Leagues, was sending in Venezuelan Liga with the Navigators of Magallanes, and the last time that their relatives had known of him was after a party in the University Stage of Caracas. GarcÚs affirmed when appearing that soon of the party of the 17 of January, it had spent days in the beach in the Central Coast. The relatives of corpulento throwing had gone to the Division of People Misled of the Police Body of Investigations to denounce the supposed disappearance of the player. GarcÚs, that sent with Boston from 1996 to the 2002, had mark of 23-8 and effectiveness of 3,78 with the Red Averages; one inquires that it is in talks with the Orioles to return to the Great Leagues.

Garces is ALIVE, and now on the tv show LOST.

Just kidding. He was found 10 days later. No ransom. Sorry for machine translation Spanish, it's pretty bad.

Notice how he's called "corpulento" in Spanish?

Soxfanspcu11
10-06-2006, 05:38 PM

What about Brian Williams, the former Bull??

I remember when he disappeared in like Fiji or something and everyone was trying to figure out what the hell happened. I don't believe that they ever found him, but I do believe that they kind of figured out that he was murdered.

My memory is so hazy, but I recall it being something like a drug deal gone bad, I could be totally wrong though.

michned
10-06-2006, 09:01 PM
What about Brian Williams, the former Bull??

I remember when he disappeared in like Fiji or something and everyone was trying to figure out what the hell happened. I don't believe that they ever found him, but I do believe that they kind of figured out that he was murdered.

My memory is so hazy, but I recall it being something like a drug deal gone bad, I could be totally wrong though.

Authorities speculate that Williams' brother killed him and two others and dumped their bodies overboard.

The brother wound up commiting suicide before he could be arrested.

twentywontowin
10-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Brian Williams.............Bison Dele, LOL!

thomas35forever
10-07-2006, 01:30 AM
My uncle called his fantasy league "Free Uggie!"

Xx i am error xX
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Last year in two fantasy leagues my names were Urbina's Gasoline Can/Urbina's Machete, and the year before that my team in one league was Urbina Rescue Mission (for that whole ridiculous story in which his mom was taken hostage and rescued by a SWAT team.)

Something amazing better happen this offseason, or I'm going to have trouble thinking of names for my fantasy teams....