PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate Jeter

palehozenychicty
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
After the disgusting drooling over Jeter during the Tiggers-Spankees rain delay, I discovered this and it exposed Jeter as the fraud that I suspected:

http://www.torontobaseballguys.com/jeter.html (http://www.torontobaseballguys.com/jeter.html)

[/URL][URL="http://www.torontobaseballguys.com/jeter.html"] (http://www.torontobaseballguys.com/jeter.html)

itsnotrequired
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
After the disgusting drooling over Jeter during the Tiggers-Spankees rain delay, I discovered this and it exposed Jeter as the fraud that I suspected:

http://www.torontobaseballguys.com/jeter.html (http://www.torontobaseballguys.com/jeter.html)

:rolleyes:

MarySwiss
10-05-2006, 12:14 PM

Thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks! :D:

mrs. hendu
10-05-2006, 12:17 PM
At least when he dated Mariah, she still looked nice. :D:

0o0o0
10-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I like Jeter.

cbotnyse
10-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks! :D::D: yes, great read. good find.

jenn2080
10-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I made it to 10. It bored me. I like Jeter. He is a hell of a lot better then Error Rod.

getonbckthr
10-05-2006, 12:31 PM
44. Face-plant catch - Jeter's snag of a foul pop up in extra innings vs. Boston. Nice play, but he took about three full steps before leaping into the stands. Dude, pull the chute! This play did clinch the 2004 Gold Glove for him, but Juan Uribe made a better catch in the '05 World Series, and he managed to save his face, too
This was my favorite one.

Chips
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM

Make it two, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I like Jeter.

So do I

I made it to 10. It bored me. I like Jeter. He is a hell of a lot better then Error Rod.

I stopped at 19.

caulfield12
10-05-2006, 12:38 PM
At least when he dated Mariah, she still looked nice. :D:

Vanessa Minillo isn't going to find too many detractors.

goon
10-05-2006, 12:48 PM
74. "Strike three? Surely you jest" - The look of disbelief he gives umpires EVERY TIME he's rung up on strikes, a mixture of "that almost hit me" and "don't you know who I am?"

... so true...

skottyj242
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Decent stuff...too long though.

Gregory Pratt
10-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I like Jeter enough in that he IS a Hall of Famer and he IS a solid player, certainly a good number two hitter, even a great one. But he is not this year's MVP. He is not a Top Ten Greatest Player.

I think it's a travesty that he's going to win the MVP this year as a Lifetime Achievement Award. "Oh, he's kept the Injury-Riddled Yankees together!" has to be the biggest load of nonsense in baseball. Injury-riddled Yankees? When Cano, Matsui and Sheffield went down, they still had Damon, Giambi, Posada, Alex Rodriguez and then they had Bobby Abreu for over half the year. This wasn't a starving Lineup.

But he sure anchored it, and deserves the Award!
(I like Mauer, and Morneau, for MVP. But especially Mauer.)

palehozenychicty
10-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I like Jeter enough in that he IS a Hall of Famer and he IS a solid player, certainly a good number two hitter, even a great one. But he is not this year's MVP. He is not a Top Ten Greatest Player.

I think it's a travesty that he's going to win the MVP this year as a Lifetime Achievement Award. "Oh, he's kept the Injury-Riddled Yankees together!" has to be the biggest load of nonsense in baseball. Injury-riddled Yankees? When Cano, Matsui and Sheffield went down, they still had Damon, Giambi, Posada, Alex Rodriguez and then they had Bobby Abreu for over half the year. This wasn't a starving Lineup.

But he sure anchored it, and deserves the Award!
(I like Mauer, and Morneau, for MVP. But especially Mauer.)

That is my point! He is a very good 2 hole hitter and makes crucial plays in the postseason. I will give him that. But he's not a great all-around shortstop. At all.

mrs. hendu
10-05-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't mind Jeter, but then again - I don't normally watch the Yankees. :redneck

Gregory Pratt
10-05-2006, 01:11 PM
That is my point! He is a very good 2 hole hitter and makes crucial plays in the postseason. I will give him that. But he's not a great all-around shortstop. At all.

I'm with you all the way on that. :)

zmz723
10-05-2006, 01:23 PM
58. Jeter-looking-thoughtful-in-the-dugout-cam - Fox once spent a solid 30 seconds panning in on a pensive Jeter sitting on the bench while the game was in progress. This wasn't Jeter sharing sage advice with the manager, or having words with a team mate, mind you - he was literally just sitting there. Sadly, they had to go back to the field for the next pitch, but as soon as it was delivered, presto! - right back to Jeter.

:D:

Chez
10-05-2006, 01:36 PM

That's just ridiculous. What exactly prevents him from being rated as a "great all-around shortstop?" Can't hit for power? Doesn't possess a cannon for an arm? What? The guy makes every play at short, is one of the better clutch hitters in the game, plays (and thrives) on baseball's biggest stage. What's not to like?

ND_Sox_Fan
10-05-2006, 01:36 PM
While some of it is funny and some of it is probably true (i.e. overrated purely on statistics), the whole thing strikes me as one thing: JEALOUSY.

I tend to like/respect him because he plays the game hard and plays to win every night out. He also happens to be a leader who knows how to win, which doesn't show up in his individual stat lines, but certainly does in the only stat column that mattered for the Sox in 2005 - W.

People hate him because they are jealous and because gets a lot of ink for being good. The first part is unfortunate fact of life #45,678 and the second is not his fault.

INSox56
10-05-2006, 01:37 PM

Actually that's not Arod's position with all of the errors....not that it means EVERYTHING, but he's a gold glove SS, Jeter is MUCH worse than even Uribe. I'd take Arod over Uribe any day..and that says a lot with his defense.

I hate the guy and his overrated D especially. He's so annoyingly a "leader" that I'd probably not like him if I were on the team. Do you ever like the over-enthusiastic guy on YOUR team if you play a sport?

thegooch
10-05-2006, 01:37 PM
45. Derek Jeter: sex symbol. Sure, he's clean cut, but he also looks "like the Rock had sex with a muppet." This quote is actually from Jeter himself, in drag as a Yankees fan during a Saturday Night Live sketch.

HA! This one cracked me up. Classic.

INSox56
10-05-2006, 01:40 PM
That's just ridiculous. What exactly prevents him from being rated as a "great all-around shortstop?" Can't hit for power? Doesn't possess a cannon for an arm? What? The guy makes every play at short, is one of the better clutch hitters in the game, plays (and thrives) on baseball's biggest stage. What's not to like?

...and if you read more of the list it gives reasons as to why he's not a good shortstop.

MarySwiss
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't actually hate Jeter himself; I hate hearing about him constantly during the playoffs. Someone above said that's not his fault. Maybe not completely, but he doesn't exactly try to avoid the attention, either.

I think that list was funny because so many of the items on it are true, e.g., the fist pump thing, the "whaddaya mean strike three?" look.

Chez
10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
...and if you read more of the list it gives reasons as to why he's not a good shortstop.

Tell you what. Call or e-mail every GM in the league and see (if salary was not an issue) whether they would trade their shortstop for Jeter straight up. Let me know.

jenn2080
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't actually hate Jeter himself; I hate hearing about him constantly during the playoffs. Someone above said that's not his fault. Maybe not completely, but he doesn't exactly try to avoid the attention, either.

I think that list was funny because so many of the items on it are true, e.g., the fist pump thing, the "whaddaya mean strike three?" look.

He is not the only one. There are plenty of lovefests going on during games. What if Jeter was on the Sox would people think of it then?

INSox56
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Tell you what. Call or e-mail every GM in the league and see (if salary was not an issue) whether they would trade their shortstop for Jeter straight up. Let me know.

What are your needs...are they for offense or defense? If more for offense, then sure. But if we needed a really good defensive shortstop, I'd rather have Uribe, thank you.

INSox56
10-05-2006, 01:52 PM
He is not the only one. There are plenty of lovefests going on during games. What if Jeter was on the Sox would people think of it then?

They asked this on BBTN last night in the delay to Vernon Wells. He didn't say anything that would have been bad, just one of those "I don't know" avoiding answers. I'm willing to bet that he'd not get half the attention if he weren't playing for the spankmes

Chez
10-05-2006, 01:57 PM
What are your needs...are they for offense or defense? If more for offense, then sure. But if we needed a really good defensive shortstop, I'd rather have Uribe, thank you.

You're hedging. Total package. Shortstop for shortstop. I can, off the top of my head, think of maybe one in the AL (Michael Young), and maybe one in the NL (Reyes). I'd still take Jeter over both. And if you think Uribe is a better all around shortstop than Jeter, then I've got some swamp land I'd like to sell you! :smile:

fquaye149
10-05-2006, 02:00 PM

Good one. Better at what? I can think of...better at being overpaid.

Myrtle72
10-05-2006, 02:01 PM

Interesting, but I like Jeter and to be honest, some of those things just aren't true.

Jeter was given number two because when he joined the team, that was the number that they gave him. He didn't ask for it and specifically said in an interview that he would have rather had a number in the teens... I believe it was an interview I saw on ESPN, a while ago. I remember it because I always thought it was interesting because I figured since he's such a legend now, I don't see why he can't change his number if he really wants to. Of course, I'm sure people would give him a lot of crap if he changed his number now, especially considering all the fans who have #2 jerseys, but like I said, if he REALLY wanted to change it, I'm sure he could.

Also, Jeter is a gold glove winner. I find it hard to believe he's not even the best short stop on the team.

Plus, while a bunch of these things could be considered annoying, I don't see why it's any reason to "hate" Jeter. Any hall of fame worthy baseball player is going to have many of these characteristics. Sounds to me like someone just has a bad case of "Jeter-envy."

fquaye149
10-05-2006, 02:02 PM

With that contract...sure...let me know how many GM's want to pay 20 million for what Jeter gives you... 900 OPS in a great year for him....otherwise mid 800's with like...what? 20 SB?

What a wonderful value. They would trade for his offense and for his drawing power. Not for his defense.

fquaye149
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
You're hedging. Total package. Shortstop for shortstop. I can, off the top of my head, think of maybe one in the AL (Michael Young), and maybe one in the NL (Reyes). I'd still take Jeter over both. And if you think Uribe is a better all around shortstop than Jeter, then I've got some swamp land I'd like to sell you! :smile:

I can think of a better shortstop who plays for the NYY. And for 20 million dollars, I'd rather have, say, Miguel Tejada and 8 million dollars

Chez
10-05-2006, 02:05 PM
I can think of a better shortstop who plays for the NYY. And for 20 million dollars, I'd rather have, say, Miguel Tejada and 8 million dollars

Read my original post, pal. It says if salary is not an issue.

Myrtle72
10-05-2006, 02:06 PM
And for 20 million dollars, I'd rather have, say, Miguel Tejada and 8 million dollars

Better does not necessarily mean "more efficient"

It is more efficient to have Tejada on a team because he is better per dollar he is paid.

Jeter is still a better short stop.

southside rocks
10-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow, whoever wrote that linked article sure had a lot of time and bile to put into it. :o:

I don't "hate" Derek Jeter, nor do I particularly revere him. What I find irritating is the east coast sports network that persists in shoving Jeter Greatness down our throats 24/7, just about. They come off as a bunch of fawning groupies. But they also do that, to not much less degree, for all the Yankee players.

Which is why I don't subscribe to their magazine, watch their station unless there's a game on, or listen to their radio unless there's a game on. Booooorrrrrring.

Palehose13
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't really care either way for Jeter. I guess if I wwas forced to choose a side, I'd say that I like the guy.

I only made it to 11, but this
9. Born in 1974 - the same year that gave us the Watergate scandal, Dungeons and Dragons and the Volkswagen Golf
is just ridiculous. 1974 was a great year! :cool:

INSox56
10-05-2006, 02:18 PM

I'd take Reyes and Arod before I'd take Jeter, period. In fact I hope that Arod has a HORRIBLE postseason so they'll continually call for his head. I'd give up Crede and Uribe for Arod. This isn't the total point however. The point being that he's treated as a god and isn't even the best SS on the team, I dare anyone to say he's a better all around SS than Arod. His insane over enthusiasm, as well as his usual annoying tendencies (such as they point out in his extreme animation from any ball that's near the inside of the plate), not to mention other things, annoy the **** out of me and thus, make me hate him. Whether many of this worship is his fault or not, it still makes me hate him.

FielderJones
10-05-2006, 02:22 PM

89. The Yankees $200 million payroll - See, it's this, and not Jeter's leadership that makes the players around him better. It turns Aaron Boone into Alex Rodriguez and Raul Mondesi into Gary Sheffield

90. "Knows how to win" - perhaps the single most oft-cited and utterly ridiculous of Jeter's mystical abilities. Apparently the secret formula is a 200-HR offense, mercenary Cy Young winner de jour and the best closer in the history of baseball.

Palehose13
10-05-2006, 02:25 PM
90. "Knows how to win" - perhaps the single most oft-cited and utterly ridiculous of Jeter's mystical abilities. Apparently the secret formula is a 200-HR offense, mercenary Cy Young winner de jour and the best closer in the history of baseball.

The Sox had a 200-HR offense again, A starting pitcher with one less win than the Yankees top winner (Garland at 18), along with a pretty darn reliable clolser. How come they aren't in the playoffs?

FielderJones
10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
The Sox had a 200-HR offense again, A starting pitcher with one less win than the Yankees top winner (Garland at 18), along with a pretty darn reliable clolser. How come they aren't in the playoffs?

Cleveland/Kansas City >>>>> Baltimore/Tampa
Detroit >>>> Boston
Minnesota >>>> Toronto

chaerulez
10-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Cleveland/Kansas City >>>>> Baltimore/Tampa
Detroit >>>> Boston
Minnesota >>>> Toronto

I think PH13 realizes that, hence the teal. :smile: I don't think there is any debate if the Sox were in any division we'd be playing right now, but no use crying about how we played in a tough division, just have to get better for next year.

As for the people who say Jeter is great, the he won a gold glove argument doesn't work. He's a subpar defender. Every baseball insider knows he has a hard time getting to balls to his left. Why? That's just a flaw in his game. Its kind of like asking why can't Juan Uribe draw more walks? People don't like Jeter because he over hyped/rated by the media. Uribe's 2005 World Series catch was more impressive than Jeter's 2004 catch. The fact that he won a gold glove also indicates how overrated he is. Jeter is however very good at tracking down pop ups/fly balls. Instead of signing Damon, the Yankees should've moved Jeter to CF and A-Rod back to SS and perhaps tried to get someone like Glaus to fill 3B. Damon doesn't have bad range in CF, but his arm is subpar so instantly your defense up the middle has improved. I know A-Rod struggled this year on defense, but perhaps at his natural position he wouldn't have struggled as bad. Some of those things on that list were silly, like his birth year or month or who he's dated. But baseball wise, there are some good points.

soxchick20
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
i like jeter, he doesn't bother me. I'm not a yankee fan, thats for sure, but i don't despise them either. but for some reason, i don't like A-rod. My reason? i can't really give one. i just dont like the dude.

Unregistered
10-05-2006, 03:31 PM
I still maintain that if Derek Jeter was drafted by the Kansas City Royals he'd be known solely as a solid veteran. For whatever reason, by simply playing for the Yankees, he has transformed into a living legend.

I still don't get it... :dunno:

fquaye149
10-05-2006, 03:32 PM

It is more efficient to have Tejada on a team because he is better per dollar he is paid.

It's a tossup. Tejada's much better on d and year to year is as good as Jeter offensively. Fact is, Jeter's a good hitter, a mediocre ss.

I'd take him for the Sox salary not considered...but I'd much rather have Tejada, even without $$$ as an issue.

DEFENSE AT SHORTSTOP IS A BIG DEAL. GM's may want Jeter over anyone b/c he puts asses in the seats, but winning does too. Jeter's a good player but to act like he's better than A-Rod somehow, or some God at SS....

the fact that Jeter can be considered one of the better SS's in baseball (and he can) speaks to the regression of the SS position more than Jeter's merits.

Gregory Pratt
10-05-2006, 04:21 PM
THIS is why people hate Jeter: http://proxy.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2073780

an excerpt:

"Jeter has a nice face, a rugged face, a handsome face, equal parts black and white, the son of a black father and white mother who had simple rules for him in high school, including being home by 10 p.m. every night and eating his lunch every day. He was taught well, and he has never forgotten his lessons. That's why he is such a good player and team captain. That's why he is the face of baseball."

Baby Fisk
10-05-2006, 04:27 PM
It's understandable that this would be a link from a Jays fan board. There is more distance between the White Sox and the Yankees. Not so for Toronto fans, who suffer the annual humiliation of seeing half their dome filled with Yankee fans whenever New York is in town. Think about how much Cubbie crap most of you are exposed to on a regular basis. In Toronto, it's mostly Yankee crap. There are far more "NY" hats worn around this city than there are Jays hats.

soxfan80
10-05-2006, 04:29 PM
who cares? he's got 4 rings...THAT'S why yankee fans love him...he's the latest Hero of the Yankees.
From the 20's to today , there has been the "YANKEE" Yankee(or in some cases, overlapping YANKEE Yankees) in almost every decade
Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Joe Dimaggio
Mickey Mantle
Yogi Berra
Thurman Munson
Reggie Jackson
Don Mattingly
Bernie Williams
Derek Jeter

mrfourni
10-05-2006, 04:54 PM
who cares? he's got 4 rings...THAT'S why yankee fans love him...he's the latest Hero of the Yankees.
From the 20's to today , there has been the "YANKEE" Yankee(or in some cases, overlapping YANKEE Yankees) in almost every decade
Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Joe Dimaggio
Mickey Mantle
Yogi Berra
Thurman Munson
Reggie Jackson
Don Mattingly
Bernie Williams
Derek Jeter

Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle ... Costanza?
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:U6KddJzCOHRpYM:http://www.adrianspeyer.com/geopose.gif (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.adrianspeyer.com/geopose.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.adrianspeyer.com/george.htm&h=250&w=269&sz=18&hl=en&start=38&tbnid=U6KddJzCOHRpYM:&tbnh=105&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcostanza%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26s vnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)

batmanZoSo
10-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Isn't it a little tired to hate on Jeter these days? Maybe if this were 2000, it would be funny. Ugh, I can hear the raunchy Boston accent as I read it.

Yes, it's a Toronto site, but the author's name is Sean Doyle--tell me that's not a Bostonian. :wink:

TheOldRoman
10-05-2006, 06:20 PM

Do you mean better with the bat? Because he is not.
Jeter has more power? Ummm, no.
How about better defensively? Tejada has lost 2 steps, and he is still leaps and bounds ahead of Jeter defensively.

Jeter is the most overrated player I have seen in my lifetime. He is a very good hitter, he is a clutch hitter, he is a smart player, and he is a good baserunner. However, I wouldn't consider him great at any of those. You can't knock what Jeter does at the plate, but he has always benefited from having great lineups around him. Take him out of New York, remove the hype, and he is regarded as a speedy Frank Catalanotto.

The thing that bothers me the most is the gold gloves. Jeter is one of the worst defensive shortstops in the AL. When you put a defensive liability at SS, a very important position, that takes a little away from the great average he gives you. Countless clowns believe the ESPN hype and talk about how great he is defensively, and it is a joke. He may not make a lot of errors, but he gets to next to nothing. Giving Jeter a gold glove stripped the award of the last ounce of credibility it had. Giving it to him a second time made it a complete joke; just as trivial as the Viewers' Choice Awards.

Derek Jeter is a very good hitter. He is a very good hitter in a great lineup, who has average power for his position and is very poor defensively. You would be dumb to say he is a horrible player, but you would be just as dumb to argue that he deserves an MVP.

thomas35forever
10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
:threadsucks

LuvSox
10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
It's understandable that this would be a link from a Jays fan board. There is more distance between the White Sox and the Yankees. Not so for Toronto fans, who suffer the annual humiliation of seeing half their dome filled with Yankee fans whenever New York is in town. Think about how much Cubbie crap most of you are exposed to on a regular basis. In Toronto, it's mostly Yankee crap. There are far more "NY" hats worn around this city than there are Jays hats.

Toronto will win the East next year.

If the Sox aren't in it, I will be a new BJ fan.

TaylorStSox
10-05-2006, 10:59 PM
IMO, Jeter's a good barometer to judge baseball fans. If somebody tells you that he's a good defensive SS, then either they don't know baseball or they don't watch the game. He's like Durham defensively. He has good speed, but it's like he's running through mud. He just doesn't have any range.

Offensively, the only guy I'd like better in the 2 hole is Ichiro.

Also, the whole Arod to 3rd is a joke. Alex Rodriguez is the second best 5 tool player I've ever seen (behind Griffey). How on earth could Jeter allow himself to play SS when he knows that moving to 3rd would be best for the team? That's not a leader IMO. Sure, the Yankees have a good shot to win it all again. They'd be even better with Arod at SS and Jeter at 3rd.

I don't hate Jeter. It does boggle my mind that he's so popular though. He's a poor man's Barry Larkin IMO.

Oblong
10-06-2006, 07:27 AM
I think Jeter's the most overrated and underrated player in baseball. Those who love him overrate him and those who hate him underrate him.

Unregistered
10-06-2006, 09:39 AM
If the Sox aren't in it, I will be a new BJ fan.http://members.aol.com/greg51090/images/quagmire.jpg

D. TODD
10-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Almost all of the reasons given, seem like pure jealousy. Hate him because he is good, and has had a tremendous amount of success. I in no way hate Jeter, I would love him on the Sox, but I'm not a fan either. The writer of this has way too much envy or Jeter, he probably cries himself to sleep every night wishing he was him.

fquaye149
10-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Almost all of the reasons given, seem like pure jealousy. Hate him because he is good, and has had a tremendous amount of success. I in no way hate Jeter, I would love him on the Sox, but I'm not a fan either. The writer of this has way too much envy or Jeter, he probably cries himself to sleep every night wishing he was him.

Some of the reasons that seem like "jealousy" were tongue in cheek, but there's a lot of legitimate baseball arguments in there, like for instance, that Jeter is a pretty below avg SS.

LuvSox
10-06-2006, 11:20 AM
http://members.aol.com/greg51090/images/quagmire.jpg

Thank you, I'll be here all week! :redneck

caulfield12
10-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Reason #101

New Movado watch commercial.

Derek Jeter, "Humanitarian...Leader...Athlete"

Give me a freakin' break.

podsednikchick
10-07-2006, 10:50 PM

I always have to laugh at all of the people who "hate" Derek Jeter. I like the guy, and actually, he's my favorite player in baseball. He does many things that simply don't show up in the box scores (not that I find him to be sub-par). A career .317 hitter. He's a leader on and off the field. Shows up to play (hard) every single day and doesn't give up until the very last out. Always shows up bigtime in the postseason. Etc, I could go on and on, and I'm sure you've heard it all before. Simply, if you "hate" him, you hate him, and there's not much I can say to convince someone otherwise.

Sox Fan 35
10-07-2006, 11:22 PM
I would take him over Uribe any day.

SOXSINCE'70
10-07-2006, 11:34 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

shoelessshaun27!
10-08-2006, 07:06 AM

Yeah. I didn't want to read the whole thing. Good article but just many opinions I think. I like Jeter.

cbotnyse
10-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Just saw an interview and Jeter said a very smart thing. "you dont win games on paper."

well said Derek, well said. get a clue, Yankees.

Justagirl
10-08-2006, 12:37 PM
10. His middle name is Sanderson

And to think I ever respected the guy...:?:

slobes
10-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Some of those are true.
Some of those are funny.
A lot of them are a stretch. I really couldn't care less if he was originally from New Jersey.

One thing though. I didn't realize he's already played in 23 post season series. To quote Run Burgandy: "I'm not even mad. That's amazing!"

Chips
10-08-2006, 04:57 PM
10. His middle name is Sanderson

That's a really good reason to hate somebody. :rolleyes:

WSox597
10-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Not even the best shortstop on his own team

That's my favorite. I don't even hate the guy, well except for my all-around hatred for all things Noo Yawk.

Of course, if somehow Alex Rodriguez made it here to the Sox, I'd manage to forget all about where he came from.

goon
10-08-2006, 05:06 PM
That's my favorite. I don't even hate the guy, well except for my all-around hatred for all things Noo Yawk.

Of course, if somehow Alex Rodriguez made it here to the Sox, I'd manage to forget all about where he came from.

i like alex more than i like jeter.

Myrtle72
10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
That's a really good reason to hate somebody. :rolleyes:

Same with:

9. Born in 1974
18. The body armour
23. Originally from New Jersey (is this one even true?)
32. Top step dugout Cheerleading
34. Gum chewing

All of these I think are silly reasons to hate someone. But hey, it's just my opinion. And then I stoped reading after that...

Justagirl
10-08-2006, 05:42 PM

Yes

Myrtle72
10-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes

I thought I heard them announcing that he grew up in Detroit or something during the ALDS. I'm guessing that he was born in NJ?

:dunno:

Justagirl
10-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I thoug this either until I ght I heard them announcing that he grew up in Detroit or something during the ALDS. I'm guessing that he was born in NJ?

:dunno:
http://derekjeter.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/players/jeter_derek/about/bio.jsp
I didnt know until today either.

fquaye149
10-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Same with:

9. Born in 1974
18. The body armour
32. Top step dugout Cheerleading
34. Gum chewing

All of these I think are silly reasons to hate someone. But hey, it's just my opinion. And then I stoped reading after that...

It's a joke.

Myrtle72
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM
It's a joke.

Really!?

fquaye149
10-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Really!?

Really. No teal. Of course they're silly reasons to hate someone. It's a joke. Kind of like how Homer Simpson hates Flanders.

Justagirl
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
It's a joke.
Obviously that was his intention. But since I didnt even chuckle while reading that article, I find more humor in making fun of the author. His jokes are boring. IMO.

Cuck_The_Fubs
10-10-2006, 06:35 PM
i really dont mind the yankees, and i do like Jeter. So, i didnt understand the whole point of that article :cool: