PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas 500th

Tekijawa
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM
With the White Sox playing the A's on May 21-23 it's really a possibility that Frank could Slam his 500th here on the south side. Seeing as how I'm in section 159 for my season tickets I think I'd like to see that!

Baby Fisk
10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Before he does it, he will foul off about 14 pitches in the direction of Kenny's box. People in the vicinity will start scrambling for their lives. :cool:

cleanwsox
10-05-2006, 11:28 AM
He has to sign a contract with the A's first. I think Kenny has his eye on him though.

RKMeibalane
10-05-2006, 11:29 AM
He has to sign a contract with the A's first. I think Kenny has his eye on him though.

I don't think there's any question he's back in Oakland next season. Frank has said that he "wants to usher in a new era of A's baseball," and that he really likes playing in the Bay Area. Add to that the fact that his teammates, the fans, and the media love him, and there's no reason why he'd go somewhere else.

soxfan80
10-05-2006, 12:28 PM
cant we engineer a one day trade to get frank to hit 500 in a sox uniform?

October26
10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
cant we engineer a one day trade to get frank to hit 500 in a sox uniform?

I like the way you think. :smile: You got a little Bill Veeck in you, huh?

goon
10-05-2006, 04:41 PM
With the White Sox playing the A's on May 21-23 it's really a possibility that Frank could Slam his 500th here on the south side. Seeing as how I'm in section 159 for my season tickets I think I'd like to see that!

hopefully he isn't limited to a wheel chair by that time.

eriqjaffe
10-05-2006, 05:23 PM
hopefully he isn't limited to a wheel chair by that time.Frank is powerful enough that he could probably still park a few from a wheelchair.

He'd run about as fast, too! :wink:

The Dude
10-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Yeah especially if it's a game winning HR!:rolleyes:

I understand the Frank love but why as a Sox fan do you want this man to kill us more than he already did this season?:?: Why not wish him to hit 500 at a different park against a division opponent?

RKMeibalane
10-05-2006, 05:34 PM
hopefully he isn't limited to a wheel chair by that time.

:rolleyes:

goon
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM

you're right. crutches.

nasox
10-05-2006, 06:05 PM
you're right. crutches.

RKMeibalane
10-05-2006, 06:16 PM
you're right. crutches.

Welcome to my ignore list.

chisoxmike
10-05-2006, 08:08 PM

I understand the Frank love but why as a Sox fan do you want this man to kill us more than he already did this season?:?: Why not wish him to hit 500 at a different park against a division opponent?

Like the Twins at their ****ty dome so all the Twins fans can see!!

:supernana:

Arkham
10-05-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't think there's too much question that Frank will be back in white shoes again next year. There's just not that many teams that are a good fit for him. First, he can't play in the field, so that eliminates the National League. Second, at this point, Frank doesn't have the time to waste on clubs that aren't going to contend, so eliminate Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Kansas City, Seattle and probably Texas. Toronto and the Twinkies are eliminated because no way he chooses to play half his games in a dome. That leaves seven teams. Thome, Hafner, Ortiz and Giambi take four of those teams off the board. Marcus Thames is a serviceable and cheap option for the Kittens. So who's left? The Angels and the A's.

And in case anyone had forgotten, Barry Bonds, who lives near Los Angeles, is trying to get a job as well.

Frank'll get more money than he got this year, and probably in a 2-year deal, but without any other bidders, his price will stay cheap enough for the A's to pay. (I'd guess around $5M/year)

champagne030
10-05-2006, 11:04 PM

Just like early in this season, two Frank HR's and a Sox win.

Seriously, as a Sox fan, you dream to catch the 500 career homer from Frank and see a White Sox winner.

ondafarm
10-06-2006, 12:22 AM

:worship:

goon
10-06-2006, 12:26 AM

:whiner:

usted es muy sensible!

oh wait, you probably just ignored that. it's difficult for me to watch frank hobble on the basepaths. i hope he gets 500, goes to the hall of fame and lives a very healthy life AFTER baseball, IMHO.

TDog
10-06-2006, 01:50 AM

Amen. I remember when White Sox fans used to support the White Sox.

Tekijawa
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM

Seriously, as a Sox fan, you dream to catch the 500 career homer from Frank and see a White Sox winner.
Agreed 100%

TDog
10-06-2006, 06:04 PM

Or the series in Oakland when Frank Thomas pretty much knocked the White Sox out of postseason contention. But I imagine it was bittersweet, seeing how it was Frank Thomas that beat the Sox in Oakland.