BP:(7)
MR Glover
MR Wunsch
MR Ginter
MR Osuna
MR Barcelo
S/U Howry
CL Foulke

I think Howry will be gone before ST is over.

VeeckAsInWreck
03-01-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by daver

Where do you think he'll go and who could we get for him? :?:

Jerry_Manuel
03-01-2002, 08:41 PM

If Evans wants him bad enough, he'll take Clayton as well.

Daver
03-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

Where do you think he'll go and who could we get for him? :?:

I would look here. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7918)

baggio202
03-01-2002, 08:44 PM
era's from the bullpen from last year(your guys)
ginter 5.22
wunsch 7.66
glover 4.93
osuna 20.77
barcelo 4.71
howry 4.69
foulke 2.33

combined 17-20 with a 4.70 era

thats definately a concern with me on this team....foulke is..imo..the best closer in the game...but can we get him the ball with the lead?????...take away foulke and the bullpen era is 5.42

i know some of the era's are inflated because guys were pitching hurt but still...they have to prove they are back or could easily have the same problems...lots of question marks in our bullpen

doublem23
03-01-2002, 08:46 PM
OK, the only thing about that list is that the only two players who didn't have their season ended by surgery were in the first MLB season, so I'm not really worried.

The 'pen should be solid. I'm more worried about the starters.

Jerry_Manuel
03-01-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Bench:(4)

Utl Graffanino
OF Rowand
C Johnson
OF/IF Harris

I see Simmons making the team over Harris. Liefer is also going to be on the team.

AsInWreck
03-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

nice quote

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 08:59 PM
I still don't like Osuna in the set up role. I'll bet that's where they put him to start.

Jerry_Manuel
03-01-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I still don't like Osuna in the set up role. I'll bet that's where they put him to start.

Howry is the set up man as of now. However, as we all know he may not be here for long.

Pete_SSAC
03-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Howry is the set up man as of now. However, as we all know he may not be here for long.

Espically if Glover and Wright struggle in ST. Now, the only problem with Gagne I have is that he seems tooo.... Kip-ish.

:kipper
"Ha HA! You thought you could get rid of me, but I will ALWAYS come back!! Mwahahahahaha!"

- Pete

czalgosz
03-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Espically if Glover and Wright struggle in ST. Now, the only problem with Gagne I have is that he seems tooo.... Kip-ish.

:kipper
"Ha HA! You thought you could get rid of me, but I will ALWAYS come back!! Mwahahahahaha!"

- Pete

Gagne is twice the pitcher Kip Wells is.

longshot7
03-01-2002, 10:12 PM

If Evans wants him bad enough, he'll take Clayton as well.

guys, it's not gonna happen. the dodgers don't need clayton nor do they want him. we'll take our chances without howry.

longshot7
03-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Gagne is twice the pitcher Kip Wells is.

I'd disagree with that too - he hasn't proven otherwise, yet.

the road to baseball hell is paved with the potentials of unproven prospects. say that three times fast.

WinningUgly!
03-02-2002, 01:28 AM

I see Simmons making the team over Harris. Liefer is also going to be on the team.

I agree with you on Liefer, but if Simmons makes the team over Harris I'll crap a big shiney golden brick. Harris brings so much more to the table...

Soxheads
03-02-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I agree with you on Liefer, but if Simmons makes the team over Harris I'll crap a big shiney golden brick. Harris brings so much more to the table...

Send me this brick, so I will be rich.

Daver
03-02-2002, 01:38 AM

Is it his inability to pick up a fly ball,or his lack of experience at 2b
that leads you to beleive this?Harris will porbably make a good infielder,but he needs to spend some time working on it.

MaggPipes
03-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Man, i knew there was someone i couldn't remember. I know Liefer will make the team.....

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2002, 12:12 PM

Simmons is the better option. Harris needs to be playing everyday and he'll get that in Charlotte. Simmons can pinch run as well.

I think the spot should go to Simmons, but it wouldn't surprise me if Harris got it.

WinningUgly!
03-02-2002, 12:34 PM

Is it his inability to pick up a fly ball,or his lack of experience at 2b
that leads you to beleive this?Harris will porbably make a good infielder,but he needs to spend some time working on it.

No it has more to do with Simmons' inability to reach 1st base at the major league level. I don't understand why we picked him back up. Plus Harris has one of KW & JM's favorite things going for him...versatility!
:versatile
"As long as you can do a few different things around here, there's a place for you. Nobody said you have to be good at any of them!"

WinningUgly!
03-02-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Send me this brick, so I will be rich.

Ok, you have 1st dibs at it. I'll "pass it" on to you. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2002, 12:37 PM
No it has more to do with Simmons' inability to reach 1st base at the major league level. I don't understand why we picked him back up.

He's not going to be starting many if any games. Rowand's going to get his starts and Simmons could be used as pinch runner and late inning replacement. Harris needs to play everyday, and he's not going to be able to do that with the Sox.

WinningUgly!
03-02-2002, 12:40 PM

Simmons is the better option. Harris needs to be playing everyday and he'll get that in Charlotte. Simmons can pinch run as well.

I think the spot should go to Simmons, but it wouldn't surprise me if Harris got it.

I just don't like Simmons. He's barely a better option than a cardboard cutout at the plate. I'll agree that he's a fine pinch runner & defensive replacement.

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2002, 12:53 PM
I'll agree that he's a fine pinch runner & defensive replacement.

That's all he needs to be. Rowand is going to get any starts that Simmons would be getting if Rowand wasn't on the team.