PDA

View Full Version : And some thought Sox message boards were bad?

caulfield12
10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-twins&msg=23060.1&ctx=0

These guys take the cake. I would love to have Gardenhire as manager. Then someone suggested Showalter take his place? Priceless. If only that were to happen, I would feel much better about next season. It's funny how Twins fans always jump over Gardenhire for the playoff losses but never Ryan, who constructs teams that can win in the regular season but fall short in the playoffs consistently.

I'm sure they would also love to have Liriano in their rotation. In all fairiness, they have a GREAT organization that gets by on limited resources. As I said, they couldn't have done anything differently besides trading prospects for another veteran starter and Soriano/Lee at the break. Even then, it probably would have been foolish, there's no way you can replace a talent like Liriano in the rotation. I think they were doomed to go down the minute he was lost. The amazing thing is that they continued to pull away from the Sox and almost caught DET without him AND Radke.

The Twins had a legit chance to win it all with both those pitchers, but now it seems to be going down the drain.

Scottzilla
10-04-2006, 08:06 PM
oh i went on one of those forums once after i got sick of some bullying that i saw going on here. it is nothing but ' your team sucks' garbage

soxinem1
10-04-2006, 10:16 PM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-twins&msg=23060.1&ctx=0

These guys take the cake. I would love to have Gardenhire as manager. Then someone suggested Showalter take his place? Priceless. If only that were to happen, I would feel much better about next season. It's funny how Twins fans always jump over Gardenhire for the playoff losses but never Ryan, who constructs teams that can win in the regular season but fall short in the playoffs consistently.

I'm sure they would also love to have Liriano in their rotation. In all fairiness, they have a GREAT organization that gets by on limited resources. As I said, they couldn't have done anything differently besides trading prospects for another veteran starter and Soriano/Lee at the break. Even then, it probably would have been foolish, there's no way you can replace a talent like Liriano in the rotation. I think they were doomed to go down the minute he was lost. The amazing thing is that they continued to pull away from the Sox and almost caught DET without him AND Radke.

The Twins had a legit chance to win it all with both those pitchers, but now it seems to be going down the drain.

Sounds a lot like bandwagon, uninformed fans. Sox-twins rivalry aside, I think Gardenhire made a run for MOY. Leyland may have built a great staff, but the Gardenhire looked like a ER doctor with all the bandaids they administered. If the Sox would have lost FOUR starters to injury or AAA demotion, they'd have been battling CLE in the standings.

Remember when the Twins rotation, other than Santana, couldn't give up less than six runs a game from April to June?

They should also not throw in the towel so fast. OAK has blown several 2-0 series leads this decade. At least stick with your team until they are out, right?

PorkChopExpress
10-05-2006, 09:04 AM
The amazing thing is that they continued to pull away from the Sox and almost caught DET without him AND Radke.

Actually they did catch DET, and took the division on the last day.:cool:

And as far as those MLB boards go, there are some pretty low class posters there that give all teams' fans a bad name. I peruse them now and then, and I am embarrassed by some of the Sox "fans" that post there. And every year, the Twins fans are calling for Gardy's head along with several others. Like I said in another thread, the Twins actually put together a pretty good team this year, and no one is to blame for their playoff problems so far except Frank, and maybe an overzealous Torii. But if they don't want Gardenhire any more, fine, I'm sure there are at least five teams that would take him in a heartbeat. Could you imagine Gardenhire on the Northside?

caulfield12
10-05-2006, 09:07 AM

And as far as those MLB boards go, there are some pretty low class posters there that give all teams' fans a bad name. I peruse them now and then, and I am embarrassed by some of the Sox "fans" that post there. And every year, the Twins fans are calling for Gardy's head along with several others. Like I said in another thread, the Twins actually put together a pretty good team this year, and no one is to blame for their playoff problems so far except Frank, and maybe an overzealous Torii. But if they don't want Gardenhire any more, fine, I'm sure there are at least five teams that would take him in a heartbeat. Could you imagine Gardenhire on the Northside?

I think a healthy Torii Hunter from 2 years ago makes that play...unfortunately, he's not willing to change his style of play to accommodate his physical limitations since returning from his foot problems.

About 75-80% of the time in the second half that he makes a dive or leap for a ball, he's come up well short.

caulfield12
10-05-2006, 09:08 AM

Well, what I meant was that Liriano and Radke only came back for one start each the final six weeks and they caught the Tigers with four rookies and near 6 ERA Carlos Silva. Didn't Silva come close to leading the league in homers surrendered?