PDA

View Full Version : Funny..but these playoffs are dull..

tony1972
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Normally I like the playoffs even if the Sox aren't in it because I love baseball so much...

However, I don't know if it is just a contrast to the excitement of 2005..but so far this is boring..I will probably watch Lost tonight instead and miss my first ever primetime MLB game...

Does anyone else feel this way? (and the prize goes to the first "THERE WAS ALREADY A THREAD ON THIS !!!" :D: )

October26
10-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. Yes, I find them boring as well.

Besides rooting for Frank, I'm not too interested in the games. And this is coming from a person who loves baseball and loves the White Sox.

I do like the Gameday threads because I feel like I am connecting with other Sox fans.

I guess we are having White Sox withdrawal. :(:

SOXintheBURGH
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Me and my girlfriend were totally into the Yankees/Kittens game last night, and we're gonna do it again tonight.

It's still baseball, and its still the playoffs. I've been pretty geeked up for the FOBB series too.

*shrug*

I guess I'm not as big a Sox fan as everyone else. :rolleyes:

samram
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Me and my girlfriend were totally into the Yankees/Kittens game last night, and we're gonna do it again tonight.

It's still baseball, and its still the playoffs. I've been pretty geeked up for the FOBB series too.

*shrug*

I guess I'm not as big a Sox fan as everyone else. :rolleyes:

I was into that game too, but I find these playoffs kind of dull because I just think no one is really going to challenge NY. It's like 1998 and 1999 again when you're just waiting for the inevitable Yankees WS victory and then the offseason starts.

D. TODD
10-04-2006, 02:55 PM
They're certinly not boring in the cities that are involved. I think it is about the same as any other year. I heard that boring trash about last years playoffs and world series, and it was anything but for us Sox fans! I didn't catch any of the day games, but Yanks/Tigers game was pretty good.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2006, 02:58 PM
There has been one day of post season baseball and 25% of the teams haven't even played yet. Only 7%-12% of all potential games have been played.

I would say it is a bit premature to categorize this season's playoffs as "boring".

Madvora
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Only 3 total games have been played to this moment and we already get one of these threads?

TDog
10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I was into that game too, but I find these playoffs kind of dull because I just think no one is really going to challenge NY. It's like 1998 and 1999 again when you're just waiting for the inevitable Yankees WS victory and then the offseason starts.

The scary thing is that I feel the Yankees may not lose a game in this postseason. I would like in the future to have people mention the 11-1 postseason 2000 Yankees and the 2005 White Sox in the same breath, just as I like hearing Bobby Thigpen mentioned whenever a relief pitcher is racking up saves at an impressive rate.

I think the Sox team that was playing in May or June could beat the Yankees, but because the August and September Sox were only beating themselves, the point is moot.

downstairs
10-04-2006, 04:52 PM
New York, New York, LA... no one but residents of those cities want to see them win. Problem is they haven't won so much lately that you LOVE to see them lose. Its just plain bad for baseball that they're dominating from the two largest markets in the US.

Padres couldn't bore me more, even though they've never won it all. Because they never will.

Twins were always going to and now obviously will lose in the first round. Never any use rooting for them.

Tigers are an exciting story, but most likely cannot compete against New York. So why even root for them

St. Louis I like, but it'll only be exciting to see them win it all. If they make it to the world series and lose- so what. They've done that quite a bit.

I also like Oakland. Sue me. I'm a FOBB.

Baby Fisk
10-04-2006, 04:59 PM
The Tigers-Skankees game was boring as hell. I only paid attention when A-Rod was at bat, to watch him choke again.

SOXintheBURGH
10-04-2006, 05:01 PM
The Tigers-Skankees game was boring as hell. I only paid attention when A-Rod was at bat, to watch him choke again.

I named my new drug pipe referenced in your thread about big spenders "Giambi" after his homer.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Baseball and dull should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Baseball playoffs and dull is blaspheme.

The Oakland vs. Minnesota series has been excellent and the Mets game today is a nail biter.

Of course you were more excited with the White Sox in it last year but these playoffs are as exciting as ever, IMO.

1998 was the last season which I found the playoffs to be disappointing compared to other seasons (Skankees sweep of San Diego - the ALDS and ALCS were also not as exciting as usual).

buehrle4cy05
10-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm not particulary interested in the Tigers/Yankees series, but I'm following all the other ones closely. The Dodgers/Mets game today has been awesome and the first 2 games of the A's/Twins series have been great.

I'm enjoying the playoffs because it's great baseball.

23Ventura
10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
I think the American League playoffs are exciting. I'm rooting for Frank and the A's to beat the Twins, and of course, I'm rooting against the Yankees, although they'll probably win it all. The NL however, I don't care about at all. I wish they could just give the Mets the pennant. It would be a shame if one of the other NL teams ended up getting it because they're really aren't that good at all.

caulfield12
10-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm not particulary interested in the Tigers/Yankees series, but I'm following all the other ones closely. The Dodgers/Mets game today has been awesome and the first 2 games of the A's/Twins series have been great.

I'm enjoying the playoffs because it's great baseball.

Except for Torii Hunter, lol.

HotelWhiteSox
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Has been the same for me as other years with no Sox