PDA

View Full Version : Anyone surprised NY/DET takes precedence

caulfield12
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
over Dodgers/Mets?

I guess they know what they're doing and that the Yankees always trump TWO major media markets in one game...

Or maybe nobody wants to insult the Yanks, lol?

samram
10-04-2006, 03:18 PM
It's really silly that A's fans have to watch two games starting at 10 AM just so two EST teams can play in prime time. Plus, now fans in LA have a 1 PM game. The Tigers-Yanks series was perfectly made to fit into the TV schedule, but no, Fox can't possibly not get them in primetime.

Fenway
10-04-2006, 03:18 PM
No shock FOX picked NYY last night as they make a killing selling local ad time on WNYW, FOX 5 in NY.

jenn2080
10-04-2006, 03:20 PM
:worship: Yankees

:puking: :puking:

itsnotrequired
10-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Its all about the time zones. Which one makes more sense to broadcast in prime time? A game where both teams are in the same division (one of which has the largest market share in the country) or a game where teams are on opposite ends of the country? This is a no-brainer to choose Yankees-Tigers.

I wonder when they will air the games if it ends up being a Yankees-Dodgers or Athletics-Mets WS? There is a four hour difference between the cities.

samram
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Its all about the time zones. Which one makes more sense to broadcast in prime time? A game where both teams are in the same division (one of which has the largest market share in the country) or a game where teams are on opposite ends of the country? This is a no-brainer to choose Yankees-Tigers.

I wonder when they will air the games if it ends up being a Yankees-Dodgers or Athletics-Mets WS? There is a four hour difference between the cities.

It's only a three hour difference but it's still an interesting question. Would they really make Dodgers, Padres, or A's fans watch games starting at 5 PM? On the other hand, would they be willing to push games back to 9 EST? My guess is Fox will figure their ratings will be better by satisfying east coasters.

Fenway
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
It's only a three hour difference but it's still an interesting question. Would they really make Dodgers, Padres, or A's fans watch games starting at 5 PM? On the other hand, would they be willing to push games back to 9 EST? My guess is Fox will figure their ratings will be better by satisfying east coasters.

World Series starts on Eastern Time PERIOD

2002 Anaheim/Frisco they all started at 8:20 EDT

SOXintheBURGH
10-04-2006, 03:57 PM

Why is it that this guy is the only person to ever get it. Thank you, kind sir.

itsnotrequired
10-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Why is it that this guy is the only person to ever get it. Thank you, kind sir.

I'm a PE.:redneck

But fenway is right, even if both teams are on the west coast, the games will still start in eastern prime time.

Just imagine the people in Hawaii. I was in the Honolulu airport watching the final game of the 2003 World Series...at 3:00 in the afternoon.