PDA

View Full Version : Q&A item about Organ Music

Hitmen77
10-04-2006, 12:42 PM
The new Cubs president had a interesting Q&A item in the Trib today.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-061003cubsqna,1,7598938.story?page=2&coll=chi-sportstop-hed

Organ music is being replaced by recorded music and sound effects in more and more ballparks. Are there any plans to reduce organist Gary Pressey's playing time?

Part of what is Wrigley Field, and part of the presentation here, does include organ music. I think it's another element that's just different here. Here at Wrigley Field, I think people enjoy the organ. We've had a lot of compliments on Gary, a lot of compliments on the organ music. I've never had a letter from a fan or a remark that would say, 'Kill the organ music.' I don't anticipate any changes.

This is the only thing that I agree with the Cubs on. I think McDonough is right about this. I wish Sox personnel weren't convinced that blasting recorded music at loud levels is the way to go.

bryPt
10-04-2006, 01:17 PM
We took a questioniare at our last Sox game and one of the questions was about "More Nancy, yes or no?" The also asked about the music, "Bad or Good?"

So, yes, the Sox are aware. The guy asking the questions said that the majority wanted more Nancy, and let piped in musak.