PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Cellular promo Sox cards

BainesHOF
10-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I stumbled across the Garland and Baines oversized promo baseball cards at the U.S. Cellular store at the park in September. I was wondering if any other cards of players/coaches were issued during the season.

They look pretty sharp. The front features a picture and some graphics and the back features career stats just like a normal baseball card. It's attached to an ad of the same size promoting a cell phone deal. You can separate the card from the ad at a perforation, though hard-core collectors might want to keep the whole piece intact. The baseball card itself is about 4 x 5 inches.

LuvSox
10-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I got the same cards at a game in September.

BainesHOF
10-10-2006, 04:10 PM
No one else saw cards of any more players? Hmmm. I think the Baines and Garland cards are especially rare then. I think they may have been produced in conjunction with both players making an in-store September appearance.

digdagdug23
10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Let me think, I believe it was the July, 19-inning-game-from-hell with the Sawx where they gave out cards.........AJ, Buehrle, JD, Thome, and I forget the other one, they were put in a box and stored with the kids' memorabilia, and I am not going looking for them, but I am almost positive they were from Nike.

Brian26
10-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Let me think, I believe it was the July, 19-inning-game-from-hell with the Sawx where they gave out cards.........AJ, Buehrle, JD, Thome, and I forget the other one, they were put in a box and stored with the kids' memorabilia, and I am not going looking for them, but I am almost positive they were from Nike.

You're correct, the Nike cards were given out on the 19-inning Sunday game vs. Boston.

BainesHOF is talking about a different product. They were oversized promo cards...bigger than a typical baseball card.

jongarlandlover
10-10-2006, 10:53 PM
awww man. i've never seen those before. i soooooo want a garland one!