PDA

View Full Version : His HOF career continues

CLR01
03-01-2002, 04:39 PM
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Chris Singleton struck a three-run homer and seven Baltimore pitchers teamed on a fiver-hitter Thursday night as the Orioles blanked Montreal, 3-0, in the Grapefruit League opener for both teams.

Right-handers Jason Johnson and Sidney Ponson, two anchors of the Birds' rotation, each pitched two innings. Jorge Julio, Sean Runyan, Chris Brock, Juan Rosario and Willis Roberts finished up with a frame apiece.

Singleton took care of all the scoring on a frigid night, by south Florida standards, by yanking a fastball from Scott Strickland into the right-field bleachers in the third inning with two men on.

The Baltimore defense backed its pitchers by turning three double plays.

cheeses_h_rice
03-01-2002, 04:46 PM
:slowswing

I'm gonna make you suckahs PAY!!! for what you did to me!

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-01-2002, 04:55 PM
:gun
"Hey, anyone can a good spring training."

CubKilla
03-02-2002, 02:02 AM
HOF? Gimme a break.

WinningUgly!
03-02-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Chris Singleton struck a three-run homer and seven Baltimore pitchers teamed on a fiver-hitter Thursday night as the Orioles blanked Montreal, 3-0, in the Grapefruit League opener for both teams.

Right-handers Jason Johnson and Sidney Ponson, two anchors of the Birds' rotation, each pitched two innings. Jorge Julio, Sean Runyan, Chris Brock, Juan Rosario and Willis Roberts finished up with a frame apiece.

Singleton took care of all the scoring on a frigid night, by south Florida standards, by yanking a fastball from Scott Strickland into the right-field bleachers in the third inning with two men on.

The Baltimore defense backed its pitchers by turning three double plays.

SINGLETON PROPAGANDA ALERT!!!!!!

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
HOF? Gimme a break.

I think CLR01 was being sarcastic.