PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris


Soxboyrob
03-01-2002, 05:20 PM
I don't know about this guy.
Farmer and Rooney have pretty much subtley been on this guy's case for most of the afternoon. While playing 2nd base, a grounder was hit right past him but he never saw it, and thus, didn't ever react. It was a routine grounder per the announcers.

While playing CF, he misplayed a flyball and let it fall in front of him for a single. Shortly thereafter, Farmer noted that although he's playing in the outfield, he clearly has a second baseman's arm. I thought his throwing was one of his best assets.

FarWestChicago
03-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
While playing 2nd base, a grounder was hit right past him but he never saw it, and thus, didn't ever react. It was a routine grounder per the announcers.
:ray

Hell, I can do that...quite often...

Daver
03-01-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
I don't know about this guy.
Farmer and Rooney have pretty much subtley been on this guy's case for most of the afternoon. While playing 2nd base, a grounder was hit right past him but he never saw it, and thus, didn't ever react. It was a routine grounder per the announcers.

While playing CF, he misplayed a flyball and let it fall in front of him for a single. Shortly thereafter, Farmer noted that although he's playing in the outfield, he clearly has a second baseman's arm. I thought his throwing was one of his best assets.

No,it was his speed and his attitude,he is more suited to infeild than outfield.

Huisj
03-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Farmer also noted that on a fly ball into center field, harris got a really bad break and let it drop in front of him. that's not too good . . .

and jason dellaero just made another error. that has nothing to do with this post, but it happened as i was typing, so i thought i'd mention it.

kermittheefrog
03-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by daver


No,it was his speed and his attitude,he is more suited to infeild than outfield.

Actually Daver he says he prefers the outfield and his defensive stats are better as an outfielder according to BP2k2. The Orioles moved him around not knowing where he was best but their whole organization seems as if it's run by a decapitated chicken.

Daver
03-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog


Actually Daver he says he prefers the outfield and his defensive stats are better as an outfielder according to BP2k2. The Orioles moved him around not knowing where he was best but their whole organization seems as if it's run by a decapitated chicken.

A headless chicken would dod a better job.I have read a couple scouting reprts on Harris,and all of them say that he is more suitable as an infielder than an outfielder,regardless of where he wants to play.Lack of arm is the reason for it.

kermittheefrog
03-01-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by daver


A headless chicken would dod a better job.I have read a couple scouting reprts on Harris,and all of them say that he is more suitable as an infielder than an outfielder,regardless of where he wants to play.Lack of arm is the reason for it.

Outfield arms tend to be overrated. I get the jist the scouts don't like to see him throw but his speed makes up for it whereas at second he just doesn't have the footwork down.

FarWestChicago
03-01-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog


Outfield arms tend to be overrated. I get the jist the scouts don't like to see him throw but his speed makes up for it whereas at second he just doesn't have the footwork down. :ray

I'll just take him under my wing and show him a little something about footwork at second base.

Daver
03-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog


Outfield arms tend to be overrated. I get the jist the scouts don't like to see him throw but his speed makes up for it whereas at second he just doesn't have the footwork down.

Judging from today he is not that great at tracking a fly ball off the bat either.

Enjoy Charlotte Willie.They have a nice speedway.

LongDistanceFan
03-01-2002, 07:32 PM
this may sound stupid, but was todays game on tv???

Jerry_Manuel
03-01-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
this may sound stuoid, but was todays game on tv???

No.

LongDistanceFan
03-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


No. who played ss and how did they do? did hummel paly?

Jerry_Manuel
03-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
who played ss and how did they do? did hummel paly?

Royce started at short and Delaero played the rest of the way. Hummel came in the game as a pinch runner and played 2nd. Harris started the game at 2nd and moved to center when Hummel came in.

LongDistanceFan
03-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Royce started at short and Delaero played the rest of the way. Hummel came in the game as a pinch runner and played 2nd. Harris started the game at 2nd and moved to center when Hummel came in. thanks

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by daver


Judging from today he is not that great at tracking a fly ball off the bat either.

Enjoy Charlotte Willie.They have a nice speedway.

You really think so?

:KW
"I will force him on you like i did with Julio and Osuna to show i did good."

RedPinStripes
03-01-2002, 09:19 PM
:osuna
"Look at me. I'm 28."

duke of dorwood
03-02-2002, 12:14 AM
I agree with Daver. They should find out what he can do, IN CHARLOTTE. I'm not for another Julio/Choice thing where we go 14-29 again trying to have an infielder in the outfield. If he was such an outfield prospect, why did Baltimore trade him for another centerfielder?

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I agree with Daver. They should find out what he can do, IN CHARLOTTE. I'm not for another Julio/Choice thing where we go 14-29 again trying to have an infielder in the outfield. If he was such an outfield prospect, why did Baltimore trade him for another centerfielder?

If he makes the team he's not going to start. He's different from Juilo, you can bench Singleton for a guy like Juilo, but your not benching Lofton for Wee Willy. Same goes for Durham.

As Kermit said earlier today, the Orioles are being runned by idiots.

Daver
03-02-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


If he makes the team he's not going to start. He's different from Juilo, you can bench Singleton for a guy like Juilo, but your not benching Lofton for Wee Willy. Same goes for Durham.

As Kermit said earlier today, the Orioles are being runned by idiots.

Welcome to Charlotte Willie,we have a nice speedway...........

doublem23
03-02-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
As Kermit said earlier today, the Orioles are being runned by idiots.

I wonder what that's like.

:reinsy :KW

Jerry_Manuel
03-02-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I wonder what that's like.


I'd still rather have our guys.

kermittheefrog
03-02-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


I'd still rather have our guys.

I'm with Jerry. There are some badly run teams but no one can touch the Orioles. I mean what are they going to need with Marty Cordova in 3 years? Not even the D-Rays are that stupid they've at least learned from their mistakes and turned the team over to young players last year. The O's meanwhile will start Cordova, Singleton and Conine in the outfield. Stupidity at it's finest.