PDA

View Full Version : 2nd worst thing about the 06 post season

Trav
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
For me, it is having two NYC teams in the playoffs.

caulfield12
10-02-2006, 04:39 PM

I think the Mets are too dinged up and will miss Pedro's playoff brilliance...I don't think many are predicting they make it through the first two rounds.

Trav
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I think the Mets are too dinged up and will miss Pedro's playoff brilliance...I don't think many are predicting they make it through the first two rounds.

Gosh I hope they don't advance. I would rather them win than the yankees, though. But I'm still trying to get over the hype from 2000.

Baby Fisk
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Unless you like the Mets. :cool:

Trav
10-02-2006, 05:03 PM

Lucky for me David Wright is the only Met I like.

October26
10-02-2006, 05:08 PM

I do like the Mets, actually. In 2000 when Robin Ventura played for them, I was pulling for Robin to get his ring. Didn't happen, of course, and Robin never got his ring, I don't think.

The 2nd worst thing about the 06 post season will be all of the hype about the Minnesota Twins that we are going to have to endure for the duration of the time they are in the playoffs. It has already started. Let's hope it doesn't last long. I'll pop in the '05 DVD's when it gets unbearable.

Trav
10-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I do like the Mets, actually. In 2000 when Robin Ventura played for them, I was pulling for Robin to get his ring. Didn't happen, of course, and Robin never got his ring, I don't think.

The 2nd worst thing about the 06 post season will be all of the hype about the Minnesota Twins that we are going to have to endure for the duration of the time they are in the playoffs. It has already started. Let's hope it doesn't last long. I'll pop in the '05 DVD's when it gets unbearable.

I like the fact a Central team is getting talked about. A Tigers-Twins ALCS would please me very much.

cbotnyse
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I hate the Yankees. Thats all I can add to this thread.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2006, 05:29 PM
If the Twins and Tigers winning helps A-Rod never win a ring, I'm all for it:cool:

Soxfanspcu11
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I like the fact a Central team is getting talked about. A Tigers-Twins ALCS would please me very much.

And that's the silver linning(sp?) that I have been talking about with my boys. If having 3 teams in our division with 90 plus wins does not prove, without a doubt that we have the toughest division in baseball, then an all AL Central American League Championship will.

So no matter what happens, you can find the good in any possible situation and outcome.

But as an aside, I have not encountered one single person who does not believe that the AL Central is the toughest division in baseball.

Just today, between classes at my college, I ran into a friend of mine who I grew up with, and who is a DIEHARD flubs fan. He even admitted that we got jobbed by not making the playoffs. He said that even all of his flubs fans are in complete agreement that the AL Central is hands down the toughest division in baseball. He is even predicting a Minnesota/Detroit ALCS.

So, there is always something positive, even in this seemingly dark situation.:cool:

jenn2080
10-02-2006, 05:54 PM
If the Twins and Tigers winning helps A-Rod never win a ring, I'm all for it:cool:

Yup I hear that. I hate the Yankees and A Rod even more.

Lip Man 1
10-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Remember in the spring George Steinbrenner "guaranteed" the Yankees would win the World Series this season for the first time since 2000.

We'll see.

Lip

Dick Allen
10-02-2006, 07:37 PM
More than ever, I will be avoiding ESPNY at all costs over the next several weeks.