PDA

View Full Version : Relief!

bridgeportcopper
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Anyone else have that same feeling as when a terminally sick realtive finally passes on? You love that person as we all feel about the Sox yet you know that it's not working, and it's painful to watch, and when they finally go, there is a sense of relief that they are in a better place. Playoff teams are few and far between as a Sox fan, but these ones may have been ugly the way the team had been playing the last 3 months. Although our Sox aren't necessarily in a better place, we can start all over in February. Thanks for all the memories this year (Banner Night, Ring Ceremony, A.J.'s big dramatic HRs vs. Cubs & Indians, that series vs. Houston with all the grand slams....and on and on), and RIP 2006 Sox - Long Live 2007 Sox (&2005!)!

chisoxmike
10-02-2006, 03:01 PM
:supernana:

Hopefully we'll be back next year.:gulp:

AuroraSoxFan
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Won't equate it to someone dying on me. But yes, it is relieving. I always say whats done is done. So now that the season is done, can't do much else as fans but accept it for what it was and look ahead. And there is quite a lot to look ahead to if you ask me.

tony1972
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
I know exactly what you mean....

Knowing the result of something (whether the result is good or bad)..is always better than not knowing..

Then you can sit back and get on with your life after you know...once the Sox were pretty much finished..I was depressed then said "okay..time to move on.." and wait until next year....

But this 1/2 game up..1/2 game down..back and forth and back and forth and so on was really starting to wear me down.....:(:

CaptainBallz
10-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I had this same feeling of relief an hour after eating Subway's new Cajun Steak Sandwich with pepper jack cheese and pepperoncinis on it. My relief was short lived as the pain came back about 15 minutes later...

jenn2080
10-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Anyone else have that same feeling as when a terminally sick realtive finally passes on? You love that person as we all feel about the Sox yet you know that it's not working, and it's painful to watch, and when they finally go, there is a sense of relief that they are in a better place. Playoff teams are few and far between as a Sox fan, but these ones may have been ugly the way the team had been playing the last 3 months. Although our Sox aren't necessarily in a better place, we can start all over in February. Thanks for all the memories this year (Banner Night, Ring Ceremony, A.J.'s big dramatic HRs vs. Cubs & Indians, that series vs. Houston with all the grand slams....and on and on), and RIP 2006 Sox - Long Live 2007 Sox (&2005!)!

Yes when we were eliminated I felt quite a bit of relief. Lets come back next year and kick some ass.

southside rocks
10-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, I ordered the DVD set that has the 2005 World Series and the clinching games of the '05 ALDS and ALCS, and it just arrived the other day. I'm really looking forward to watching that, because I know the ending is absolutely perfect. :D:

palehozenychicty
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
In a sense, it's relieving. But also irritating, to see Detoilet give away the division on the last day of the season knowing that your guys are a superior bunch that couldn't get it done.

Lip Man 1
10-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Bridge:

I understand exactly how you felt about this season.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2006, 05:08 PM

Oh, absolutely! And, sometimes throwing in the World Series DVD can go a long way to making me feel even better.

They will return to the playoffs next year.

caulfield12
10-02-2006, 05:24 PM
I just get torqued looking at the Twins' website with their AL Central championship banner already up.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=min

Sox-o-matic
10-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I had this same feeling of relief an hour after eating Subway's new Cajun Steak Sandwich with pepper jack cheese and pepperoncinis on it. My relief was short lived as the pain came back about 15 minutes later...

But that is good pain and good relief, kind of like Game 3 of the World Series last year.

oeo
10-02-2006, 06:25 PM
I just get torqued looking at the Twins' website with their AL Central championship banner already up.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=min

Hopefully that's the only banner they do get to put up.

And the Tigers' website says 2006 AL Wild Card 'Champions'. Newsflash: The Wild Card is not a champion, it's a second place team..that's why it's the 'Wild Card'.

ws05champs
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I feel no relief especially after taking the Twins 2 out of 3 at the baggiedome and Detroit getting swept by the Royals. I think the Sox were starting to turn things around and the Tigers/Twins starting to slip. The season ended 2 weeks early. I feel at a loss. I will have to find other things to do with my spare time (not that I don't have other things to do). Now I can't wait until Spring training.