PDA

View Full Version : Sosa out for a couple days

HawkDJ
03-01-2002, 04:20 PM
ESPN:

MESA, Ariz. -- Chicago Cubs outfielder Sammy Sosa will miss two to three days after straining his right ankle.

Sosa was injured during Thursday's game against San Francisco. X-rays Friday were negative.

"Its nothing to be alarmed about," Cubs manager Don Baylor said Friday. "He can put a little weight on it, but not much. It shouldn't be any longer than a couple of days."

Sosa, who hit 64 home runs and drove in 160 runs last year, walked, stole a base and scored a run Thursday in the Giants' 5-4 victory over Chicago.

longshot7
03-01-2002, 04:40 PM
In the words of the immortal Nelson,

"Ha Ha!"

JoeBatters
03-01-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm all choked up !!!!!

Pete_SSAC
03-01-2002, 06:15 PM
You can't fool me, as we speak they are looking for Sammy's shrunken testicles.

:shammy
"Nobady told meeee abut dis!?! Damn youuuu roids!"

- Pete

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-01-2002, 06:48 PM
:shammy
Will someone help me find my brains?

:barney&sham
Will you be my friend and help me find my money?

CubKilla
03-02-2002, 02:59 AM
Guess him showing up to camp on time would have had nothing to do with possibly preventing this injury. Way to go Shammy you a$$hole!!!!!

foulkesfan11
03-02-2002, 10:47 AM
Oh, the poor baby. Too bad he didn't hurt his big fat head!

RKMeibalane
03-02-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm sure his head will start to swell once he hits his first homerun of the year, and the Cubs lose that particular game 12-5.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'm sure his head will start to swell once he hits his first homerun of the year, and the Cubs lose that particular game 12-5.

Hey, don't forget about that KILLER lineup every cub fan keeps telling me about. Get real, make that final score 12-6.
:gulp:

RKMeibalane
03-02-2002, 04:16 PM
I forgot about "Murderers Row Part II." How can anyone slow down a line-up of Sosa, Alou, and McGriff. Man, I don't how anyone will keep that team off the scoreboard.

:)

It's great that the Cubs have spent so much time recruiting older players who won't last more than a few years at best. They're as bad as the Braves are in that department.

rmusacch
03-02-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
Guess him showing up to camp on time would have had nothing to do with possibly preventing this injury. Way to go Shammy you a$$hole!!!!!

Just out of curiousity, how would showing up at camp on time prevented this injury. Frank showed up on time and still hurt his hammy.

CubKilla
03-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Franks been in camp for about 2 weeks now working out, stretching, doing 1B drills, swinging the bat in the batting cages, etc..... and slightly strained his hamstring doing so. From what I hear, no big deal. Shammy brings his circus with him, plays to the cameras like he's some sort of icon to the American people, puts on a uniform, and plays a game the next day. My point is that if he showed up to camp 2 weeks ago like the "common" player, maybe this injury wouldn't have happened.

ilovemags30
03-03-2002, 04:13 PM
DUDE THIS SO MADE MY DAY...AHAHAHAHAHAHHA... :)