PDA

View Full Version : Noon Presser Scheduled at Wrigley

Viva Medias B's
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Gee, I can't imagine what that will be all about.

Mickster
10-02-2006, 12:12 PM
As smart as the Cubs have been lately, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it is to announce a 3 year contract extension for Johnny!

alohafri
10-02-2006, 12:22 PM
If they were smart, they would be announcing the firing of Johnnie B. Baker and Hendry!

Hitmen77
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Gee, I can't imagine what that will be all about.

Selig's in town to award the Cubs the attendance trophy.

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2006, 12:39 PM
No shock here, http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2609583 "I'm gone"

Edward
10-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Press release just came out, Cubs decline to renew Baker's contract.

Source: Fox Chicago News at Noon.

jenn2080
10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
:o: I am shocked. CYA DUSTY!

Viva Medias B's
10-02-2006, 01:10 PM
:o: I am shocked. CYA DUSTY!

Fixed it for you.

Goose
10-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Damn it! I just bought a "In Dusty We Trusty" T-shirt.

Edward
10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I think this solves our 2007 bench coach dilemma. :tongue:

mccoydp
10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I love Toothpick Man's comment earlier:

“The town’s starving for a winner and I feel poorly that I wasn’t able to quite get it done.”

He must have missed that World Series last year.

Idiot.

Mr.1Dog
10-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Damn it! I just bought a "In Dusty We Trusty" T-shirt.

:kneeslap:

cheeses_h_rice
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
My my.

THAT was a short-lived li'l honeymoon on the North Side, wasn't it?

:gulp:

tebman
10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
"The Cubs also announced the hiring of Ron Wickers to fill the newly-created position of Special Media Liaison. Answering questions in the press room after the announcement, Wickers said: "I want WOO! to restore WOO! the great winning WOO! tradition of the Cubs WOO! These are the greatest WOO! fans in baseball WOO!"

When asked what specific duties Wickers would perform, FitzSimons spoke of the increased cash flow that the Tribune Company will enjoy from the the new "Cubs Sideshow" exhibit to be built on Clark Street.

:woo-woo

"WOO! Tribune! WOO!"

Palehose Pete
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Did anyone wet themselves laughing last night while listening to the Trib's new mouth-piece announce the intention of winning the WS next year and the year after that?

Everyone can see what a joke-of-a-failure-of-a-fraud-of-a franchise that the Cubs are. If feel no sympathy for Cubs fans when it's so obvious that the Trib only cares about the ticket and beer sales at the Confines. The "baseball experience" at Wiggley is tourist spot for rubes at best.

I'm listening to the interview streaming live at work on CLTV.com, and Hendry is talking about scouting talent differently. Gee. What a novel approach.

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
What a vomit enducing little piece Comcast put together afterwards. Using words like 'lovable losers' and 'curses' and putting a big emphasis on Bartman for the failure of the past 4 years

Mr.1Dog
10-02-2006, 01:43 PM
What a vomit enducing little piece Comcast put together afterwards. Using words like 'lovable losers' and 'curses' and putting a big emphasis on Bartman for the failure of the past 4 years

Same thing is said in the espn.com article. Just let it go already and admit that the short stop, Alex Gonzales, made a crucial error.

goon
10-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I love Toothpick Man's comment earlier:

“The town’s starving for a winner and I feel poorly that I wasn’t able to quite get it done.”

He must have missed that World Series last year.

Idiot.

what a ********!

Palehose Pete
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, Toothpick's comments about how the city is starved for a winner stuck in my craw, too. What a moron.

I still can't believe that Cubs fans are referred to as the greatest in the world. They're enablers to the Cubs failing. It's like calling the drug addict's co-dependent "the best friend in the world" even though they're enabling failure.

Hitmen77
10-02-2006, 11:41 PM
On WGN News tonight, they showed Dusty getting a send off by one of the Cubs most recognizable faces. You know who I'm talking about.......

:woo-woo
That's right. Dusty Woo! :rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
10-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Douchebag Hendry stold our slogan...that he'd get the job done 'or die trying'. Obviously tried to copy what Kenny did the offseason of the championship year (went for the leadoff hitter and bullpen, still delusional about his pitching staff), yeah, try again.

Also just saw the Woo Woo sendoff on Comcast, LMAO, he hugged him, eww, I wouldn't even get close to him. And he drives away in his Chevy, lol

Hangar would be proud of Comcast trying to sway the decision,showing pictures of Girardi, Piniella, and Brenly while Hendry was talking

palehozenychicty
10-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Douchebag Hendry stold our slogan...that he'd get the job done 'or die trying'. Obviously tried to copy what Kenny did the offseason of the championship year (went for the leadoff hitter and bullpen, still delusional about his pitching staff), yeah, try again.

The Flubs have been ripping off the Sox and taking their rejects forever.

Sam-ME, Harry Caray, Matt Karchner, Howry, Carlos Lee(??), Eyre, "or die trying"......

He couldn't say win, because that would mean they would have to run a baseball operation, not a national vomit fest.

Hitmen77
10-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Also just saw the Woo Woo sendoff on Comcast, LMAO, he hugged him, eww, I wouldn't even get close to him. And he drives away in his Chevy, lol

I wonder what was going through Dusty's mind at that point. He just got canned for failing to win with this rich franchise and his send-off from the ballpark is from a bum. Sheesh, what a joke of a franchise. That scene said it all about the Cubs - it's not about winning it's about the freak shows like Ronnie Woo Woo.

SoxSpeed22
10-03-2006, 10:49 AM
:KW
"That's what you call 'subliminal communication.' I didn't talk and I still communicated to the other side of town about what kind of pressure's on them.

Hitmen77
10-03-2006, 11:09 AM
The Flubs have been ripping off the Sox and taking their rejects forever.

Sam-ME, Harry Caray, Matt Karchner, Howry, Carlos Lee(??), Eyre, "or die trying"......

...and Larry Himes, and Danny Evans, and Jimmy Piersall......

jenn2080
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Did anyone hear that they let go of the whole entire Coaching staff for the Cubs?

Apparently they just announced it on the Score.

Fenway
10-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I am watching these moves with utter amazement

The Tribune is beyond clueless in how to fix that team....and I strongly suspect they will soon be sold

palehozenychicty
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM

The Tribune is beyond clueless in how to fix that team....and I strongly suspect they will soon be sold

i concur.

Rob190
10-04-2006, 05:35 PM

The Cubs are such a cash cow, that the Trib will never sell them.