AL East: 12-7; 7-5; 5-2 (24-14 .632)
NL East: 10-5; 6-4; 3-3 (19-12 .613)
AL Central: 5-6; 3-2; 1-2 (9-10 .474)
NL Central: 9-6; 2-7; 0-2 (11-15 .423)
AL West: 5-9; 1-4; 1-0 (7-13 .350)
NL West: 3-11; 3-0; 1-2 (7-13 .350)

I'm pulling for the Twins / Tigers (at least until the World Series) because:

1. Division pride.
2. Neither beat the Sox - the Sox beat themselves.
3. I hate the Yankees and the A's (except Frank) more.

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2006, 02:48 AM
I can understand the reasoning for your choices, but at least IMHO "Division Pride" really doesn't amount to much of anything when I ultimately choose who I'm rooting for in the post-season. I'm really not thrilled about ANY of the teams from the AL that will be playing October baseball; that being said, I'd like to see either the Mets or the Padres win it all this year (how cool would it be if either El Duque or Geoff Blum got another World Series ring???!!!).

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
I can understand the reasoning for your choices, but at least IMHO "Division Pride" really doesn't amount to much of anything when I ultimately choose who I'm rooting for in the post-season. I'm really not thrilled about ANY of the teams from the AL that will be playing October baseball; that being said, I'd like to see either the Mets or the Padres win it all this year (how cool would it be if either El Duque or Geoff Blum got another World Series ring???!!!).

I would like to see the Mets win it all. St. Louis would be my next choice. Unfortunately I doubt the NL will win a game let alone the World Series.

I understand the hate for the Twins, less so the Tigers. My Yankee hate runs much deeper and Oakland has been a thorn in the side of the White Sox in both the AL West (70s / 80s) and on evil trips to Oakland over the years.

The Twins were an afterthought until the past few years and the Tigers have not bothered us at all outside of the Phil Garner brawling drillrods until this season.

IspepAloc
10-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm pulling for the Tigers to win it this year because one of my friends is a Tigers fan. He was born in Michigan and lives here in Chicago. We've gone to all but 1 of the Sox Tigers games this year so I'm pretty familiar with them. He got to see the White Sox win it last year (he always says the sox are his #2 team when sox tigers don't play each other), so it would be cool for him to see his team win it this year. My order of teams this year would be Tigers, Twins (AL Central team), Oakland, Yankees.

As far as NL teams go, I really don't care who comes out of it as long as its not a NY vs NY series or an all California series.