PDA

View Full Version : Devern Hansack, Boston Red Sox, throws no-hitter

goclippersgo
10-01-2006, 08:21 PM
This guy just threw a 5 inning no hitter, called my rain. I guess it might not be a no hitter in the record books, but it is still a no hitter, good for him!!

jamokes
10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
At least he takes something positive into the off season.

SOXintheBURGH
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Maybe Theo will sign him to 5/$75 in the off season to sure up that rotation issue.

HotelWhiteSox
10-02-2006, 02:56 AM
(not real) surprising that ESPN hasn't mentioned that their 'Sawx' finished 3rd. Good for Toronto

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2006, 03:07 AM
This guy just threw a 5 inning no hitter, called my rain. I guess it might not be a no hitter in the record books, but it is still a no hitter, good for him!!

Yep, we have Fay Vincent to thank for that. I can more or less understand why rain-shortened no-hitters (like this one and the one Melido Perez threw for the Sox back in 1990) would fall under that umbrella (pun intended!). The ones I have problems with being negated because of Vincent's ruling are the no-hitters that were pitched in a losing effort because the "home team" did not come to bat in the bottom of the 9th; the ultimate example of course being Andy Hawkins' no-hitter where the Sox beat him 4-0 in the historic final meeting between the Sox and Yankees at old Comiskey Park. Listen, fuddy-duddy Fay, here it is 16 years later and the box score still says the White Sox beat the Yankees with 4 RUNS ON NO HITS!!!!! It sure as hell wasn't Hawkins' fault that the Sox didn't come to bat in the bottom of the 9th!