PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ozzie for not playing any of our starters in the last game.

PeoriaSoxFan
10-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Spring training will come soon enough Oz, why would we not start our best players on the last day of the season? Yeah, I am sure it will make a huge difference next year to know that Sweeney could go 1 for 5. The best thing Kenny could do is limit Ozzie's lineup options next year.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 07:07 PM
the game meant nothing:rolleyes:................................. .................................................. ..................unless you're a tiger.... this didn't do wonders for the integrity of the game

jenn2080
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Spring training will come soon enough Oz, why would we not start our best players on the last day of the season? Yeah, I am sure it will make a huge difference next year to know that Sweeney could go 1 for 5. The best thing Kenny could do is limit Ozzie's lineup options next year.

I was perfectly ok with it.

SluggersAway
10-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I have no idea why this angers you so much. I'm flabbergasted.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 07:56 PM
people, when you're playing a game that means something in the grand scheme of things, you play your best. it's an unwritten code in baseball.

southside rocks
10-01-2006, 07:57 PM
The game was all but meaningless to the Sox and wouldn't affect their finish in the division.

In case you haven't noticed, all the eliminated teams have been playing their callups since the races were decided. It's done every year.

What's the big issue here? :?: Does anyone really think that an exhausted and aching Konerko, Crede, and Dye would have lit up the board and won this game? The regulars played in the last home game of the season, but they earned their rest in this one.

TheOldRoman
10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Who says we would have won playing our regulars, anyway? The offense was nothing short of horrible the entire second half, and they laid down against Silva (a ****ty pitcher this year) a couple of times.
I actually wanted Ozzie to send the "regulars" home a week ago when the Sox were eliminated. There was no reason whatsoever for them to still be playing. The rooks, on the other hand, could have gotten valuable experience playing in big games (big for the Twins, anyway).

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
uncle... whatever...goodnight...ozzie rocks. the game was for the division title, if you don't see the difference, i'm not gonna bother anymore.

anewman35
10-01-2006, 08:13 PM
We started 3 starters today. We won yesterday with a lineup of 4 starters. Just because you sit a lot of people doesn't mean you don't have a chance to win.

anewman35
10-01-2006, 08:14 PM
uncle... whatever...goodnight...ozzie rocks. the game was for the division title, if you don't see the difference, i'm not gonna bother anymore.

The Tigers needed to win ONE game against the Royals and couldn't. I hardly feel like it was our fault they didn't win the division.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:17 PM
i promise you all 1 thing.... if it would have been ron gardenhire playing 3 regulars against the team we were battling in the last game of the year for the division title. you would ALL be going insane, and if you deny it, your liars.

DeadMoney
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM

The Tigers getting swept by KC was how they lost the division. To say that Ozzie not playing starters had ANYTHING to do with it is crap. This SAME frickin' lineup scored 6 runs yesterday and won the series, what the heck is wrong with them playing in what was a meaningful game for the other team and seeing what you really have in the young guys.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:19 PM
hey, i'm not sticking up for the tigers they choked.. period... that's not the frickin point einstein.

DeadMoney
10-01-2006, 08:22 PM
i promise you all 1 thing.... if it would have been ron gardenhire playing 3 regulars against the team we were battling in the last game of the year for the division title. you would ALL be going insane, and if you deny it, your liars.

I'd be going insane that our team couldn't win ONE GAME against KC and would be VERY worried about the playoffs instead of complain why a team who just helped us ALL THEY COULD in the first two games of a series, played virtually the same lineup the last game of the series and lost.

DeadMoney
10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
hey, i'm not sticking up for the tigers they choked.. period... that's not the frickin point einstein.

Then why are you making it an issue? We did all we could to help them, they cholked, why should anyone be mad. Remember, Vazquez (our regular starter) gave up 4 runs before the 5th inning was over.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
ok, thats 1 liar. again what detroit did is totally irrelavent, they choked.

whitesoxfan
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Who cares?

Detroit controlled their own fate, and they blew it. I'm glad we played the kids; I wish we had played them the last week and a half for every game.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
:gulp:

Dick Allen
10-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Plain and simple, the Tigers couldn't win one game of a three game series against the worst team in the AL, choking away a 6-0 lead today. That's not the White Sox' problem. They won their frickin' series. Geez.

SluggersAway
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I don't know what "unwritten code" you are referring to. I, for one, enjoyed seeeing the rookies play, and, as others have said, they should have been written into the lineup much earlier.

CLR01
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Ozzie played the scrubs boohoo. He should have been doing that all week.

The only team this affected was Detrot and they had 2 months and an 11+ game lead to lock it down and they couldn't do it. If they want to blame someone they need to look into a mirror.

MarySwiss
10-01-2006, 09:05 PM
We didn't lose the division for the Tigers; they did. They stunk out the place against the Royals. After we beat the Twins yesterday, the Tigers had two chances to win one game, and they couldn't do it. Actually, the only reason they were still in it today is because we took the Twins out twice. What are we anyway, Santa Claus?

gobears1987
10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
A large abundance of :dumbass:es in this thread.

Who the **** cares who Ozzie plays in a meaningless game? I was glad to see some glovework from Fields.

Parrothead
10-01-2006, 10:52 PM
As soon as the Sox were eliminated I wanted to see all the kids play and not 1 starter.

DumpJerry
10-01-2006, 11:36 PM
How would you have felt if today Toriiiii tried to stretch a double into a triple by aiming his spikes at Crede's leg and breaking his leg? Oh wait, Toriiii is a great sportsman, he would never do that.

caulfield12
10-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Under the circumstances, I'm surprised we won two out of three games.

The Tigers have nobody to blame but themselves. They had a 6-0 lead against KC AT HOME with their supposed second best pitcher on the mound. They also had the game in extras against the Royals' sorry pen with their #3 starter on the mound (Rogers). On Friday night, the Tigers also blew a game a 5-0 lead with one of their "regular" second half starters, Ledezma, on the mound. Jamie Walker, one of the best lefties in the league, gave up 4 runs. Zumaya and Jones gave up runs. How is any of that our fault?

If it "stings" that the Twins won the division again, the White Sox (with their regulars) should have done better than 2-7 when it really counted in July, August and September.

I wish Ozzie would have played more of the youngsters, rather than less.

I think we were all pretty much tired of the same 'ol results that we've seen for the past 2 1/2 months.

itsnotrequired
10-02-2006, 09:19 AM
the game meant nothing:rolleyes:................................. .................................................. ..................unless you're a tiger.... this didn't do wonders for the integrity of the game

How about when Ozzie started the "scrubs" in the first game of the last series against Cleveland last year? Some Boston fans were griping about Ozzie not having "respect for the game" by resting the starters when Cleveland and Boston were both in the running for the Wild Card. It was all moot since the "scrubs" won the game and all but killed off Cleveland's chances for the Wild Card. So who's to blame here?

Ozzie rests the starters after clinching = people bitching
Ozzie rests the starters after being eliminated = people bitching

I guess he can't win...