PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Thanks for a Great Season Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
10-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Too bad we helped the Twinkies win their fourth division title in the last five years, but I gotta tip my hat to our guys. See you at Spring Training in February!:smile:

k2wilson
10-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Yep. Baseball season ends for me today. I couldn't care less about the teams in the playoffs. NOW it's football season. Go Bears!:redneck

35th&Shields
10-01-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't know if I was alone in feeling this way, but the end of the game today was really the end of the past two years. To me last year and winning the World Series and then this year defending our title was one continuous period of time. Unfortunately, it all came to an end today. It was a great run and time to gear up for 2007. Spring Training for pitchers and catchers starts in just a few months!

Anyways, I'm going to do my best to enjoy our final month of being the World Series champs. Right now we may have "lame duck" status until the next team takes over, but until the trophy is handed over to a new team at the end of the 2006 World Series we are still the reigning champs.

cbotnyse
10-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Yep. Baseball season ends for me today. I couldn't care less about the teams in the playoffs. NOW it's football season. Go Bears!:redneck
:nod: :welcome:

aryzner
10-01-2006, 06:13 PM
It will be fun to watch them destroy the Seahawks tonight. :cool:

Baseball-wise, I am "rooting" most for the Twins but not really caring who wins it all.

Kub_Killer_15
10-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Its going to be sad to see some of our players leave in the off season but thats baseball. Good bye to everybody that doesnt come back for the 07 season:whiner:

esbrechtel
10-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Its going to be sad to see some of our players leave in the off season but thats baseball. Good bye to everybody that doesnt come back for the 07 season:whiner:

both of these posts pretty much explain how i feel...hopefully the bears have a good run to hold me over until ST!!!!! heres to a good yet slightly disappointing season:gulp:

Myrtle72
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM

I have a feeling it's only going to be a select few who do not come back.

thomas35forever
10-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling it's only going to be a select few who do not come back.
Prepare for the many appreciation threads that await.

SoxSpeed22
10-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Prepare for the many appreciation threads that await.Just make sure this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64189&highlight=Felix+Diaz+appreciation) doesn't happen.

Myrtle72
10-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Prepare for the many appreciation threads that await.

Awesome. I am so excited.

Nellie_Fox
10-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Too bad we helped the Twinkies win their fourth division title in the last five years...The Sox didn't help the Twins. They did their part, taking 2 of 3 in the Humpdome.

All Detroit had to do was win one game against a 100 loss ballclub, in their home park, and they didn't get it done. They deserve to have to travel to New York.

BV2005
10-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Great job on 90 wins, Im exited for next year.

BadBobbyJenks
10-04-2006, 01:50 AM
It will be fun to watch them destroy the Seahawks tonight. :cool:

Baseball-wise, I am "rooting" most for the Twins but not really caring who wins it all.

Thanks for a great season last year i hope is the intent.

Im rooting for big frank and the As, what a showing today for the big hurt

batmanZoSo
10-04-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm really not too upset about the year. Now, I've never been through this before in baseball, but the year after really does seem like a victory lap and it's not until the second year after that the World Series becomes just a memory. Come April 2007, we're no longer the World Champions. Granted, not a pathetic team with a long drought, but just another team that won it not too long ago. No different than the 2002 Angels or the 95 Braves. Until another team raises the trophy, it still feels like the Sox are the champs. And they still are in my opinion.

At any rate, it's nice to be able to look ahead to another year with realistic hopes of winning another one. Hell, to go into any year thinking about the World Series is rare in the Sox world, let alone to be able to say "let's do it again."

TommyJohn
10-04-2006, 08:09 AM
"let's do it again."

No, please! Not that crappy catchphrase! I still have bad memories of
that awful commercial with Chubby Checker and that dork that
would leap out of his seat and open his jacket to show his "Let's Do
It Again!" t-shirt. GAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!

MadetoOrta
10-04-2006, 08:51 AM
2006 White Sox - good riddance. Boys, get some rest, work out the kinks, put a chip on your collective shoulders and if KW calls you in early December ......

SEE YA!

I am looking forward to the 2007 Chicago White - a team with an attitude!

Thomas
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
most certainly will be there in spirit!!!

(I was there during the World Series Win, unknowingly guiding, and im still wondering about those former white sox guides who have passed on, who where they?) :cool:

kevin57
10-04-2006, 11:57 AM
The "glow" from the '05 season carried into this one as well.

That said, it's hard for me to feel good about how this season went. I won't go into the litany of what went wrong, but I trust that from the Chairman's office on down to the clubhouse, everyone understands that unlike Cub fans, we do not support a losing team. If the '07 Sox play like the second-half '06 Sox look for nightly attendance to return to the under 20,000 level.

Then, watch the payroll tumble.

slavko
10-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Too bad we helped the Twinkies win their fourth division title in the last five years, but I gotta tip my hat to our guys. See you at Spring Training in February!:smile:

And in that period who's won more World Championships? They get the credit, we've got the cash.

Britt Burns
10-04-2006, 12:26 PM
This was a weird season, and not just for the on-field play. With the awards and ceremonies the first month seemed like a continuation of 2005, and for the first half the Sox played excellent baseball except...they never got on that run, or hit on all cylinders like we thought they would.

batmanZoSo
10-04-2006, 02:25 PM
No, please! Not that crappy catchphrase! I still have bad memories of
that awful commercial with Chubby Checker and that dork that
would leap out of his seat and open his jacket to show his "Let's Do
It Again!" t-shirt. GAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!

Ugh, fine, we'll just adopt Steely Dan's Do It Again as our theme song then.

The Dude
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
most certainly will be there in spirit!!!

(I was there during the World Series Win, unknowingly guiding, and im still wondering about those former white sox guides who have passed on, who where they?) :cool:

:?: