PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch...

Crede_Fan
10-01-2006, 04:48 PM
What they said Dustin was using to help recover from his back issues? Hawk and DJ just mentioned a website, but I missed it.

aryzner
10-01-2006, 04:49 PM
There ya go they're showing it again now.

www.mymonavie.com/dustin

(i think, right?)

Crede_Fan
10-01-2006, 04:59 PM
There ya go they're showing it again now.

www.mymonavie.com/dustin (http://www.mymonavie.com/dustin)

(i think, right?)

That's it! Thank You!!!!

(I missed it the 2nd time too:redface: )

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 05:19 PM
looks like dustin is lookin to pick up some extra income.

35th&Shields
10-01-2006, 05:31 PM
looks like dustin is lookin to pick up some extra income.

Looks like a pyramid scheme to me. I love how Dustin puts his Yahoo email address on there.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 05:33 PM
yeah, it looks bad. no place for this in my opinion.

chisoxfan64
10-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Someone at work tried to get me to sign up as a distributor.:rolleyes:

tromcoe
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
$40.00 bucks for a bottle of juice.

:o:

Gregory Pratt
10-01-2006, 06:45 PM
That's a fake email address, right?

Gavin
10-01-2006, 06:47 PM
[thunder clap]

Oh, Dustin.

esbrechtel
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
[thunder clap]

Oh, Dustin.

i was waiting for it to say [thunderstruck]...

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:15 PM
i'm a little disappointed in the organization itself, truth be told. i thought it was a monumental mistake to let that glorification piece, a mi manura, to be broadcast, perhaps the biggest fluff piece in the history of sports, and then to let one of your players personal distributorships email get put out over the air, and have hawk push it? seems pretty slimy to me, and let me tell ya , this stuff ain't cheap. looks like a pyramid scheme, like herba - life etc.

Brian26
10-01-2006, 08:27 PM
i'm a little disappointed in the organization itself, truth be told. i thought it was a monumental mistake to let that glorification piece, a mi manura, to be broadcast, perhaps the biggest fluff piece in the history of sports, and then to let one of your players personal distributorships email get put out over the air, and have hawk push it? seems pretty slimy to me, and let me tell ya , this stuff ain't cheap. looks like a pyramid scheme, like herba - life etc.

Remember the big shark cartilage hype from 1996? Hawk was talking about it everyday. Harold told Hawk that his knees hadn't felt that good in years. Made you wonder if Hawk had stock in GNC at the time, because they were the only outfit selling it.

MikeKreevich
10-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Anyone thinking about trying Mona-vei should read this first.
http://www.rain-tree.com/acai.htm

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Remember the big shark cartilage hype from 1996? Hawk was talking about it everyday. Harold told Hawk that his knees hadn't felt that good in years. Made you wonder if Hawk had stock in GNC at the time, because they were the only outfit selling it.

yeah, i don't like this at all. very unbecoming.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
good read, but i kinda figured that was the case.... all hype, and in reality its pretty cheap,,,, scambo

southside rocks
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
It's an antioxidant, kind of like cherry juice. There's been research done that looks interesting: http://news.ufl.edu/2006/01/12/berries/

I'd rather see ballplayers extolling fruit juices than steroids.

SOXandILLINI
10-01-2006, 09:11 PM
wow

stl_sox_fan
10-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Too coincidental, I was just watching Wayne's World this weekend with the whole product placement gag scene. "Yes it is my choice, the choice of a new generation". I couldn't guess either way if Hermy really uses it or if it was a nicely placed plug. I only dread the day when I see a valvoline patch right below Paulie's "C" on his jersey. :mad:
BTW, Kudos to whoever remembered the "cartilage" plugs by Hawk.

Martinigirl
10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
And this was like the third game I could remember Hawk bringing it up. It was just so odd. First he just talked about how great some juice was for Hermanson. Then the next game I heard him say how many people had called the station to ask the name of the product. Then, the icing on the cake, yesterday's web address and the association to Hermanson. Up until that point, I didn't realize that DH was distributor, I just thought he was a 'satisfied customer'.

It seemed shady before, but then the whole DH money making tie to it, it just got worse. And one can only assume Hawk is getting a cut, because he has to be DH's top salesman. I was waiting for the "Go to the website and use the discount code HAWK when you place your order!" But maybe that will be for spring training.

MarySwiss
10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Another point: you don't have to necessarily buy this product through that site to get products containing Acai berry. I did a quick search online, and Hi-Health and GNC both show products that contain it, so chances are it's also available in their stores...and probably in most other large health stores.
As for me, I would rather just walk into a store and buy something any day rather than order from some company that will probably try to talk me into becoming a distributor.

StillMissOzzie
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
As for me, I would rather just walk into a store and buy something any day rather than order from some company that will probably try to talk me into becoming a distributor.

Yeah, it looks to me like Hermie is gearing up for his post-pitching career by leveraging from MLB -> MLM (that's multi-level marketing, a/k/a pyramid scheme)

SMO
:gulp:

PatK
10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
It's just an acai berry drink?

There's already other brands out there, such as Sambazon.

Go to any Brazillian jiujitsu school and they'll probably have a hookup.

Vernam
10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
I look forward to attending Sox games at MonaVie Field in 2024, once US Cellular's rights expire.

:puking:

Vernam

mccoydp
10-03-2006, 08:28 AM
My wife and I were given a bottle of this tasty beverage by her uncle when he came down to dinner a few months ago.

I didn't think anything of it, and tried a glass of it.

To this day, it still sits in my fridge. Yuck.