PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win the A.L. pennant?

SaltyPretzel
09-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Who do you want to win the A.L. pennant?

RadioheadRocks
09-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Honestly I'm not even thinking about the AL pennant... I'm pulling for either the Mets or the Padres to win it all.

Go El Duque! :bandance:

Go Blum! :bandance:

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Tigers. Tigers. Tigers.

I like underdogs. And I like Verlander as he is an alumm of my college.

And I don't want the Yankees to win. I have never been a huge fan of the A's (California has too many baseball teams... they have enough opportunities to be represented in the playoffs), and well, the Twins... they just make me mad. Plus, AJ is my favorite and I can't possibly root for the Twins based on that.

BiggestFan14
09-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Tigers underdogs? For most of the season they were the best team in baseball.

I also want them to win it, though.

oeo
09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Tigers. Tigers. Tigers.

I like underdogs. And I like Verlander as he is an alumm of my college.

And I don't want the Yankees to win. I have never been a huge fan of the A's (California has too many baseball teams... they have enough opportunities to be represented in the playoffs), and well, the Twins... they just make me mad. Plus, AJ is my favorite and I can't possibly root for the Twins based on that.

I'd say the A's are the underdogs. They're the ones with an anemic offense.

Can't we just cancel the playoffs? I don't care who wins, as long as an NL team wins the World Series.

soxwon
09-30-2006, 08:40 PM
twins or yankees
i Loathe the tigers!!!

RealMenWearBlack
09-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I'd be fine with either the Yankees or Tigers, but I'm hoping the Padres or Astros win the World Series.

Whitesox4ever
09-30-2006, 08:50 PM
I hope the Yankees take it all..

I have always hated the A's and don't want to see the Twins or Tigers win it all...

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Tigers underdogs? For most of the season they were the best team in baseball.

Well, by underdogs I mean that they weren't expected to really win anything this year, or even have that great of a record.

Maggs is the only real "superstar" on that team, in my opinion.

RadioheadRocks
09-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I'd be fine with either the Yankees or Tigers, but I'm hoping the Padres or Astros win the World Series.

It's really not looking good for Houston. They'll have to win tomorrow, then St. Louis would have to lose tomorrow and lose a makeup game with the Giants on Monday in order to force a one-game playoff on Tuesday between the 'Stros and the Cards to decide the division (they're too far behind Los Angeles and San Diego for the wild card); stranger things have happened but I'm thinking that's pretty far out there.

Sox Fan 35
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't like the A's or Billy Beane but I want to see Frank play in a World Series.

drewcifer
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't want anyone in the Central to succeed but us.

I like the Yankees about as much as a prostate exam.

That leaves the A's.

ShoelessJoeS
09-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Other than Cleveland, these are easily my 4 most hated teams in the AL. I could care less who goes to the Series.

I will be rooting for a few select players to succeed, not their teams.

TDog
09-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Other than Cleveland, these are easily my 4 most hated teams in the AL. I could care less who goes to the Series....

Exactly. Who do I want to win the AL pennant? I don't want any of these teams to win any games at all except under unusual and pragmatic circumstances.

I probably hate the Yankees the least because so many other people hate the Yankees.

MUsoxfan
09-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Tigers all the way

mwc44
09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I can't endorse any of these four. I'd prefer it be us, but since it's not, I'd like to see Frank get his chance to play in the WS... unfortunately, it's on a Beane team. :mad:

shoelessshaun27!
09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
GO A's. for Frank's Sake.

Lip Man 1
10-01-2006, 12:27 AM
No one.

The season ended by an immediate severe labor impasse.

Lip

gbergman
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I m going to go with FarWestChicago's choice, the Oakland A's.

TDog
10-01-2006, 12:47 AM
No one.

The season ended by an immediate severe labor impasse.

Lip

Are you suggesting the Sox players went on a wildcat strike?

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2006, 12:59 AM
I don't want the two teams from the Central having any more bragging rights than they currently do. The Tigers and Twins might lose a little of their smugness if they were to close out their seasons (including playoffs) with losing streaks of 7 and 6 games, respectively.

I hate the A's.

Who gives a crap if the Yankees win yet another pennant?

That said, I will root for any NL team (yes, even the Mets) in a World Series versus the Yankees.

Frankfan4life
10-01-2006, 06:33 AM
I hope the Yankees take it all..

I have always hated the A's and don't want to see the Twins or Tigers win it all...What you said. :redface:

Craig Grebeck
10-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Go A's. I'm probably the only one around who values Beane's strategies. I don't like the A's, but I appreciate that he's a solid GM.

Oh yeah, they also have the greatest right handed hitter of the last 50 years.

The Racehorse
10-01-2006, 07:41 AM
... don't care...

southside rocks
10-01-2006, 08:03 AM
LOL! Somebody voted early and often!

Anybody but the ****ing A's. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/polls/bar6-l.gifhttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/polls/bar6.gifhttp://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/polls/bar6-r.gif 55555555 100.00%

Well, it is Chicago, after all... :tongue:

FarWestChicago
10-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Go A's. I'm probably the only one around who values Beane's strategies. I don't like the A's, but I appreciate that he's a solid GM.:fobbgod:

Bow down before me and acknowledge my greatness, commoner.

HerzogVon
10-01-2006, 08:41 AM
The Tigers or the A's. I hate the Twinkies and their "Superior"-than-thou fans, and the Yorkies are beneath contempt; if, unfortunately, not the radar.

That leaves Leyland's Tigers and Frank's A's. Despite Detroit having the best home unis in the history of MLB, I'd like to see the big guy get his second ring - and stick it to KW in the process. :wink:

Juice16
10-01-2006, 08:50 AM
I have to go with the Tigers. Their fans have had a long enough drought now. I would like to see Frank get another ring. what is with all the ex-Sox getting in the playoffs?

harwar
10-01-2006, 08:53 AM
I want the twins to get in as the wild card and get swept by the yankees,after that i don't really care.

SaltyPretzel
10-01-2006, 09:09 AM
After my experience in Detroit, I could never root for them. I've been to almost every ballpark in the A.L., and I have never been treated like such crap as I was in Motown. **** the Tigers.

I hate the Twins also. I'd root for the A's, but if they win anything, all we'll hear is how the Sox screwed up by letting Frank go.

That leaves just the Yankees. :(:

Chips
10-01-2006, 09:40 AM
The Yankees.

SOXSINCE'70
10-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Anyone but the friggin' A's!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

I am an EOBB (Enemy of Billy Beane),and the thought of
this man :hurt in another uniform helping a team
win a WS makes me sick to my stomach.

gobears1987
10-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I see West has hit this poll.

He should change it to anyone except the ****ing Twinkies.

I hate the A's, but I'd like to see Frank get an AB in a World Series.

The Dude
10-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Go A's. I'm probably the only one around who values Beane's strategies. I don't like the A's, but I appreciate that he's a solid GM.

Blah blah, unfortunately you're not the only :dumbass: who loves Beane.:rolleyes:

It looks like I voted with the other 55 million!:redneck

Chips
10-01-2006, 10:51 AM

Don't solid GM's usually field teams that can win a playoff series?

The Dude
10-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Don't solid GM's usually field teams that can win a playoff series?

No you knob, solid GM's are those that field teams that make the playoffs a few times and never win a damn thing!

Chips
10-01-2006, 10:55 AM
No you knob, solid GM's are those that field teams that make the playoffs a few times and never win a damn thing!

:fobbgod:
"Like me"

Craig Grebeck
10-01-2006, 11:28 AM
For a team with a small payroll Beane has done wonders. They have failed in the playoffs but the fact that they compete year in and year out is impressive.

I don't think he's the best in the business, but I think he's shown a lot of skill in his time in Oakland.

ondafarm
10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
This is really the least of evils questions.

Any real Sox fan hates the Yankees and really doesn't like the A's.

The Twins? I like them about as much as the Flubs.

That leaves the Tigers.

DoItForDanPasqua
10-01-2006, 01:19 PM
I always wind up rooting against teams, instead of for them. This is especially true with American League teams, so I can't possibly choose one I want to win. The problem with this is that they can't all lose. Here's my rational for my undying hatred for each playoff team:

Tigers: Beat the Sox in division/wildcard race. Cub fans will say stupid things about Ordonez.

Yankees: They win too often and spend too much money doing it. Briefly put, they are the evil empire.

A's: Moneyball.

Twins: They are of poor moral fiber: I wish them all rashes.

SoxEd
10-01-2006, 05:43 PM
This is really the least of evils questions.

Any real Sox fan hates the Yankees and really doesn't like the A's.

The Twins? I like them about as much as the Flubs.

That leaves the Tigers.

[Southern Baptist Preacher]
Testify!
Testify!
[/Southern Baptist Preacher]

What he said!

cbotnyse
10-01-2006, 06:00 PM
West is funny. :D:

soxwon
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Why the dislike for the a's?
I respect that team alot.
and we can watch future wsox ace ZITO mow down the twinkies!!!!

jenn2080
10-01-2006, 07:41 PM
**** Minn! Tigers all the way.

Jerome
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM
The A's have always sorta been my second team, although I know they're hated around these parts. and **** about Beane not being a solid GM, The A's have been pretty good for a long time now, I know the lack of playoff wins borders on embarassing but all those 90+ win seasons count for something, a lot of teams out there haven't sniffed the postseason in years. I'm not arguing he's the god that moneyball portrays him to be, but the A's are a good team and he is a good GM.

I hate the twins more than any other team on this earth.

No way I want to see the media slobber all over the yankees, the sooner they exit the better

The Tigers? Maggs do well? I don't think so.

I'm an AL guy all the way and also would like to see Frank succeed, although I'm really getting tired of all this "we should have brought him back ****, look how cheap the A's got him, etc." Anyone with a brain knows that he does not belong on a team with Thome and Konerko.

nysox35
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Let's Go Yankees!

I'll be at Game 1 ALDS tomorrow night and ALCS Game 6, should it materialize.

I'm actually going to be in Chicago from Thursday-Monday and it'll be weird watching the playoffs out there this year...:(:

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I'd never root for another divisional opponent, and I do not think Yankee fans need another World Series, so that means I'd hope the A's would represent the AL in the World Series, which I'll be rooting for the NL team this time, because I can't stand the A's either...they're just the least of the evils.

Baby Fisk
10-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Assuming the spectacular Mets collapse that is imminent, I'm hoping Detroit wins it all so that my buddy the Tigers fan can experience what we got to experience a year ago.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-02-2006, 04:48 PM

Knob, they usually win two games when they reach the playoffs. (teal):worship: (teal) :fobbgod:

What more can a fan ask for / expect? :D:

That said, anyone but the Yankees (or Dodgers in the NL).