PDA

View Full Version : Two Wins Against the Twins

Brian26
09-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Just another way of looking at things:

If the Sox win tomorrow, they will finish 4.0 games behind the Twins. If they would have won two other games this season against Minnesota, they would have finished tied with the Twins (because there's a 2.0 game swing on each game vs the Twins).

gn2727
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM

If the Sox win tomorrow, they will finish 4.0 games behind the Twins. If they would have won two other games this season against Minnesota, they would have finished tied with the Twins (because there's a 2.0 game swing on each game vs the Twins).

Yeah and the 15 games over the last 2 months that our bullpen blew? If we would have won half of them we would be leading the division right now.

Chips
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

There are way too many "what if's" for this season.

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
No point in looking back at how things could have been this year... especially considering there isn't anything we can do to change it at this point.

I'd much rather just look towards the future and be happy that we've got such a promising team for next year.

gn2727
09-30-2006, 07:50 PM
No point in looking back at how things could have been this year... especially considering there isn't anything we can do to change it at this point.

I'd much rather just look towards the future and be happy that we've got such a promising team for next year.

Sounds good to me. I hope this year was like Ozzie's first year with the Sox as Manager. And that next year will be better than '05 was! :D:

kingpin_rcs
09-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Maybe it will be like Star Trek movies only in reverse. Odd = good, Even = bad.

:tongue:

soxwon
09-30-2006, 08:39 PM
now we decide to play!!!
it figures lol

voodoochile
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm just glad that the Warthogs and Jon Garland are enough to beat the Twinkies fighting for the division title. Maybe the Major League players will take note of this fact next season...

ws05champs
09-30-2006, 09:06 PM
My take is that we are finally getting our second wind. Too bad we don't have about 10 more games to play this season.

DumpJerry
09-30-2006, 09:30 PM
It is what it is. I'm looking forward to next year with great eagerness!

Patrick134
09-30-2006, 11:40 PM

If these games this weekend mattered more, guys with big hits like fields and sweeney wouldn't have even been in there, so who knows how the games turn out.

Nellie_Fox
10-01-2006, 01:05 AM
My take is that we are finally getting our second wind. Too bad we don't have about 10 more games to play this season.Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the pressure still being on the Twins, and the Sox having no pressure at all.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-01-2006, 01:25 AM
My take is that we are finally getting our second wind. Too bad we don't have about 10 more games to play this season.
Hey, Hawk promised we would finally "hit our stride!" Or was that "get into a rhythm?" I forget...

Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but there's one more thing to play for tomorrow: Vazquez can prevent Mauer from winning the batting title (assuming the Twins have the stones to play him). He's currently .001 ahead of Derek Jeter, who I think is a pretty good guy despite being a Yankee.

Minnesota already has the Cy Young Award (Santana) and MVP (Morneau) locked up, and have an outside chance at Manager of the Year (though if anyone but Leyland wins that, it's a crime). They don't need a batting title on top of all that hardware.

EDIT: Whoops, one more thing to play for, though this may have been mentioned elsewhere: a Sox win tomorrow clinches the season series against the Twins. Grasping at straws, I realize, but what else is there to do at this point?

DSpivack
10-01-2006, 01:36 AM
Hey, Hawk promised we would finally "hit our stride!" Or was that "get into a rhythm?" I forget...

Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but there's one more thing to play for tomorrow: Vazquez can prevent Mauer from winning the batting title (assuming the Twins have the stones to play him). He's currently .001 ahead of Derek Jeter, who I think is a pretty good guy despite being a Yankee.

Minnesota already has the Cy Young Award (Santana) and MVP (Morneau) locked up, and have an outside chance at Manager of the Year (though if anyone but Leyland wins that, it's a crime). They don't need a batting title on top of all that hardware.

EDIT: Whoops, one more thing to play for, though this may have been mentioned elsewhere: a Sox win tomorrow clinches the season series against the Twins. Grasping at straws, I realize, but what else is there to do at this point?

I doubt Morneau wins it. It probably goes to Jeter.

Nellie_Fox
10-01-2006, 01:47 AM
I find the whole idea of a catcher winning the batting title to be intriguing. Jeter will get the MVP; I hope Mauer gets the batting title, even if I did have to suffer through seeing him all decked out in Gopher gear tonight (I seriously hate the Gophers.) Besides, I had his cousin in several of my classes at MSU (a Letterman "Brush With Greatness?)

Britt Burns
10-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Forget the stats and the standings, tomorrow is for pride.

daveeym
10-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't say they're getting their second wind, I'd say they're finally playing relaxed. They crapped the bed this year plain and simple.

Nellie_Fox
10-02-2006, 01:12 AM
They crapped the bed...Has this phrase been sufficiently run into the ground yet?