PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know What The Renewal Rate Was?

RealFan
09-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Is this a premature question? I apologize if it's been answered somewhere else, but I was curious as to what percentage of the total season ticket holders renewed their tickets for next season?

chisoxmike
09-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm sure it was 99.9%.:cool:

jabrch
09-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Is this a premature question? I apologize if it's been answered somewhere else, but I was curious as to what percentage of the total season ticket holders renewed their tickets for next season?

We won't know until the renewal date passes. All we know right now is how many season ticket holders put down a non-refundable deposit.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Do they publically disclose this information? :dunno:

I know they announced ticket plans sold last before the 2006 season as they were record setting numbers (as well as to explain why they denied playoff tickets to people who purchased after early January - even for 81 game purchases :o: ) but this was the first time I recall the club commenting on season ticket sales numbers. I'm sure someone else here has been following more closely over the years and can provide other examples if they happened. :cool:

INSox56
09-30-2006, 08:00 PM
No way to know till or after Nov. 15th, that's the renewal date if I remember right. I asked my rep about upgrades for seats and he said they wouldn't know anything till after Nov 15, more than likely a week or two after.

DumpJerry
09-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Someone mentioned on another thread that his/her rep said that 95% of the ST holders did not check the box on the post-season invoice. This indicates it should be at least 95%.

RealFan
10-01-2006, 01:14 PM
how many people stick with this team after the 11/15 deadline (as understood by me from reading the posts above).

I know a lot of people who bought season ticket packages with the hope that they could sell some playoff games to recoup almost the entire season's expense. Since that's not going to happen, I was curious as to how this would impact the renewal rate.

At the time STHs were asked to put down the deposit for the playoffs, the Sox were still in the hunt. I wonder if this new fanbase will stick with what we all expect to be a very competitive team next season, even if we again miss by a hair and don't make the playoffs.

caulfield12
10-01-2006, 02:19 PM
how many people stick with this team after the 11/15 deadline (as understood by me from reading the posts above).

I know a lot of people who bought season ticket packages with the hope that they could sell some playoff games to recoup almost the entire season's expense. Since that's not going to happen, I was curious as to how this would impact the renewal rate.

At the time STHs were asked to put down the deposit for the playoffs, the Sox were still in the hunt. I wonder if this new fanbase will stick with what we all expect to be a very competitive team next season, even if we again miss by a hair and don't make the playoffs.

I would imagine they'd be down another 10-15% if that happened.

2007 is a huge year for our team, both on the field and for determining the eventual direction of this franchise....right now we're in a "holding" pattern with this current team and, more or less, are going to keep it together for one more go-around.