PDA

View Full Version : *Offical* 9-30-06 Beat the Twins at their own game

Chips
09-30-2006, 01:46 PM
:winner

gbergman
09-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Nice to see everyone but BA collect a hit. We did this two with 3 regulars in the lineup. Nice outing to end the season by big jon except for that HR. To bad he wasn't this good to start the year we might be talking Cy Young.

Grammar mistake was intentional.

<_<
>_>
<_<

chisoxmike
09-30-2006, 01:48 PM
:winner

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

**** YOU TWINS!!!!!!!!!!

HotelWhiteSox
Bring me back a mini Statue of Liberty Twinkies

October26
Yes! Yes!:bandance: :supernana:

Here's the recipe for piranha poison, Ozzie:

1) Great pitching (Thanks Jon G. and Matt T.!)
2) Great hitting (the rookies get 6 runs!)
3) Great defense (Fields looked good at 3rd)

cheezheadsoxfan
09-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Just hope the Tigers can take advantage of this.

Hitmen77
09-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Sox make it to 90 wins. 5th time in 16 seasons (since 1990) with 90 wins.

Back-to-back 18 win seasons for Garland. Not bad for someone named "Judy"

MarySwiss
Just hope the Tigers can take advantage of this.
Seriously! Do we have to do ALL the work around here?

Myrtle72
I read an interesting post on the Twins board before the game started:

Think the Tigers are happy to see the Sox send out a linup without Dye, Thome, and Konerko?

My answer: Yep.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
Great to see Jon get 18 wins for the second straight year, good to see 5 of the 6 runs were manufactured, and good to see the Sox get win #90

October26
09-30-2006, 01:55 PM

Absolutely! The kids played great today. Kudos to Ozzie for sending them out there. Nobody looked scared of the Twinkiedome and their big, bad, fans.

The future looks bright for us.:smile:

TheOldRoman
09-30-2006, 01:56 PM

For the second year in a row, there is whining about the Sox not playing their regulars in meaningless games... and they go on to win them!

cheezheadsoxfan
09-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Let's hope this gets it out of our guys heads that they can't win in the ****ing Twinke dome.

goon
09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
i know that the twins have had probably the best offense in the second half of the season, but their rotation is awful. they are very fortunate to have such a solid and deep bullpen because their starters seem to give up a lot of runs and get knocked out of games quickly, especially their young guys.

i suppose i'm just disappointed that a team with that kind of a rotation can even sniff the playoffs, while the sox are stuck going nowhere with 90 wins.

oh well. let's end the season strongly tomorrow, good job by jon and our young guys.... and tadahito.

oeo
09-30-2006, 02:13 PM
i know that the twins have had probably the best offense in the second half of the season, but their rotation is awful. they are very fortunate to have such a solid and deep bullpen because their starters seem to give up a lot of runs and get knocked out of games quickly, especially their young guys.

i suppose i'm just disappointed that a team with that kind of a rotation can even sniff the playoffs, while the sox are stuck going nowhere with 90 wins.

oh well. let's end the season strongly tomorrow, good job by jon and our young guys.... and tadahito.

Well, to be fair, the only reason their rotation is what it is, is because of injuries. When they had Radke pitching well, and Liriano...it was a pretty good rotation. I'm surprised they've done well this far without those two, but eventually it was going to come back and bite them, and I think it's starting to now. They can't rely on Bonser and Garza in the postseason, that's a lot to ask for...they'll be knocked out, no doubt.

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2006, 02:13 PM
I hope the Twins are looking forward to playing the Yankees in a few days.

:cool:

palehozenychicty
09-30-2006, 02:15 PM
I hope the Twins are looking forward to playing the Yankees in a few days.

the crazy part is that they have a chance with johnson out. nevertheless, beating up on the twins is more heartbreaking for this year. if we could've just GOT in........:(:

KyWhiSoxFan
09-30-2006, 02:17 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Sweeney is the real deal. He is young, yes, but when he is 25 and older he will be a star, maybe sooner.

MarySwiss
09-30-2006, 02:22 PM
the crazy part is that they have a chance with johnson out. nevertheless, beating up on the twins is more heartbreaking for this year. if we could've just GOT in........:(:
Even with Johnson out, that Yankee lineup should make mincemeat out of the Twins' starting pitching, except for Santana, and even he isn't Superman. And I agree with you about us getting in. I would have really liked to see what happened in a Sox/Yanks playoff series, especially with the way our starting pitching has come around lately.

mark2olson
09-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Good job today, fellas! Go out and collect another W tomorrow!

cheeses_h_rice
09-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Even with Johnson out, that Yankee lineup should make mincemeat out of the Twins' starting pitching, except for Santana, and even he isn't Superman.

It's a win-win situation for me. My two least favorite teams playing each other in the first round of the playoffs, and one of them has to lose early and ruin a 95+ win season.

soxinem1
09-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Absolutely! The kids played great today. Kudos to Ozzie for sending them out there. Nobody looked scared of the Twinkiedome and their big, bad, fans.

The future looks bright for us.:smile:

Maybe we should have put the kids in last month!!

goon
09-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, to be fair, the only reason their rotation is what it is, is because of injuries. When they had Radke pitching well, and Liriano...it was a pretty good rotation. I'm surprised they've done well this far without those two, but eventually it was going to come back and bite them, and I think it's starting to now. They can't rely on Bonser and Garza in the postseason, that's a lot to ask for...they'll be knocked out, no doubt.

yes, there rotation is what it is due to injuries, however, liriano hasn't played the past two months (maybe more) and he came into the season in the bullpen. radke hasn't been right for the majority of the season with all of the pain he has been playing through. it's just hard to believe they got where they are off santana, a beat up radke and about half a season from liriano with silva, boof and garza filling out the rest of the rotation.

Grzegorz
09-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Great win, nice to see Garland get his eighteenth win. Would have loved to see a shutout. That is why, whatever the score, the hardest and most important out is the first one in the last inning.

I don't care how it's spun by the Twinkies or Chris Singleton: if these games are unimportant to the Twins then they're goofier than I thought.

Sweep them tomorrow boys; for them Twinkies players set me sour...

JUribe1989
09-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Bring me back a mini Statue of Liberty Twinkies

POTY!

**** the Twins, I'm glad we are sending them to their playoff death in the Bronx. AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (Evil laugh).

Great to see Big Jon end the season on a high note and with 18 wins once again. Josh Fields sure knows how to field his position at third base which is extremely encouraging, and Ross Gload just keeps hitting.

You could see how anxious the Twins are getting after Guerrier gave up that BOMB to Iguchi. He was jumping in the air screaming for it to go foul. But I wouldn't wanna face New York in a guaranteed playoff series loss either. :D:

whitesoxfan
09-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Good to see we at least got 90 wins. Let's send those ****ers reeling into the postseason with another loss tomorrow :smile:

Sox-o-matic
09-30-2006, 03:03 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/mychrisfarleypics/superfans.gif
"Sox sweep da Twinkies, 464-2."

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 03:05 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/mychrisfarleypics/superfans.gif
"Sox sweep da Twinkies, 464-2."

Haha.

See, we don't have to worry about "scoring too many runs" tomorrow. Unless that bad carma after a high scoring game can last through the off-season...

bluestar
09-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't care as much about the Twins having to face the Yankees as I went into this series hoping we would not have to see them clinch the division title against us. Now the Twins HAVE to win tomorrow and pray for the Royals to sweep the Tigers for the Twins to have a chance to win the division.

The Twins seem to have developed a mentality that they can wait until the 9th inning to come back and win games. It has been most gratifying to see them come up short now twice in a row against the Sox.

sox647
09-30-2006, 03:24 PM
:supernana: GO TWINS :supernana:

Sox-o-matic
09-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Haha.

See, we don't have to worry about "scoring too many runs" tomorrow. Unless that bad carma after a high scoring game can last through the off-season...

I want this lineup to be loaded tomorrow. Get into the bullpen and **** 'em up. Mess up their confidence. I'd like to see the Sox do everything they possibly can to **** with the Twins already small chances of advancing past the Yanks.

goon
09-30-2006, 03:52 PM
The Twins seem to have developed a mentality that they can wait until the 9th inning to come back and win games. It has been most gratifying to see them come up short now twice in a row against the Sox.

agreed. it's been fun watch them try to come back, but the sox offense has done such a good job of getting runs in the last two games, along with great starting pitching.

the tigers deserve the central. they've had the division lead close to the whole season and they held off a surging twins team in the second half.

nasox
09-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Well here is what I want to happen in the playoffs:

Yankees (:o:) over Twins
Tigers over As (sorry Big Frank)
Tigers over Yankees

Tigers over Mets

I want the Tigers to win it all. They deserve it.

Jjav829
09-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I want this lineup to be loaded tomorrow. Get into the bullpen and **** 'em up. Mess up their confidence. I'd like to see the Sox do everything they possibly can to **** with the Twins already small chances of advancing past the Yanks.

If the Tigers win the division tonight, I don't think anything we do tomorrow will matter. Getting to their bullpen will just mean some crappy AAA reliever they called up after September 1 will take one for the team. It's not like they are going to run any of their real relievers out their in a meaningless game.

And I seriously doubt their confidence will be messed up by anything that happens tomorrow.

I liked the lineup today. It felt like a Spring Training game. :smile:

chisoxmike
09-30-2006, 03:59 PM

Tigers over Yankees

Tigers over Mets

BAH! Here's what I want

Yankees over Twins
A's over Tigers

A's over Yankees

A's over Mets- congrats Frank!

FarWestChicago
09-30-2006, 04:14 PM
A's over Tigers

A's over Yankees

A's over Mets:puking: :puking: :puking:

****ing FOBB's. :talktothehand:

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 04:16 PM

Tigers over Yankees

Tigers over Mets

I agree. Go Tigers.

chisoxmike
09-30-2006, 04:17 PM
:puking: :puking: :puking:

****ing FOBB's. :talktothehand:

You conveniently left out the point where I said "congrats Frank." Not "congrats Billy." As you think my wanting the A's to win has to do with for some reason.:rolleyes: I'm a FOFT.

So, I guess its ok for Aaron Rowand love, but no love for the Sox greatest player of all time?

4th Gen. Sox Fan
09-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I agree. Go Tigers.
I 3rd that

whitesoxfan
09-30-2006, 04:29 PM
You conveniently left out the point where I said "congrats Frank." Not "congrats Billy." As you think my wanting the A's to win has to do with for some reason.:rolleyes: I'm a FOFT.

Basically the only reason I'm going for the A's as well.

FarWestChicago
09-30-2006, 04:30 PM
You conveniently left out the point where I said "congrats Frank." Not "congrats Billy." As you think my wanting the A's to win has to do with for some reason.:rolleyes: I'm a FOFT.Try to spin it any way you want. Your true colors are shown.

:fobbgod:

Yet another convert. All shall be mine!!

chisoxmike
09-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Try to spin it any way you want. Your true colors are shown.

:fobbgod:

Yet another convert. All shall be mine!!

Ok. :rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
09-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Ok. :rolleyes:And keep your A's loving crap out of the Clubhouse. It doesn't belong here at all.

SOXSINCE'70
09-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Sox make it to 90 wins. 5th time in 16 seasons (since 1990) with 90 wins.

And they will finish in THIRD place,out of playoff contention.:(: :(:
The Sox had opportunity after opportunity to win the WC,
at the very least,and they threw them all away.

The A.L. Central is now one of baseball's deepest divisions.

SOXSINCE'70
09-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see the Sox do everything they possibly can to **** with the Twins already small chances of advancing past the Yanks.

I don't see the Tiggers or A's getting past them either.

Frankfan4life
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I missed the end of the game but this was another sweeet win. Especially since we sent out a bunch of minor leaguers and subs and still won. I just hope the Tiggers can figure out KC today.

This is what we do to piranhas. :redneck Take note Yankees!

http://www.benac.com/marypirahna.jpg

IronFisk
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
BAH! Here's what I want

Yankees over Twins
A's over Tigers

A's over Yankees

A's over Mets- congrats Frank!

You know, I have to agree with that logic.

Oh yeah...

TWINS SUCK TWINS SUCK TWINS SUCK TWINS SUCK!!!!!!!
:supernana:

BA: The Hitman
09-30-2006, 04:49 PM
It was nice to see a win today with all the young guys playin and garland closing out the season strong. But, it still hurt that this win meant nothing and it was a meaningless game. 3 weeks ago, the whole world was pointing to this series to determine who is going to the playoffs. Ah well, I'll ge tover it sooner or later.

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 04:59 PM
It was nice to see a win today with all the young guys playin and garland closing out the season strong. But, it still hurt that this win meant nothing and it was a meaningless game. 3 weeks ago, the whole world was pointing to this series to determine who is going to the playoffs. Ah well, I'll ge tover it sooner or later.

Not all the young guys... somehow Alomar snuck in there and Stewart didn't get to play. That was annoying.

hose
09-30-2006, 05:21 PM
The Piranhas look more like Crappies this weekend.

GO SOX

GO TIGERS

RadioheadRocks
09-30-2006, 06:34 PM

Tigers over Yankees

Tigers over Mets

I'm just going to cut through the chase and cheer for either the Mets or the Padres to win it all... would love to see some more October magic from either El Duque or Blum. :D: :D: :D:

flo-B-flo
09-30-2006, 09:37 PM
What numbs me is how well they played against an urgent twins team. A while back minny skunked the Sox in Chicago. I know they can beat this team this year and last year. Disappointing.

Grzegorz
10-01-2006, 06:01 AM
GO SOX

GO TIGERS

First off I do not want a NL team to win the WS regardless of the AL opponent.

That said screw the Twins, Yankees, A's (Frank too)... Here's to the Tigers (now if they could only beat the Royals).