PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Loading the bases to face Nevin was the plan all along

Frater Perdurabo
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
The thread title should be in teal, but at least the strategy worked. I hate the Twins. It's good to stick a knife in their miserable backs for once.

Brian26
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Freddy with win #17, and AJ rules.

:winner

Brian26
09-29-2006, 09:41 PM
AJ stepped on the plate on the dropped third strike with the bases loaded. Love the way he was calling for the check swing appeals in the 9th.

illini81887
09-29-2006, 09:42 PM
1 more to 90wins

buehrle4cy05
:rolling:

Here's hoping we send them on a 3-game losing streak going into the playoffs.:cool:

And if any Twins fan reading this thinks I'm bitter...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/1194436.jpg

(because I am)

Frater Perdurabo
It's good to see A.J. come up with the timely RBI to hurt the Twins.

The only moral victories now are to damage the Twins.

Let's hope the Sox shred their bullpen tomorrow and Sunday and leave the Twins defenseless against the Yankees.

chisoxfan83
lets at least make the road tough for the twins, no home field for them!!

JB98
Hey, Twins fans! **** YOU!!!!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

oeo
09-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Eat **** Twinkies.

That 9th was a fluke...cheapie by Punto; what should have been called a K on Rodriguez (that was his name, right?). Another cheapie by Hunter. The only thing they really earned was Cuddyer's double, but he's been hot lately and was hitting it hard all day. I'm glad he walked Lew Ford...anything in the strikezone and he was going to get a broken bat homerun or something.

Good job Sox, 2 more.

Kub_Killer_15
09-29-2006, 09:43 PM
:twinslose

Jenks looked shakey but managed to strike out the side:redneck

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Any of you who didn't have to deal with the Twins feed, consider yourselves lucky.

I can't believe I cared as much about this game as I did, but I did. Yesssss! Let's sweep 'em!

Edit: Oh, yeah. You gotta love how that must've hit those Twins fans with all their cute little piranha signs.

illini81887
tigers down 9-5 1 out in bot 11 but have bases loaded

PushinWeight
Ha! Good luck in NY!:supernana:

October26
Yes.:bandance:

Here's the recipe for piranha poison, Ozzie:

1) Good pitching (Thanks, Freddie)
2) Good Defense (except for Sweeney)
3) Good Hitting: Dye, Cintron, Thome and AJ
4) Bobby Jenks + Maalox

Deuce
09-29-2006, 09:45 PM
I love it. The Twins win to make the playoffs, and only 18K people show. 45K people show, and the team drops a heartbreaker. It just goes to show that even though it may be great to be going to the postseason, but it still sucks to be a Twinkie.

:notwinks

Frater Perdurabo
Did I mention that I detest the Twins? :tongue:

I know the Twins are pesky, but Jenks has been a bit wobbly throughout the second half. Let's hope it's just a function of the Sox bullpen in general sucking this year, and that next year he will report to camp in shape, ready to throw both his fastball and curveball for strikes.

Frankfan4life
All I have to say is, HA, HA, HA, HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:

http://www.witc.tec.wi.us/news/ricelake/IMAGES/FISHING%20PICS/CATCHING%20FISH.JPG

zmz723
Freddy's trade value continues to rise

cheezheadsoxfan
It's good to see A.J. come up with the timely RBI to hurt the Twins.

The only moral victories now are to damage the Twins.

Let's hope the Sox shred their bullpen tomorrow and Sunday and leave the Twins defenseless against the Yankees.

Just got in from work, couldn't follow the game but it sounds like AJ put it to the Twinks. Wonderfull! I hate the bastards!!

soxfanatlanta
09-29-2006, 09:46 PM

There's shakey, and then there is Mark Wholers shakey. I hope he heals himself and drops some weight this off season; we need him big time next year.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
09-29-2006, 09:46 PM
A win is a win, nice job by Freddy, huge RBI by AJ in the top of the 9th

illini81887
09-29-2006, 09:47 PM
9-7 royals

oeo
09-29-2006, 09:49 PM

Trading Freddy would be a mistake. There's still a chance he can have his velocity back next year. I'd rather they trade a young, cheap guy, aka McCarthy. The D'Rays won't take Freddy, they'll take McCarthy. Or maybe it's the Mariners?

goon

bobby seems to have been throwing a lot more cutfastballs than ever before. alothough the velocity seems a bit down, maybe he is just mastering the control of it. bobby with a cutter could be nice.

illini81887
tigers lose

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2006, 09:50 PM
AJ stepped on the plate on the dropped third strike with the bases loaded. Love the way he was calling for the check swing appeals in the 9th.

Plus the stolen base, an RBI -- boo him even more loudly, Twinks fans!

Frankfan4life
09-29-2006, 09:50 PM
I want the twins to win it all but not really. I just want them to because I found out my cousin has a month to live because of a brain tumor and hes a die hard twins fan:(:I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. God bless him!

zmz723
09-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Trading Freddy would be a mistake. There's still a chance he can have his velocity back next year. I'd rather they trade a young, cheap guy, aka McCarthy. The D'Rays won't take Freddy, they'll take McCarthy. Or maybe it's the Mariners?

Why on earth would you rather trade the older, MUCH more expensive freddy than the young, cheap mccarthy if they fetch the same thiing like you are implying?

Kub_Killer_15
09-29-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. God bless him!

Thank you. I went to the Twins Sox game with him in August and I could tell he wasn't all there. I wish him the best but I do not wish his team the best...I just cant do it.

oeo
09-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Why on earth would you rather trade the older, MUCH more expensive freddy than the young, cheap mccarthy if they fetch the same thiing like you are implying?

They don't fetch the same thing, I never implied that. Freddy is too expensive for the D'Rays, there's no way they take him. I'd definately trade a young, cheap McCarthy, for Crawford. The rotation's performance this year was a fluke, I'm telling you.

Whitesoxwho?
09-29-2006, 10:00 PM
All I have to say is, HA, HA, HA, HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:

http://www.witc.tec.wi.us/news/ricelake/IMAGES/FISHING%20PICS/CATCHING%20FISH.JPG

:troll

I love to smear piranhas all over myself in my Mom's basement in Golden Valley!

Chips
09-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Blah, blah, blah

:dtroll:

Kub_Killer_15
09-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Uh oh Twinkie are you lost? :dtroll: :dtroll:

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Is it really that funny to watch your team finish their playoff-free season? If so, more power to you. For the rest of you, very good game and certainly a difficult one to watch as a Twinkies' Fan. I must say though, you do take a lot of pride in coming up JUST SHORT of doing anything this year. Sure, sure.....Bring up last year. Good year for you there, you had an awesome season. Honestly though, that matters not this year. You're just riding your downward spiral as a team with too many superstars and not enough team players. Go get 'em AJ. Too bad you couldn't help your team sustain a considerable lead over the lowly Twinkies. Thankfully, we got Nathan, Liriano, and Boof for your annoying, over-rated, lil' punk.....BLEEEEEEEP! Love you guys, cheer hard for us in the PLAYOFFS!!!

P.S. I still love how Torii acquainted himself with your "catcher". :cool:

P.P.S. Dude, those are some tiny lil' fishies! Look like little baby piranhas! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Want some cheese with that whine? How's that inferiority complex therapy coming along?

oeo
09-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey I'm a tool! :cool:

Nice name.

Well, since the Sox are out of the race, it's nice to see them spoiling the Twinkies chances for homefield advantage in the first round.

No need to rub it in, it'll be another one and done for the Twinks in the postseason.

Whitesoxwho?
09-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Want some cheese with that whine? How's that inferiority complex therapy coming along?

Whine? I'm celebrating baby, looking forward to getting thumped by the Yankees AGAIN!

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Whine? I'm celebrating baby, looking forward to the playoffs! :bandance:

Better drink up fast, loser.

Kub_Killer_15

Get your ass stomped on by the yankees first round again? FUN! Or for me atleast

JB98
Is it really that funny to watch your team finish their playoff-free season? If so, more power to you. For the rest of you, very good game and certainly a difficult one to watch as a Twinkies' Fan. I must say though, you do take a lot of pride in coming up JUST SHORT of doing anything this year. Sure, sure.....Bring up last year. Good year for you there, you had an awesome season. Honestly though, that matters not this year. You're just riding your downward spiral as a team with too many superstars and not enough team players. Go get 'em AJ. Too bad you couldn't help your team sustain a considerable lead over the lowly Twinkies. Thankfully, we got Nathan, Liriano, and Boof for your annoying, over-rated, lil' punk.....BLEEEEEEEP! Love you guys, cheer hard for us in the PLAYOFFS!!!

P.S. I still love how Torii acquainted himself with your "catcher". :cool:

P.P.S. Dude, those are some tiny lil' fishies! Look like little baby piranhas! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Boof? You mean the guy who lost the game tonight?

Whitesoxwho?
09-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Get your ass stomped on by the yankees first round again? FUN! Or for me atleast

Look! I'm rolling naked in a vat of ice cream at the Baggie Dome

oeo
09-29-2006, 10:07 PM

Do you honestly enjoy getting beat by the Yankees in the first round, every time you go to the playoffs? Nothing to get excited about...without their turf, they're nothing.

Soxworldchamps
So, how exactly did Pierzynski manage to steal 2nd?

Whitesoxwho?

I got me some K-Y and a Twins media guide! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kub_Killer_15
09-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Not making the playoffs again? Enough said. FLUKE!:supernana:
Oh no:o: I'm shaking in my World Series shirt loser.

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 10:08 PM

Well now, there's making the playoffs. And then there's doing something once you get there. I'll take the latter; you guys can follow your usual pattern.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-29-2006, 10:09 PM
They don't fetch the same thing, I never implied that. Freddy is too expensive for the D'Rays, there's no way they take him. I'd definately trade a young, cheap McCarthy, for Crawford. The rotation's performance this year was a fluke, I'm telling you.

According to a Trib article earlier this week (maybe the Sun-Times), the collective ERA of the starters in 2005 was by far a career best for them and the fluke. Their norm is closer to this year's collective ERA around 4.50. The Sox can't afford to think this year's starting five next year will be able to have a collective 3.65 or so ERA like last year. Some changes will have to be made.

SoxFanPrope
09-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Later all, I'm gonna' go celebrate a season that continues on into October. Enjoy your REGULAR season victory. :)

Oh please don't leave so soon!

JB98
09-29-2006, 10:10 PM

The 2005 White Sox will be remembered forever. The 2006 Twins will be the **** on the bottom of the Yankees shoe come next week.

**** you, Twins fan. You lost tonight, and there's more of that where that came from tomorrow.

Did I mention? **** YOU!!!!!!:gulp:

oeo
09-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Later all, I'm gonna' go celebrate a season that continues on into October. Enjoy your REGULAR season victory. :)

I sure will. I know you're not happy about the loss, when they could have taken sole position of first place. No need to hide it, any real Twins fan would be pissed. You'll be gone for good in a little bit anyway, I hope you enjoyed your stay.

The Dude
09-29-2006, 10:15 PM

Go **** yourself! Enjoy your first round loss.

whitesoxwilkes
09-29-2006, 10:24 PM
:deadtrolls

HE GONE

Myrtle72
09-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I think it's funny that Twins fans (or maybe it's just the same fan over and over) feel the need to come here and stir up trouble.

I mean, don't you have your own team to enjoy?

Ah, well, it's okay, every time a Twins fan posts some **** on our board, it just makes me feel that much better about being a Sox fan.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I like how the troll takes us to task for living in the past about last year's WS win, but then taunts us about a play at the plate from several seasons ago. That that these events have equal weight in his/her/its mind shows you what a pathetic fan base the Twinks have.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I think it's funny that Twins fans (or maybe it's just the same fan over and over) feel the need to come here and stir up trouble.

I mean, don't you have your own team to enjoy?

Ah, well, it's okay, every time a Twins fan posts some **** on our board, it just makes me feel that much better about being a Sox fan.

Truly. Kinda pathetic if he/she gets more enjoyment out of stirring the **** over here than enjoying their own team.

Frankfan4life
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Obviously, the Sox win really put some hurt on the Twinkies. If only KC wasn't THE KING OF SPOILERS!! I can't blame them, though, I see how much fun being a spoiler can be. :D:

Hitmen77
09-29-2006, 11:11 PM

The Sox won't trade McCarthy because he makes the league minimum. Since their payroll is already close to $100 million, they're likely to trade one of their $10 million starters to make room for Brandon and free up payroll space to fill holes at LF, SS, and/or bullpen.

Hitmen77
09-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Sox get 2 chances now to make 90 wins. Small consolation, but lets make that milestone and then start planning for our '07 comeback. :gulp:

Myrtle72
09-29-2006, 11:13 PM
The Sox won't trade McCarthy because he makes the league minimum. Since their payroll is already close to $100 million, they're likely to trade one of their $10 million starters to make room for Brandon and free up payroll space to fill holes at LF, SS, and/or bullpen.

*cough* ...Javy... *cough*

Hitmen77
09-29-2006, 11:20 PM
*cough* ...Javy... *cough*

I was thinking it would be Garcia for sure, but he's looked good this month. The analysts (i think it was Melton who mentioned it tonight) have been talking about him developing a split finger pitch(?).

Maybe it is Javy that I'd like to see go. Regardless, KW has his work cut out for him making decisions this winter about what to do with the starters. I don't envy him - he could easily trade someone who will turn out to have a terrific season with someone else next year and then in hindsight we'll all be calling for his head.

Myrtle72
09-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Regardless, KW has his work cut out for him making decisions this winter about what to do with the starters. I don't envy him - he could easily trade someone who will turn out to have a terrific season with someone else next year and then in hindsight we'll all be calling for his head.

Based on recent history, I'd say the chances of that happening are very likely.

But, if for example, KW trades Pods and Pods has a fantastic year on some NL team, sure we'd be dissapointed he wasn't doing that for our team. But just because he has a great year on another team doesn't mean that he would have had a great year on our team.

The "what-ifs" are always what kill me, so I have to keep reminding myself of these things.

I figure as long as KW biulds a strong team, it doesn't matter how our past players do in 2007.

Nellie_Fox
09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
1 more to 90winsThat does nothing for me. Third place with 90 wins is absolutely no better than third place with 89 wins.

Trading Freddy would be a mistake. There's still a chance he can have his velocity back next year. I'm starting to think that getting rid of Freddy would be a mistake, but not because I think he'll get his velocity back, but because I think he is learning how to be effective without it. There have been a lot of pitchers over the years who have lost their fastball but rebounded and had long, successful careers. Frank Tanana comes to mind.

IronFisk
09-30-2006, 02:28 AM
TWINS SUCK TWINS SUCK TWINS SUCK TWINS SUCK

Ahhh, I just love how it flows off my tounge!

caulfield12
09-30-2006, 03:44 AM

Based on their career ERA's or the fact that Cooper will "fix" them for next season?

caulfield12
09-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Based on recent history, I'd say the chances of that happening are very likely.

But, if for example, KW trades Pods and Pods has a fantastic year on some NL team, sure we'd be dissapointed he wasn't doing that for our team. But just because he has a great year on another team doesn't mean that he would have had a great year on our team.

The "what-ifs" are always what kill me, so I have to keep reminding myself of these things.

I figure as long as KW biulds a strong team, it doesn't matter how our past players do in 2007.

See Frank Thomas (2006), Kip Wells (2002-2004), Miguel Olivo or Joe Borchard, etc.

caulfield12
09-30-2006, 03:51 AM
That does nothing for me. Third place with 90 wins is absolutely no better than third place with 89 wins.

I'm starting to think that getting rid of Freddy would be a mistake, but not because I think he'll get his velocity back, but because I think he is learning how to be effective without it. There have been a lot of pitchers over the years who have lost their fastball but rebounded and had long, successful careers. Frank Tanana comes to mind.

So who would you trade of our six pitchers, if any?

Chez
09-30-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm hoping we crush the Twins today and tomorrow; but after that? There is no way I could ever root for the Yankees. Once the playoffs start, I'm pulling for the Tigers and Twins to meet in the ALCS.

harwar
09-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Any of you who didn't have to deal with the Twins feed, consider yourselves lucky.

Yea, i watch quite a few feeds from different cities around MLB and that includes the twins guys who are not half bad UNTIL they start winning.
Then they become UNBEARABLE and i have to turn the tv volume down and the radio up.

harwar
09-30-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm hoping we crush the Twins today and tomorrow; but after that? There is no way I could ever root for the Yankees. Once the playoffs start, I'm pulling for the Tigers and Twins to meet in the ALCS.

I am pulling for the Tigers to represent the AL central,in good form,until we get back to where we belong.
As for the twins ..**** EM.
I hope the get blown out of every post-season game.

southside rocks
09-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Plus the stolen base, an RBI -- boo him even more loudly, Twinks fans!

Two years since AJ last stole a base, and he gets the urge to do it in the Twinkiedome, on Joe Mauer. Gee, go figure! That was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. I love AJ! :D: This game was "AJ Sticks It To The Loser Twins." I hope he offered to show them his World Series ring.

Look out, you stupid pirhanas, the big fish are in town and you're dinner!

The Twinkies are 53-26 in the Dome and 42-39 on the road. The ONLY reason they're in 2nd place is that they know how to play that awful turf in the Dome. They bash ground balls into the rug and get them past the infielders. If the Twinkies played their games at the Cell or at Comerica, they'd be the .500 team that they really are.

Pfffttt, they'll get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, and I'll be cheering when they do. :tongue:

southside rocks
09-30-2006, 08:40 AM
That does nothing for me. Third place with 90 wins is absolutely no better than third place with 89 wins.

Doesn't do much for me either, but it does for the players and the club. As Farmio said the other day, it's like the difference between a guy finishing with 99 RBI and finishing with 100 RBI. It's a dividing line in measuring performance. So I'm sure the players and management care a lot about getting to it.

BTW, the last time the ballclub that plays on the north side of Chicago had 89 wins in a season, they made the post-season. Yet another factoid that makes this season such a bitter pill for many Sox fans to swallow. :mad:

caulfield12
09-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Two years since AJ last stole a base, and he gets the urge to do it in the Twinkiedome, on Joe Mauer. Gee, go figure! That was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. I love AJ! :D: This game was "AJ Sticks It To The Loser Twins." I hope he offered to show them his World Series ring.

Look out, you stupid pirhanas, the big fish are in town and you're dinner!

The Twinkies are 53-26 in the Dome and 42-39 on the road. The ONLY reason they're in 2nd place is that they know how to play that awful turf in the Dome. They bash ground balls into the rug and get them past the infielders. If the Twinkies played their games at the Cell or at Comerica, they'd be the .500 team that they really are.

Pfffttt, they'll get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, and I'll be cheering when they do. :tongue:

So you really believe their pitching and style of game wouldn't be as effective in an outdoor stadium? Pitching is pitching.

I can't wait until 2010 and the Twins are still winning and beating us and everyone's scratching their heads saying "I thought it was the Dome" that caused them to win all those games.

Even if that is the truth...

Minnesota Team ERA at home 3.40, road 4.54
White Sox Team ERA at home 4.43 road 4.84 (shouldn't it be better on the road because of the Cell?)
Tigers Team ERA at home 3.80 road 3.78 (should be better in a pitcher's park)

then we have to do something about it, rather than complain that the Twins have a more distinct homefield advantage the next three seasons.

Do you think any true Sox fans are going to accept 2nd place or not making the playoffs because of the Metrodome. The more people talk about it, the stronger that makes their advantage.

Heck, for that matter, does the Cardinals 26-52 road mark matter to their fans if they make it to the playoffs and survive?

southside rocks
09-30-2006, 10:04 AM
So you really believe their pitching and style of game wouldn't be as effective in an outdoor stadium? Pitching is pitching.

No, I think their offensive game works best for them on fake turf. They get lots of choppy little hits and they have the speed to beat them out. And their pitching is good, so their pitchers pretty much always keep them in the games.

I thought that watching the game last night, and then I looked up their W/L at home and on the road and was interested to see that most of their winning percentage is due to their play in the Humpdome.

When they finally tear down that trash heap and the Twins play in a real stadium, it will be interesting to see how and if their game changes with their home field.

The poor performance of Sox pitchers this year had nothing to do with the Humpdome, though.

flo-B-flo
09-30-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm pulling for the twinkers and the kitties to shoot their collective wad and get bounced from the post season. Then Big Frank bombs the Ass's over the yankers into the series. Right in front of Giambonol. Maybe the guilt will cause Giambonol to give the 2000 MVP trophy to it's rightful owner.

DickAllen72
09-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Sox get 2 chances now to make 90 wins. Small consolation, but lets make that milestone and then start planning for our '07 comeback. :gulp:
Heck, let's go for 91! :gulp:

caulfield12
09-30-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm pulling for the twinkers and the kitties to shoot their collective wad and get bounced from the post season. Then Big Frank bombs the Ass's over the yankers into the series. Right in front of Giambonol. Maybe the guilt will cause Giambonol to give the 2000 MVP trophy to it's rightful owner.

I prefer the Twins or Tigers, call me a loyalist.

For one, it makes it a little easier to say we were beaten by the champions (instead of ourselves).

Of course, of those two, I MUCH prefer the Tigers. I probably would rather see Oakland over Minnesota (because of Thomas, not BB)

But I will root like heck for the Twins to beat the Yankees. And I think they might do it, with Radke back, Big Unit iffy and Mariano hurting.

It means they have to use Lidle now.

DickAllen72
09-30-2006, 10:41 AM
I want the World Series Champions to come from the AL Central every year.

Soxworldchamps
09-30-2006, 11:26 AM
I want the World Series Champions to be the White Sox every year :D:

DickAllen72
09-30-2006, 12:33 PM
I want the World Series Champions to be the White Sox every year :D:

Me too. :gulp:

Hitmen77
09-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Doesn't do much for me either, but it does for the players and the club. As Farmio said the other day, it's like the difference between a guy finishing with 99 RBI and finishing with 100 RBI. It's a dividing line in measuring performance. So I'm sure the players and management care a lot about getting to it.

BTW, the last time the ballclub that plays on the north side of Chicago had 89 wins in a season, they made the post-season. Yet another factoid that makes this season such a bitter pill for many Sox fans to swallow. :mad:

Sox made it to 90. I agree with your comparison to 99 vs. 100 RBI.

The NL sucks. The '06 Sox, for all its failures, will have a better record than any Cub team since 1989 - including two that made the playoffs.

October26
09-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Sox made it to 90. I agree with your comparison to 99 vs. 100 RBI.

The NL sucks. The '06 Sox, for all its failures, will have a better record than any Cub team since 1989 - including two that made the playoffs.

:cheers:

flo-B-flo
09-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I prefer the Twins or Tigers, call me a loyalist.

For one, it makes it a little easier to say we were beaten by the champions (instead of ourselves).

Of course, of those two, I MUCH prefer the Tigers. I probably would rather see Oakland over Minnesota (because of Thomas, not BB)

But I will root like heck for the Twins to beat the Yankees. And I think they might do it, with Radke back, Big Unit iffy and Mariano hurting.

It means they have to use Lidle now. Good points all.......But I have a dream........