PDA

View Full Version : Serious trade proposal

PushinWeight
09-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Let's say the cards complete their collapse. Would it be possible to take Pujols, the best player in baseball, away from them? If they don't make it you know they will be calling for some major changes. So I think we can take advantage of that. I think it would take Buehrle, Konerko, and possibly a Crede/Fields to get the deal done. It would give them a healthy new core and it would give us room for some of the new guys to get starting jobs. Imagine a team like this...

1. Iguchi
2. Fields(starting 3B)
3. Pujols
4. Thome
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Uribe/Cinton
8. Anderson/ Free agent signing
9. Owens/free agent(pods gone)

Then a starting staff of
1. Contrares
2. Garland
3. Big game freddie
4. Vazquez
5. McCarthy/Haeger

Posednik needs to go. And I wouldn't mind losing either Vasquez or freddie so that Haeger and McCarthy are in the rotation. I think these guys are going to be awsome major league starters and need to be starting next year. We would have either freddie or zasquez and pods to trade away for a good outfielder.
Crede and Buerhle are both big St. Louis guys and the cards fans would love them. I think they just might do this deal. Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

buehrle4cy05
09-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Not a chance.

oeo
09-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Let's say the cards complete their collapse. Would it be possible to take Pujols, the best player in baseball, away from them? If they don't make it you know they will be calling for some major changes. So I think we can take advantage of that. I think it would take Buehrle, Konerko, and possibly a Crede/Fields to get the deal done. It would give them a healthy new core and it would give us room for some of the new guys to get starting jobs. Imagine a team like this...

1. Iguchi
2. Fields(starting 3B)
3. Pujols
4. Thome
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Uribe/Cinton

Then a starting staff of
1. Contrares
2. Garland
3. Big game freddie
4. Vazquez
5. McCarthy/Haeger

Posednik needs to go. And I wouldn't mind losing either Vasquez or freddie so that Haeger and McCarthy are in the rotation. I think these guys are going to be awsome major league starters and need to be starting next year. We would have either freddie or zasquez and pods to trade away for a good outfielder.
Crede and Buerhle are both big St. Louis guys and the cards fans would love them. I think they just might do this deal. Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

I think it would go something like this...
Kenny: Hello, is Puj...
*Cardinals hang up and block his number*

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 03:29 PM
:rolling:

CHISOXFAN13
09-29-2006, 03:29 PM

1. Iguchi
2. Fields(starting 3B)
3. Pujols
4. Thome
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Uribe/Cinton

Then a starting staff of
1. Contrares
2. Garland
3. Big game freddie
4. Vazquez
5. McCarthy/Haeger

It's going to be a really long winter around here.

QCIASOXFAN
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
I think Pujols might be a franchise player.:unsure: I agree that when they collapse they will make serious changes. I also guarantee he wont be one of them.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/hytner.gif

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

caulfield12
09-29-2006, 03:31 PM

1. Iguchi
2. Fields(starting 3B)
3. Pujols
4. Thome
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Uribe/Cinton

Then a starting staff of
1. Contrares
2. Garland
3. Big game freddie
4. Vazquez
5. McCarthy/Haeger

Absolutely not. You just put us into 3rd/4th place for 3-5 years.

If our stated goal was to improve the Cardinals for the next 5 years and help them make the playoffs, that would be great.

Haeger AND McCarthy? Ummm...no.

I almost "hate" that line-up. Trading Buehrle and Konerko, let alone Crede/Fields, might be TOO much.

You're moving all of our pitchers farther up in the rotation than they belong by one or two spots each.

Disaster looms. Does the term "starting pitching wins championships" not register?

thomas35forever
09-29-2006, 03:53 PM
In your dreams.:whatever:

PushinWeight
09-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I know this would depend a lot on McCarthy and Haeger a lot, but I like them a lot. I think they're going to be something special. As for pujols I should have put the post in pink because I know the cards will probobly never let him go in any circumstance as long as he keeps playing like he does.

WS in 05
09-29-2006, 04:10 PM
With a name like that all I can say is :bong:

palehozenychicty
09-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Uh....nee.

cleanwsox
09-29-2006, 04:16 PM
What a great way to start off the hot stove winter rumor season!

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6665/banane49xj5.gif

areilly
09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Given the guy's value to the team, the organization, the city, and the National League, the Cardinals would probably want something like this:

Garland
Contreras
Buerhle
McCarthy
Konerko
Crede
Fields
Sweeney
Haegar

Excuse me while I go power-vomit. We're more likely to get Alex Rodriguez.

CLR01
09-29-2006, 04:33 PM
The only way the Cardinals make that trade is if we throw in Tracey and take Carpenter of their hands.

:rolleyes:

eriqjaffe
09-29-2006, 04:58 PM
What's Bob Gibson up to these days?

Myrtle72
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
First of all, we won't get him. Ever.

Second of all, I'd much rather have a couple of strong guys combined than have one really really awesome player.

Seems more logical to me. We'd have to give up way too much to get him and it's not worth it.

MadetoOrta
09-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Any more of this cubfan-like polyanna crap and I'm out of here 'til Spring Training.

"Maybe if we trade Blanco, Prior and Ramirez to Minnesota for Mauer and Bonser". [Actual trade proposal from Cub fans I heard at lunch a few days ago]

esbrechtel
09-29-2006, 06:16 PM
fat albert is not worth us giving up crede, konerko, buehrle......EVER:threadblows:

Britt Burns
09-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Why not a three team trade that gets us Pujols and Johann Santana?

chaerulez
09-29-2006, 06:42 PM
There is no way the Cards trade Pujlos. Not even if the trade was slightly in their favor would they do it because of him being the face of the organization. The fan backlash would be so great, they couldn't risk it. Unless they were offered like Konerko, Burhele, Crede, Jenks, and maybe one more quality player I don't see them even thinking about it.

WSox597
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
The sad thing, is with Pujols, with that rotation pitching the way it did this year, and trading all the other players to get him, the Sox probably finish behind the Royals.

chaerulez
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
fat albert is not worth us giving up crede, konerko, buehrle......EVER:threadblows:

Wow, taking unnecessary shots at Pujlos, how classy.

fquaye149
09-30-2006, 12:59 PM

Are you serious? I'd throw in Dye if we could get Pujols. ****. Young, the best player in baseball, a great ambassador to the game.

There is no price that is too high to pay for Pujols.

That is precisely why anyone who thinks the Cards will give him up either has a 20-watt bulb upstairs or is a few apples short of a bushel.

ChiSoxlukes
09-30-2006, 02:08 PM
I thought the title of this thread was "Serious Trade Proposal" not "Let's Always Finish 3rd in the Central!"

Beer Can Chicken
09-30-2006, 02:09 PM

1. Iguchi
2. Fields(starting 3B)
3. Pujols
4. Thome
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Uribe/Cinton

Then a starting staff of
1. Contrares
2. Garland
3. Big game freddie
4. Vazquez
5. McCarthy/Haeger

Maybe we can get Ryan Howard, Ichiro, Jeter, Santana, and Miguel Cabrera too....

MarySwiss
09-30-2006, 02:33 PM
A story in today's online Trib quoted Kenny as saying, "We're going to bring back most of what we have." I know he likes to fly under the radar, but I doubt he's going to make wholesale changes to a team that--after all--finished with 90 (or 91) wins. And personally, I hope he doesn't.

Chips
09-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Grave in quality or manner: gave me a serious look.

Carried out in earnest: engaged in serious drinking; serious study of Italian.
Deeply interested or involved: a serious card player.
Designed for and addressing grave and earnest tastes: serious art; serious music.
Not trifling or jesting: I'm serious: we expect you to complete the assignment on time. Her question was serious enough to deserve a thoughtful response.
Of considerable size or scope; substantial: a cleanup that cost serious money.
Of such character or quality as to appeal to the expert, the connoisseur, or the sophisticate: “Every serious kitchen needs at least one peppermill” (Washington Post).
Concerned with important rather than trivial matters: a serious student of history.

Being of such import as to cause anxiety: serious injuries; a serious turn of events.
Too complex to be easily answered or solved: raised some serious objections to the proposal.

Jjav829
09-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Let's say the cards complete their collapse. Would it be possible to take Pujols, the best player in baseball, away from them?

Uhh, No. Unless we add in Ross Gload.
If they don't make it you know they will be calling for some major changes. So I think we can take advantage of that. I think it would take Buehrle, Konerko, and possibly a Crede/Fields to get the deal done. It would give them a healthy new core and it would give us room for some of the new guys to get starting jobs.

Love the logic. "Hey, we just had a major collapse. You know who is to blame for this? The best player in baseball who has carried us most of the year except for that portion when he was hurt. Forget that we don't have an outfielder who can hit, play defense and stay healthy, or that we don't have a 2nd starter worth a damn, the fall guy for this collapse needs to be the greatest player in the game!" Unfortunately, Cardinals fans, and Cardinals management doesn't think like that. It's a moot point now as the Cardinals are on the verge of securing their playoff berth.

Crede and Buerhle are both big St. Louis guys and the cards fans would love them.

I guarantee you if you could somehow measure the love a fanbase has for a player, the Cardinals fans' love for Crede and Buehrle wouldn't be close to half of their love for Pujols.

caulfield12
09-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Uhh, No. [color=Teal]Unless we add in Ross Gload.[color=Black]

Love the logic. "Hey, we just had a major collapse. You know who is to blame for this? The best player in baseball who has carried us most of the year except for that portion when he was hurt. Forget that we don't have an outfielder who can hit, play defense and stay healthy, or that we don't have a 2nd starter worth a damn, the fall guy for this collapse needs to be the greatest player in the game!" Unfortunately, Cardinals fans, and Cardinals management doesn't think like that. It's a moot point now as the Cardinals are on the verge of securing their playoff berth.

I guarantee you if you could somehow measure the love a fanbase has for a player, the Cardinals fans' love for Crede and Buehrle wouldn't be close to half of their love for Pujols.

Same thing with McGwire and McGee.

Not having to share the spotlight with another team helps.

PushinWeight
09-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Ok, I totally agree with you guys. Now that I have read this topic again the whole idea is just plain insane. Guess I had a few too many.:anon:

shoelessshaun27!
09-30-2006, 11:04 PM
I like the way you think but I don't think it'll happen. I don't think Kenny would think of that. You should like call him.

southside rocks
10-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Ok, I totally agree with you guys. Now that I have read this topic again the whole idea is just plain insane. Guess I had a few too many.:anon:

Well, yeah, but it was also a really funny thread ... :tongue:

Rockman218
10-04-2006, 08:46 PM
If it were possible to get Pujols and keep Joe Crede and Paul Konerko i would be all for it. MArk Beuhrle may be a fan favorite but he was a cardinals fan his whole life and said he would like to go there as soon as his contract is up. If we could trade him and Uribe for Pujols that would be awesome.

Jjav829
10-04-2006, 11:26 PM
If it were possible to get Pujols and keep Joe Crede and Paul Konerko i would be all for it. MArk Beuhrle may be a fan favorite but he was a cardinals fan his whole life and said he would like to go there as soon as his contract is up. If we could trade him and Uribe for Pujols that would be awesome.

It would be really awesome if KW could trade me for Carl Crawford, too. I would get to be on a major league team and Crawford would be on the Sox. Unfortunately, that's about as likely as the Cards *sigh* trading Pujols for Uribe and Buehrle. *shaking head*

It would also be awesome if KW called me up tomorrow and told me he wanted me to be his primary assistant. :yup: Probably the same chances though...

Rockman218
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
true

likeawarlord
10-05-2006, 07:49 PM
It's going to be a really long winter around here.

hahhaahahahahahahha

you said it best.

Jurr
10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow. Just wow.

I also heard that Lebron James was available, if the Bulls could part with Duhon, Heinrich, and Deng.

I'm now officially joining the "brace yourself for the lunatic trade threads this winter" club.

chisoxmike
10-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Wow. Just wow.

I also heard that Lebron James was available, if the Bulls could part with Duhon, Heinrich, and Deng.

I'm now officially joining the "brace yourself for the lunatic trade threads this winter" club.

But come on Jurr, the trades work in my fantasy league and on my playstation MLB game at home so why can't they work in real life? :rolleyes:

Red Barchetta
10-09-2006, 09:19 PM
I love the hot stove league as much as the next guy, however our problem in 06' was not the middle of our lineup. 2-7 did just fine IMO. They can even slack off from their 06' numbers as long as the starting pitching and bullpen improves.

I doubt Pujoils (sp?) or A-Rod will be on our roster next year. However, Juan Pierre and/or Carl Crawford might be.

kittle42
10-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I doubt Pujoils (sp?) or A-Rod will be on our roster next year. However, Juan Pierre and/or Carl Crawford might be.

A baseball fan isn't sure how to spell Pujols? For shame.