PDA

View Full Version : Sox are getting the love on Motown

Oblong
09-29-2006, 02:31 PM
I hope this is not considered spam. The site is listed under the "Fan Sites". I posted it here because it's Tiger related. I thought some of you would enjoy it.

Ok, only some of it is teal (http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42423).

If this is a no-no, I apologize.

mrfourni
09-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Ozzie Guillen Rules. Mullets rule. Go Sox!

Put that on the board, Twins.

You got to love people from the hell-hole known as Detroit making jokes about the fans of the Sox

At least I read that as directed at the fans.

Oblong
09-29-2006, 02:39 PM
You got to love people from the hell-hole known as Detroit making jokes about the fans of the Sox

At least I read that as directed at the fans.
but wasn't there a mullet night?

Mullets are making a comeback. Every reliever on the Blue Jays has one.

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes:

I feel better now.

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry, Oblong, but this is not particularly impressive. It's a pretty safe bet that ANY team playing the Twins this weekend given this situation would be getting a lot of "love" over there.

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry, Oblong, but this is not particularly impressive. It's a pretty safe bet that ANY team playing the Twins this weekend given this situation would be getting a lot of "love" over there.

Exactly. We only play for ourselves. Pride is only on the line now.

:threadsucks

DumpJerry
09-29-2006, 04:10 PM
The link no longer leads to a thread over there. Darn!

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:11 PM
The link no longer leads to a thread over there. Darn!

You should be in tears.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm rooting for the Tigers all the way. Their fans have been really good over here on the whole.

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm rooting for the Tigers all the way. Their fans have been really good over here on the whole.

I'd choose the Tigers over the Twins for the division title. The Tigers were the best ALL year. Where as the Twins played the NL Central for two weeks and got on a roll and never looked back.

But I'm hoping they both fall flat on their faces in the first round.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd choose the Tigers over the Twins, but I'm hoping they both fall flat on their faces in the first round. Is there any hope for a labor strike???

Better the Tigers than the Twins. Better the Twins than any other AL team

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Better the Twins than any other AL team

Why?

Oblong
09-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Of course. But I think it's special that it's the White Sox and not some team like the Royals or Angels.

To be honest I'd be rooting for you anyway because I hate the Twins more than any other franchise in any other sport.

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
...I hate the Twins more than any other franchise in any other sport.

Well, I agree with you there!:gulp:

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Why?

I want to prove that the AL Central is the best division in baseball. I want to know that the Sox were pushed out of the playoffs in large part due to playing 38 games against a playoff team and a World Series winner

oeo
09-29-2006, 04:22 PM
I want to prove that the AL Central is the best division in baseball. I want to know that the Sox were pushed out of the playoffs in large part due to playing 38 games against a playoff team and a World Series winner

Bah...I'd rather our division rivals flop. I don't want them to win; screw the Tigers and Twins.

QCIASOXFAN
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I hope the Twins sweep us. Love:rolleyes:

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Bah...I'd rather our division rivals flop. I don't want them to win; screw the Tigers and Twins.

Finally, I think we're the only ones around here.

FielderJones
09-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Finally, I think we're the only ones around here.

I don't like any of the AL postseason teams, but I always want the AL to win the WS. So, in order of decreasing hate:

Yankees
Twins
Athletics
Tigers

it leaves Detroit as my favorite.

Oblong
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM
My boss is from Chicago and let me borrow his Sox hat. I'll be wearing it tonight to the game. Of course, half the idiots in the stands won't understand why. I wish we had a team like the Cubs in our city to draw away the riff raff and leave Comerica Park for real baseball fans.

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Here's my AL playoff team hater list..

1. Twins
2. Yankee$
3. Tigers
4. A's

Iwritecode
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Here's my AL playoff team hater list..

1. Twins
2. Yankee$
3. Tigers
4. A's

Mine looks more like this.

1. Twins/Yankees/A's/Tigers

QCIASOXFAN
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
My boss is from Chicago and let me borrow his Sox hat. I'll be wearing it tonight to the game. Of course, half the idiots in the stands won't understand why. I wish we had a team like the Cubs in our city to draw away the riff raff and leave Comerica Park for real baseball fans.
So your going to the Tigers game with a Sox hat on?:unsure: Why don't you just where your Tigers hat?:dunno:

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 04:36 PM

Just wondering, what have the crowds been like there this year? Do you think they're bandwagoneers that never heard of anything Tigers before this year? Or have people just not gave two ****s becuase they wern't worth watching, a la the 1999-2003 Bulls.

When I went there in August most people were pretty cool. Actually, I thought it was weird, I never heard "White Sox suck." I heard "Chicago sucks!" I just found that odd.

Anyway, most people I talked to generally liked to talk baseball, some where yelling "Go Twins!" at us. Which I thought was moronic.

But yeah, wonderful park, nice bars around the (limited) area. Just wondering.

oeo
09-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Mine looks more like this.

1. Twins/Yankees/A's/Tigers

Same here; that's why I'm hoping the Phillies can make it. And if they don't, I'll pick one of the Dodgers/Padres/Astros (no Cards or Mets).

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I'd kind of like to see the Astros win the whole thing, but I just can't see an NL team winning out.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
And if they don't, I'll pick one of the Dodgers/Padres/Astros (no Cards or Mets).

I can't find anything unlikable about the Padres

Iwritecode
09-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I can't find anything unlikable about the Padres

David Wells.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 05:00 PM
David Wells.

For me, that's a bonus. I get **** for it all the time over here, but he's one of my favorite players of all-time

CLR01
09-29-2006, 05:28 PM
:pee motown sports.

It's only listed due to a lack of quality boards for the Tigers. That's no surprise though, I hear that the MDOC really limits the time they allow Kitten fans to use the internet.

ajismyhero
09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey Oblong,
Do your friends at Motown know that you hang out on our board....?

I'm very bipolar about the upcoming post season, part of me wants to the AL Central dominate to make us look better in retrospect, but then part of me wants to see the Twins and Tigers fall flat on our faces so we're the only ring wearers out there......

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey Oblong,

I'm very bipolar about the upcoming post season, part of me wants to the AL Central dominate to make us look better in retrospect, but then part of me wants to see the Twins and Tigers fall flat on our faces so we're the only ring wearers out there......

I'd rather see rivals fall flat on their face.

You don't need playoff wins now to show that the AL Central dominates. Just add up all the wins in the central opposed to the other AL divisons and the Central will come out on top. It was the same case last year too.

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey Oblong,

In fairness, I was over lurking at Motown once while we were still in this, and Sox fans sites--including this one--were being discussed. A couple of posters had some rather unflattering things to say about us, but Oblong said that he was always treated pretty well here--or words to that effect.

Palehose13
09-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Of all the AL teams, I'm pulling for the Tigers. I really liked their team in '84 and have not really had a reason to dislike them. I have always liked Sparky Anderson, Alan Trammell, and Jack Morris.

I want the Twins to fall flat on their faces. I hate the Twins.

Kub_Killer_15
09-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by dt35456884
We're actually rooting for the Sox more vigorously than WSI is.

Originally Posted by FlordiaTigers
They're too busy crying.

How did he know?:whatever:

soxinem1
09-29-2006, 11:52 PM
I'd choose the Tigers over the Twins for the division title. The Tigers were the best ALL year. Where as the Twins played the NL Central for two weeks and got on a roll and never looked back.

But I'm hoping they both fall flat on their faces in the first round.

If either of them beat the Yankees that's aces with me.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-30-2006, 12:02 AM
After watching the Yankees beat the crap out of us thru the 60-70s, I never thought I'd be rooting for them, but I hope they beat the crap out of the Twinks. I can deal with the Tigers winning.

DaleJRFan
09-30-2006, 12:16 AM
ANYONE but the ****ing Twins. Sweep those bastards so the Yankees can knock them out in 3.

Oblong
09-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Yep, they know I'm here. I have the same username. I'm a moderator there.

I think I have been treated good here. You just have to know the culture and rules and can't argue everything you see that you disagree with.

I like it here because I learn a lot about a division rival. It's good to get other perspectives. Bottom line is we're all baseball fans and the team we root for is probably based on things out of our control, things like where our parents or grandparents decided to live. Like my signature quote from Pudge says, 'it's all about the game'.

Oblong
09-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Just wondering, what have the crowds been like there this year? Do you think they're bandwagoneers that never heard of anything Tigers before this year? Or have people just not gave two ****s becuase they wern't worth watching, a la the 1999-2003 Bulls.

When I went there in August most people were pretty cool. Actually, I thought it was weird, I never heard "White Sox suck." I heard "Chicago sucks!" I just found that odd.

Anyway, most people I talked to generally liked to talk baseball, some where yelling "Go Twins!" at us. Which I thought was moronic.

But yeah, wonderful park, nice bars around the (limited) area. Just wondering.

It's not been as bad as I feared. I've been a season ticket holder since the park opened and we got used to having the run of the place in a crowd of 15,000. Most of the bandwagoners I've had issues with are typically the frat guy types. Those who just turned 21 and get those foo-foo drinks and act obnoxious. The biggest difference in the big crowds this year has been the "hottie" factor.

There's a lot of real baseball fans in this area. A lot more than hockey or basketball. Football's it's own animal and not really comparable, even with our pathetic team. The problem is that the city itself is so crappy and we have no mass transportation to speak of. A lot of people live an hour or more away and aren't as likely to go to a game on a whim like they would if the team's better.

MUsoxfan
09-30-2006, 01:45 AM
The problem is that the city itself is so crappy and we have no mass transportation to speak of. A lot of people live an hour or more away and aren't as likely to go to a game on a whim like they would if the team's better.

You mean the monorail that zig-zags around downtown doesn't get people to the game? Shocking:o:

I was actually surprised at the lack of a train system in Detroit when I made my visit. I thought for sure there would be something that comes from the Auburn Hills area or under the river to Windsor.

Frankfan4life
10-01-2006, 01:30 PM

But I'm hoping they both fall flat on their faces in the first round.My feelings exactly. This is a rivalry and the Tiggers and Twinkies (include Toons here) would have (have had) the same attitude about us.