PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the NL Wild Card

gbergman
09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
The Padres if they win tonight or Phili. loses are garunteed a playoff spot.

The Dodgers have to win 2 or win one and have the phillies lose or the phillies drop two this weekend to make the playoffs.

The Phillies to make the playoffs have to sweep this weekend and have the Dodgers be swept or the phillies have to sweep this weekend and have the dodgers win only one to force a playoff.

The Phillies also can sweep this weekend have have the padres lose the final 3 of their 4 game set to force a playoff against the Padres Monday in Phili, as long as the dodgers win 2 games this weekend.

MUsoxfan
09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd love for it to be the Phillies. I'd love to see Ryan Howard hit 15 bombs in the postseason

soxfanatlanta
09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Although I'd love to see Howard hit a 500 ft home run in the playoffs, they need too much help to get in.

palehozenychicty
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Although I'd love to see Howard hit a 500 ft home run in the playoffs, they need too much help to get in.

Yep. For the second year in a row, the Phils are going to run out of time. :(:

CHISOXFAN13
09-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Yep. For the second year in a row, the Phils are going to run out of time. :(:

They had plenty of time. Blowing that game to Houston the other night when leading 4-1 and also losing to Washington is the reason they'll come up short again.

palehozenychicty
09-29-2006, 01:46 PM
They had plenty of time. Blowing that game to Houston the other night when leading 4-1 and also losing to Washington is the reason they'll come up short again.

Yes, they had those games to win and didn't. But that happens in baseball. Houston being on a tear didn't help matters at all. The Nats have played respectably the past two weeks.

BNLSox
09-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Not only did they run into Houston but the Phillies lost a tough game LATE LATE LATE last night. Now they are exhausted and demoralized. Look for them to end their own season this weekend.