PDA

View Full Version : One year ago today...

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2006, 10:57 AM
...I was there.

:(:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7065/47915872c0cf1a3d2fsl7.jpg

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 11:00 AM
:whiner: cruel world.......

I remember faking being sick to leave work at noon to rush home to watch the game. I got home around 12:30, called a friend of mine to come over and we watched the game.

I got nervious when Jenks had two runners on base, but the ****ing curve ball he threw to get the second out was the most beautiful pitch I've ever seen!!! I loved hearing the cheers after that out and every Sox fan jumping out of their seat after that. Polanco lined out and that was the game. I couldn't believe it- the SOX were heading back to the playoffs!!!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3001

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Last out of the game:

http://static.flickr.com/29/47915821_1cb08b3c77.jpg?v=0

bryPt
09-29-2006, 11:43 AM
sweet!

Myrtle72
09-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Nice seats.

itsnotrequired
09-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Nice seats.

Methinks the park wasn't very full.

Myrtle72
09-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Methinks the park wasn't very full.

Ha. Yeah, that didn't even occur to me.

itsnotrequired
09-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Ha. Yeah, that didn't even occur to me.

Only 13,494 paid attendance that day and only 44,698 for the entire series.

CaptainBallz
09-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Count me as one of those Sox fans happy we don't have to go through that crap again...

sox230
09-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Last out of the game:

I am the dude in the black sox jacket to the right with the '83 sox hat on a couple rows up. What a glorious day!!!! I also caught a foul ball from Craig Monroe hit off the upper deck facade in the eighth.

Hangar18
09-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Man. I remember telling my boss I was taking a longer lunch, and raced over to this pizza place on Rt 83 near 55 (aloha knows the name), the owner is a cub fan, but he would always tolerate me watching the SOX for afternoon games and would buy me a round so we could talk baseball. The lunch crowd all sox fans taking their "business lunch" there all erupted in cheers and people high-fiving. I got back to work and my 2 coworkers immediately said CONGRATULATIONS you must be really happy, walking over to shake my hand, as if I were the one who got the save. Pretty funny

TommyJohn
09-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Count me as one of those Sox fans happy we don't have to go through that crap again...

Hell, yeah. I'm just so relieved and content. In my mind it is 2005 forever.

chisoxmike
09-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Man. I remember telling my boss I was taking a longer lunch, and raced over to this pizza place on Rt 83 near 55 (aloha knows the name), the owner is a cub fan, but he would always tolerate me watching the SOX for afternoon games and would buy me a round so we could talk baseball. The lunch crowd all sox fans taking their "business lunch" there all erupted in cheers and people high-fiving. I got back to work and my 2 coworkers immediately said CONGRATULATIONS you must be really happy

It really was a glorious day! Who knew it was going to be the start of something VERY special...

cheeses_h_rice
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Nice seats.

There might have been 10,000 people at the park that day, so we Sox fans got the pick o' the litter. My actual seat was in this section but about 20 rows behind where I finished up the game at.

ws05champs
09-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Great stuff. Thanks for reminding me.

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
:whiner: cruel world.......

I remember faking being sick to leave work at noon to rush home to watch the game. I got home around 12:30, called a friend of mine to come over and we watched the game.

I got nervious when Jenks had two runners on base, but the ****ing curve ball he threw to get the second out was the most beautiful pitch I've ever seen!!! I loved hearing the cheers after that out and every Sox fan jumping out of their seat after that. Polanco lined out and that was the game. I couldn't believe it- the SOX were heading back to the playoffs!!!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3001

You got to write this recap AND the 10.26.05 one? Geeze Mike, life is tough! :tongue:

I was at school and finished teaching at 2p (I had the game on MLB Gameday on my computer). One of the maintenance guys here is a Sox fan, so he told me he'd have the game on in the t.v. studio and to stop by. I saw the last two outs made and immediately went to tell the other Sox fan teacher what just happened. 9.29.05 was only the beginning of the greatness!

ssirish317
09-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Man. I remember telling my boss I was taking a longer lunch, and raced over to this pizza place on Rt 83 near 55 (aloha knows the name), the owner is a cub fan, but he would always tolerate me watching the SOX for afternoon games and would buy me a round so we could talk baseball. The lunch crowd all sox fans taking their "business lunch" there all erupted in cheers and people high-fiving. I got back to work and my 2 coworkers immediately said CONGRATULATIONS you must be really happy, walking over to shake my hand, as if I were the one who got the save. Pretty funny

Falco's???

Hangar18
09-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Falco's???

Yeah thats the place! owner is a cool guy

chisoxfan83
09-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I was there too i was sitting a few rows up right by KW and reinsdorf what a feeling it was!

Cat Thief
09-29-2006, 02:23 PM
It was the best birthday present I ever received!

DoItForDanPasqua
09-29-2006, 02:53 PM
You think this is a fond memory, wait until October 26 rolls around. I think we should exchange gifts.

Meixner007
09-29-2006, 02:55 PM

Agreed :thumbsup:

spiffie
09-29-2006, 03:01 PM
You think this is a fond memory, wait until October 26 rolls around. I think we should exchange gifts.
It will be a new holiday called Soxmas. If we could somehow add an aluminum pole to the festivities all other holidays would immediately become obsolete.

whitesoxwilkes
09-29-2006, 03:02 PM
It will be a new holiday called Soxmas. If we could somehow add an aluminum pole to the festivities all other holidays would immediately become obsolete.

Paint it yellow and call it the foul pole.

DumpJerry
09-29-2006, 03:20 PM

Oh yeah, what a pain it is not knowing what days and times your team's next game it scheduled for. Really wrecks the home life.

It really was a glorious day! Who knew it was going to be the start of something VERY special...
I did. My Sig during the '05 Spring Training was "BRING IT ON!"

Actually, that was not the start of something special. The acquisition of el Duque was the start. Then we got Pods, then we got AJ, then.......:D:

TommyJohn
09-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Same here.

goon
09-29-2006, 03:47 PM

Festivus is not over until you pin me, George.

southwstchi4life
09-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Cool picks, I ditched class. Didnt even realize till the morning they were going to clich. I remember all the confusion about that. good timz

MrT27
09-29-2006, 04:11 PM
I was there, 2nd row behind the Sox on deck circle. With the seat I had I was able to go into the club level for a pregame buffet before the gates opened (had to pay for it tho). I skipped the buffet and walked around the park, the only fan inside the park (not counting the people in the buffet/bar) for about 30 minutes. I was able to soak it all in before the game (and laugh at the people outside waiting for the gates to open) :tongue:.

Great game, tons of Sox fans there, I'll never forget it.

tacosalbarojas
09-29-2006, 04:43 PM
True. It's going to be a lot of "one year ago today" thoughts going around.

credefan24
09-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh, because of the anniversary of Blummer's Home Run, right?!

tony1972
09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
You got to write this recap AND the 10.26.05 one? Geeze Mike, life is tough! :tongue:

I was at school and finished teaching at 2p (I had the game on MLB Gameday on my computer). One of the maintenance guys here is a Sox fan, so he told me he'd have the game on in the t.v. studio and to stop by. I saw the last two outs made and immediately went to tell the other Sox fan teacher what just happened. 9.29.05 was only the beginning of the greatness!

9/29/05 was the beginning of greatness and for me (1) 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night (2) lots of drinking and celebrating (3) maybe a CASE of MYLANTA
(4) and I completely lost my voice from a combination of cheering, drinking, celebrating and a cold by the end of the playoffs and it did not return for three weeks !!(believe me....that is something you take for granted when you can't talk and have to write everything down..but it was worth it....:D: :bandance:

Kub_Killer_15
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I remember being at school trying to avoid hearing about the Sox score. So when I got home I played my Tivo and went crazy. Sweet Day.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh, because of the anniversary of Blummer's Home Run, right?!

Nope. It's because it's my birthday.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Last out of the game:

I was to the right (out of the picture) near the end of the dugout. I shook Reinsdorf's hand and high fived Kenny Williams after the final out (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=250929106). They came down to watch the final inning / go onto the field to congratulate the team. Eddie Einhorn was on hand as well.

A liner to Konerko he snares it and the White Sox are AL Central Champions!!!

Brian26
09-29-2006, 09:19 PM
I was to the right (out of the picture) near the end of the dugout. I shook Reinsdorf's hand and high fived Kenny Williams after the final out (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=250929106). They came down to watch the final inning / go onto the field to congratulate the team. Eddie Einhorn was on hand as well.

A liner to Konerko he snares it and the White Sox are AL Central Champions!!!

I was just out of the photo to the left. Tigers security moved me because I was having some trouble with some drunk fans. They let me sit right behind home plate, in the 2nd row, and I was on tv for the whole game. Salty was making fun of me because I jumped out of my seat in the replay of the PK line drive catch.

ChiSoxGirl
09-29-2006, 11:10 PM
9/29/05 was the beginning of greatness and for me (1) 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night (2) lots of drinking and celebrating (3) maybe a CASE of MYLANTA
(4) and I completely lost my voice from a combination of cheering, drinking, celebrating and a cold by the end of the playoffs and it did not return for three weeks !!(believe me....that is something you take for granted when you can't talk and have to write everything down..but it was worth it....:D: :bandance:

I had a similar experience to you, which started on 9.29.05. Living in Des Plaines, I decided to enjoy almost all the playoff games at Puffer's in Bridgeport with some of the WSI contingency. I'd get home from school, grab a quick nap, and head for the highway by 5:30p, prepared for a 90 minute commute to get down there- it took longer on a couple occasions! I'd stay out 'til 12:30 or 1a (later if it was a clinching night :wink:), get home just in time to grab a few hours of sleep, get up, go to school & teach, and do it all over again. 'Til this day, I have no idea how I did it!

A month of this finally took its toll on me. I got a horrible case of strep throat the second week of November. I thought I had something worse though, because it took me so long to feel better. I missed two days of school and it took me just over a week to feel like myself again. I remember being so sick that I couldn't even get out of bed to go to the doctor, but fortunately I called her and she called in a prescription for me. After over 30 hours on the prescription, I still hadn't begun feeling better and was a night's sleep away from needing blood work to figure out what was wrong with me! I finally started to feel better about 36 hours after starting the medication.

While all this took so much out of me, I'd gladly go through it all again for another wild ride in October and a second World Series title in my lifetime! :smile:

Oldschoolsoxguy
09-29-2006, 11:51 PM
ChiSoxGirl-you should have fired that doctor right after she prescribed the medicine that you ended up taking.All you needed was to watch all the playoff game tapes that i just KNOW you have...

shoelessshaun27!
09-29-2006, 11:54 PM
In the words of the offspring:

Good times we can't repeat, memories are bitter sweet

Actually we can repeat, but next season, go sox!

ChiSoxGirl
09-30-2006, 12:23 AM
ChiSoxGirl-you should have fired that doctor right after she prescribed the medicine that you ended up taking.All you needed was to watch all the playoff game tapes that i just KNOW you have...

No tape of a 2005 playoff game or Ticker Tape parade could've helped me in my condition! :redface:

tony1972
09-30-2006, 09:53 PM
I wonder how many Sox fans really sick in November due to too much partying, drinking and lack of sleep!!

I bet there was a mini epidemic...!:D: