PDA

View Full Version : cnnsi.com accuses Sox of quitting on ozzie

caulfield12
09-28-2006, 08:31 PM
"Speaking of shutting it down, there's the White Sox. A scout said it looked like they quit on Ozzie Guillen the last couple of weeks."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/09/28/thursday.scoop/index.html

southside rocks
09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
A scout said that, huh?

Would that be the same scout who said that AJ is on the outs with Coop and Garland, or are there two scouts talking out of their behinds this week? :tongue: And how do comments like that have anything to do with the job and function of a scout, anyway? "Okay, you can pitch Konerko right down the middle this week, Mike, he's quit on his manager."

JB98
09-28-2006, 08:39 PM
"Speaking of shutting it down, there's the White Sox. A scout said it looked like they quit on Ozzie Guillen the last couple of weeks."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/09/28/thursday.scoop/index.html

The only game where I felt the players quit was the despicable loss to Seattle on 9/21. Other than that, I thought the guys just sucked down the stretch.

Mr.1Dog
09-28-2006, 08:39 PM
:rolleyes: Please.

eastchicagosoxfan
09-28-2006, 08:40 PM

I saw that too, and I figured it was scout for Tampa Bay or the Cubs. Their success on the major league level indicates that neither team has good scouts. Now, on to 2007!! Take No Prisoners!!

southside rocks
09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I saw that too, and I figured it was scout for Tampa Bay or the Cubs. Their success on the major league level indicates that neither team has good scouts. Now, on to 2007!! Take No Prisoners!!

The Cubs have scouts? Who knew!

samram
09-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, the scout said it looked like they had quit. If you hadn't seen the team a lot and known it had been bad for six weeks, you could come to that conclusion.

SluggersAway
09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Anyone who doesn't agree with that statement wasn't watching the games.

Frontman
09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
The Cubs have scouts? Who knew!

Come on, they have to! How else would they know Juan Pierre would look silly in a Cubs uniform?

:wink:

Front

southside rocks
09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Come on, they have to! How else would they know Juan Pierre would look silly in a Cubs uniform?

:wink:

Front

That's a uniform? I thought he played in his pajamas!

(Teal? Nah!)

thomas35forever
09-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Dude, What's the Score?

Madvora
09-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Speaking of shutting it down, there's the White Sox. A scout said it looked like they quit on Ozzie Guillen the last couple of weeks.

Come on... There's no point of putting this in the article and there's no point even discussing this.

Seacrest out!

caulfield12
09-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Come on... There's no point of putting this in the article and there's no point even discussing this.

Seacrest out!

the problem is, lots of people pay more attention to cnnsi, cbssportsline or espn.com than they do the OTHER websites...they're SUPPOSED to be credible, to SOME extent

Hangar18
09-29-2006, 10:13 AM

hes right you know. But then again, everyone knew it by that point

Deuce
09-29-2006, 10:21 AM
:ozzie

"My players quit on me? Pssst... please."

Nellie_Fox
09-29-2006, 11:30 AM
If they quit, they quit on themselves and each other, not just on Ozzie.

doogiec
09-29-2006, 11:39 AM
In a way, I hope they did quit the last couple of weeks.

If what we've seen in the last couple of weeks is indicative of their "best effort", they may be farther away from returning to the postseason than we would like to believe.

TomBradley72
09-29-2006, 11:41 AM
They did quit. The scores of the games...not just close losses..but complete blow outs..their overall body language...the way they shuffle out of the dugout on to the field...they either quit or completey ran out of gas.

gbergman
09-29-2006, 11:57 AM
That article says Barry Zito to the Padres? I doubt that, San Diego will never pay for a high priced player as we pride ourself down here on 30- 55 million dollar team salaries.

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 12:00 PM
"A scout said?" Wasn't it "a scout" who supposedly started the AJ/Garland/Coop feud rumor?
Maybe "a scout" is new media-speak, replacing the good ol' "reliable sources." :cool:

southside rocks
09-29-2006, 12:43 PM
I tell you what -- if any of those players did quit on Ozzie in the last weeks, those players won't be a part of the 2007 White Sox.

There's a big difference between quitting and running out of gas. I'm pretty sure Ozzie can tell the difference. :D:

oeo
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, the scout said it looked like they had quit. If you hadn't seen the team a lot and known it had been bad for six weeks, you could come to that conclusion.

Well, he's an idiot for making that assumption. That's a pretty bold statement to be making if you are not sure of it.

kevin57
10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
I tell you what -- if any of those players did quit on Ozzie in the last weeks, those players won't be a part of the 2007 White Sox.

I wish I could agree with this, but the fact is that during both the preseason and regular season Ozzie held meetings with the team complaining about a lack of fire in their play. After his first year of managing, that cost a lot of White Sox players their job; however, this year, Ozzie said he would like to have everybody back again. I hope this is not an example of, "Now that I've got the guys I want, they're untouchable."

Scottzilla
10-04-2006, 12:29 PM
maybe he was sitting in a scout seat

jenn2080
10-04-2006, 01:00 PM
That is lame. I am sure that is exactly what happened. They said **** you Ozzie I'm out.

My brother is going to school to become a sports writer. God I hope he makes it big and can write better then some of these losers other wise I may disown him.

Jerko
10-04-2006, 01:02 PM
That is lame. I am sure that is exactly what happened. They said **** you Ozzie I'm out.

My brother is going to school to become a sports writer. God I hope he makes it big and can write better then some of these losers other wise I may disown him.

He can probably write better than half of them already. :mad:

jdm2662
10-04-2006, 01:15 PM

Sadly, the only way he can become big is to be a shock jock that is just around to cause stir. Integerity doesn't exist these days.

caulfield12
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Nor integrity.

Tekijawa
10-04-2006, 02:32 PM
This is PURE BS... They Quit after the All-Star Break!