View Full Version : The best and worst baseball staduims in baseball

shoelessshaun27!
09-28-2006, 09:08 PM
The best and worst baseball staduims in baseball

wut do you guys think?

Myrtle72
09-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Best = The Cell! :D:

Worst: RFK Stadium, where the Nats play.

Edit: I have not been to all of them... so this is out of the ones that I know.

Oblong
09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I've only been to a few so I'm going by what I've read about the stadiums:

Best: Pac Bell

Worst: Metrodome... by far.

For the new ones I don't care for Houston's or Milwaukee's.

shoelessshaun27!
09-28-2006, 09:35 PM
i probably sound dumb answering my own question, but i think the Devil ray's might have the worst stadium not that i think about it

cubhater
09-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Best...PNC or Comerica

Worst....Metrodump or Tropicana

SaltyPretzel
09-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I'd have to go with Comerica with PNC a very close second as the best.

Tropicana is no doubt the worst (I haven't been to the Metrodome yet though).

mark2olson
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Best = The Cell! :D:

Worst: RFK Stadium, where the Nats play.

I agree on both counts. I'd add the Metrodome, McAfee Coliseum in Oakland, and Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg as three of the worst stadiums in baseball. If we count fields that have been leveled, I'd add Veterans' Stadium in Philadelphia, Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, Riverfront Stadium in Cincy, and the Astrodome (which does not fall in the leveled category, IIRC). I was never a big fan of the big multi-purpose stadia.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Top Three All Time: Comiskey Park, Tiger Stadium, Fenway Pawk

Current Top Three: Fenway Pawk, Yankee Stadium, PNC Park

Bottom Three All Time (Worst listed first): Metrodome, Skydome, Veterans Stadium (put in Miller Park for Veterans as far as the active list goes). I hate domes (with Le Stade Olympique the only one I could stand mainly due to the whole dual language deal, the weird food / good beer and the fact the Montreal Expos have always been one of my favorite teams).

I've been to 26 MLB stadiums total (including stadiums no longer in existence). Basically the entire East and Central divisions (except the two Florida stadiums & Houston).

RFK sucks as well. I also like Royals Stadium, PNC Park, Camden Yards and I like going to Wrigley as well (though I cheer for the White Sox / Mets or whoever else is visiting). The Joan is better than before but if the White Sox didn't play there I wouldn't go out of my way to enter vs. other average stadiums.

StillMissOzzie
09-28-2006, 10:20 PM
The best and worst baseball staduims in baseball

wut do you guys think?

I think that it's spelled "stadium", but I digress.

The worst one I've ever been to is the HHH Metrodome, but from the looks of it, the Devil Rays' home is a dump, too.

There are several of the newer stadiums I'd like to visit before I opined on "the best", including the Jake, Comerica Park, Camden Yards, PNC Park, and perhaps a few others that aren't coming to mind.

SMO
:gulp:

thomas35forever
09-28-2006, 10:41 PM
I've been to three active parks and parks that are now either extinct or no longer used for baseball. I'll rank 'em.

1) Comiskey Park (screw the corporate name)

2) Old Busch Stadium

3) Qualcomm (sp?) Stadium

4) Milwaukee County Stadium

5) Wrigley Field

6) Humpdome

0o0o0
09-28-2006, 10:42 PM
That I've been to:

Best: Camden Yards
Worst: Rogers Centre

That I haven't been to, but from what I've seen or heard:

Best: Kauffman Stadium, PNC, AT&T (Giants)
Worst: RFK, Tropicana

cbotnyse
09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
I have never been but I heard the Metrodome is just awful. I also wasn't impressed with Yankee Stadium.

I liked the Diamondbacks stadium in AZ. I saw game 6 and 7 of the WS there in 01......amazing atmosphere....and they have a pool in center field, now thats a great way to enjoy a game!

thomas35forever
09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I liked the Diamondbacks stadium in AZ. I saw game 6 and 7 of the WS there in 01......amazing atmosphere....and they have a pool in center field, now thats a great way to enjoy a game!
Is the pool still there? Was anyone in it during the WS?

23Ventura
09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
From what I've heard the Metrodome and Tropicana Field are terrible. I've only been to three parks: Besides Comiskey and Wrigley, I've also been to the Ballpark at Arlington, or whatever they call it now. I thought it was a great ballpark.

Myrtle72
09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Best: Camden Yards

I liked Camden a lot too when I went to it. And the one thing I like about it more than the Cell is that it's meant to be a "city" ballpark. The Cell is definately meant to be out in the suburbs and I wish they would have constructed it so that it would be easy to biuld up the city around it.

mwc44
09-28-2006, 11:37 PM
BEST STADIUMS:
Turner Field in Atlanta is not only an incredible ball park, it offers everyone (from hard core fans to kids) a total entertainment experience. Probably the best I've been to in a long time. Wide concourses, mucho concessions, large and plentiful restrooms, and a plaza behind center field with a second JumboTron and 4 or 5 restaurants. Cutting it in half after the Olympics, and making it a baseball stadium was a great idea, not to mention that it sits at 755 Hank Aaron Drive... named after the TRUE MLB Home Run King.

Kauffman Stadium in KC, for an older park, was a great place to watch a game.

Even with the retractable roof, Miller Park is a nice new place to watch a game.

The BOB, or, what is it now...Chase Ball Park in Phoenix, is an interesting stadium with the sliding roof, the vented walls (copied by Milwaukee), and the ability to cool off such a huge place in 120 degree Arizona summer weather.

And finally, I'll give props to USCF where I've had Row 1 seats since the day it opened...but the current revamped version, NOT the original diaster with the slanted blue roof, etc.

WORST:
The caves known as Twinkie-Dome and Tropicana Field... use them for moto-cross and WrestleMania events... that's about all they're good for.

TDog
09-29-2006, 04:54 AM
BEST STADIUMS:
Turner Field in Atlanta is not only an incredible ball park, it offers everyone (from hard core fans to kids) a total entertainment experience. Probably the best I've been to in a long time. Wide concourses, mucho concessions, large and plentiful restrooms, and a plaza behind center field with a second JumboTron and 4 or 5 restaurants. Cutting it in half after the Olympics, and making it a baseball stadium was a great idea, not to mention that it sits at 755 Hank Aaron Drive... named after the TRUE MLB Home Run King.

Kauffman Stadium in KC, for an older park, was a great place to watch a game.

Even with the retractable roof, Miller Park is a nice new place to watch a game.

The BOB, or, what is it now...Chase Ball Park in Phoenix, is an interesting stadium with the sliding roof, the vented walls (copied by Milwaukee), and the ability to cool off such a huge place in 120 degree Arizona summer weather.

And finally, I'll give props to USCF where I've had Row 1 seats since the day it opened...but the current revamped version, NOT the original diaster with the slanted blue roof, etc.

WORST:
The caves known as Twinkie-Dome and Tropicana Field... use them for moto-cross and WrestleMania events... that's about all they're good for.

As a former resident of suburban Milwaukee, I wasn't that impressed with Miller Park. I preferred the Phoenix ballpark. Even if they've fixed the leaking roof in Milwaukee, the park has a lot more bad seats.

I have always liked the current Sox ballpark (I once heard someone call it "Sell Your Soul Stadium" -- it seems odd to see the initials USCF). Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it's a better place to watch a ballgame than the old park was.

soxinem1
09-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Top Three All Time: Comiskey Park, Tiger Stadium, Fenway Pawk

Current Top Three: Fenway Pawk, Yankee Stadium, PNC Park

Bottom Three All Time (Worst listed first): Metrodome, Skydome, Veterans Stadium (put in Miller Park for Veterans as far as the active list goes). I hate domes (with Le Stade Olympique the only one I could stand mainly due to the whole dual language deal, the weird food / good beer and the fact the Montreal Expos have always been one of my favorite teams).

I've been to 26 MLB stadiums total (including stadiums no longer in existence). Basically the entire East and Central divisions (except the two Florida stadiums & Houston).

RFK sucks as well. I also like Royals Stadium, PNC Park, Camden Yards and I like going to Wrigley as well (though I cheer for the White Sox / Mets or whoever else is visiting). The Joan is better than before but if the White Sox didn't play there I wouldn't go out of my way to enter vs. other average stadiums.

I see you like the cassics as I do. Nothing beats the charm of an older stadium, except Wrigley.

You are one of the first I have encountered that likes Wrigley, but roots for the opponent. :rolleyes:

Jacobs, Camden, and Coors are my top three among the newer ones, but Fenway Park , Tiger (at least for a brief time), and Yankee Stadiums are among the oldies still left that rank tops with me.

The Chumptydome, Tropicana, and RFK have to be the worst in history.

cbotnyse
09-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Is the pool still there? Was anyone in it during the WS?http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/full_bob.jpgYep, and people were def in the pool for the WS. I think pools in center field should be standard. :cool:

mwc44
09-29-2006, 08:49 AM
...(I once heard someone call it "Sell Your Soul Stadium" -- it seems odd to see the initials USCF)...

Whoever it was who called it that must have been very unhappy that "Comiskey Park" was etched out of the arch above the main entrance, covered up on the scoreboard, etc. (probably still is). I'm sure there are thousand who feel the same way, hence only the reference as "USCF," but that, my friend, is a discussion for another thread and another day.

As it stands right now (after the multiple face-lifts), "White Sox Park" is a great place to watch a game!

Mr.1Dog
09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
AT&T Park or SBC is a great place to catch a game. Great sightlines, food, things to do before or after the game. The atmosphere is great there also. People in San Francisco love the Giants and that park. I enjoyed the fact that it was similar to U.S. Cellular because you are able to walk from behind homeplate around the entire concourse in the outfield, over to the glove, and the cove. A great place to check out a game if you have the opportunity.

Hangar18
09-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Petco Park in SanDiego is the best ball park, and they havn't even started tweaking that park yet. Second place would be The Jake.
Whats important to note, is these parks shoe-horned themselves into the surrounding area WITHOUT destroying anything nearby, hence you can walk across the street to do something. Petco has a hotel built adjacent to the park ! (like Skydome)

AZChiSoxFan
09-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Is the pool still there? Was anyone in it during the WS?

I don't recall if people were in the actual pool, but the pool area has been rented out for every baseball game that has ever been played at BOB/Chase Field. Sometimes you'll see everyone out there just leaning over the outfield fence, with nobody actually in the pool. IIRC, it costs around 6-8 grand per game to rent the place out.

DSpivack
09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
BEST STADIUMS:

That's the first time I've heard anyone love Turner Field. I have nothing against it, but I can't say I love it, either. It doesn't have anything great going for it (besides the jumbotron) and doesn't really have anything going against it (besides the way-too long walk to get funnel cakes:rolleyes:). It's bland.

I've been to Comiskey, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Comerica, the Skydome, old Busch Stadium, whatever they're calling the new one in San Francisco, and Coors Field. SF is by far my favorite, though I did like the Skydome and Comerica, as well. Hard to evaluate Comiskey fairly, but I'd put it #2 behind the Giants.

gbergman
09-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Best
Angel Stadium
Petco Park (Padres)
Pac Bell or whatever it is called now (Giants)
Camden Yards (Orioles)
The Cell

Worst
Tropicana field
Metrodome
Blue Jays Stadium

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't recall if people were in the actual pool, but the pool area has been rented out for every baseball game that has ever been played at BOB/Chase Field. Sometimes you'll see everyone out there just leaning over the outfield fence, with nobody actually in the pool. IIRC, it costs around 6-8 grand per game to rent the place out.

Just did a search. The pool (there's a spa, too) rents for $5900 per game and includes 35 tickets. I also did the math, and it works out to around $170 per person. Pretty steep, but I think I'd probably consider shelling it out for, say, a Sox vs D'Backs game. :D:

Edit: whoops, forgot to mention, the deal incudes a private bar area, plasma TVs, and private patio seating, plus some free stuff such as sandals and beach towels.

TDog
09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Just did a search. The pool (there's a spa, too) rents for $5900 per game and includes 35 tickets. I also did the math, and it works out to around $170 per person. Pretty steep, but I think I'd probably consider shelling it out for, say, a Sox vs D'Backs game. :D:

Edit: whoops, forgot to mention, the deal incudes a private bar area, plasma TVs, and private patio seating, plus some free stuff such as sandals and beach towels.

The TVs ostensibly are there to watch coverage of the game from the pool in right field. I have seen fans in the pool watching football games. As I understood it the pool was rented out to businesses.

They have small television sets in the right field seats at Miller Park, behind the bullpen so that people can follow the game. Lousy seats if you want to see the game, really, but they're cheap. One night they had the sets tuned to the Bucks game, and then the Simpsons after the Bucks game.

MarySwiss
09-29-2006, 02:12 PM
The TVs ostensibly are there to watch coverage of the game from the pool in right field. I have seen fans in the pool watching football games. As I understood it the pool was rented out to businesses.

They have small television sets in the right field seats at Miller Park, behind the bullpen so that people can follow the game. Lousy seats if you want to see the game, really, but they're cheap. One night they had the sets tuned to the Bucks game, and then the Simpsons after the Bucks game.
Probably for the most part, but I believe it's available for any private party who can come up with the cash. I didn't mean to make it sound like an individual could just pony up $170 and go hang at the pool. But I wonder how hard it would be to get a group of 35 together for a pool party for a special occasion, like a Sox vs D'Backs game? (They also have various cheaper options--party suites and such.) Anyway, no sense in my speculating on such things right now, considering the two won't be playing until at least 2008.

TDog
09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Probably for the most part, but I believe it's available for any private party who can come up with the cash. I didn't mean to make it sound like an individual could just pony up $170 and go hang at the pool. But I wonder how hard it would be to get a group of 35 together for a pool party for a special occasion, like a Sox vs D'Backs game? (They also have various cheaper options--party suites and such.) Anyway, no sense in my speculating on such things right now, considering the two won't be playing until at least 2008.

I haven't been to the ballpark since 1999, and don't want to sound like I'm even pretending to know the policy for the pool, which is well beyond where I would go for a baseball experience. But I remember going to games and seeing a welcome to the Mesa Tribune or whoever else was down there.

soxfanatlanta
09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Based on my small experience:

Best: Camden
Worst: Tropicana Field - MLB's answer to the toilet bowel.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Of the parks I've attended:

Best: Fenway, Camden Yards, SBC Park

Worst: Rogers Centre, Metrodome

palehozenychicty
09-29-2006, 02:42 PM
AT&T Park or SBC is a great place to catch a game. Great sightlines, food, things to do before or after the game. The atmosphere is great there also. People in San Francisco love the Giants and that park. I enjoyed the fact that it was similar to U.S. Cellular because you are able to walk from behind homeplate around the entire concourse in the outfield, over to the glove, and the cove. A great place to check out a game if you have the opportunity.

When I visited the bay a few springs back, the Giants were on the road. I've heard their food quality is excellent.

My favorite parks of all time: Old Comiskey, Camden Yards, Yankee Stadium,

Worst I've visited: Shea, Wrigley

Twins Win
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah you don't even need to ask what the worst is ... It's by far the Metrodome.

Deebs14
09-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Based on my experience:

Favs: PNC and Miller Park
Least Favs: The Trop and Wrigley

tony1972
09-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Worst: New Comiskey pre renovations
Humphrey Dome, Old Cleveland Stadium, Shea Stadium (although great fans)...Cinergy Field

Best: The Cell after renovations..Miller Park, New Busch Stadium, PNC Park..

These are the only ones I have been to...

SouthSide_HitMen
09-29-2006, 08:59 PM
I see you like the cassics as I do. Nothing beats the charm of an older stadium, except Wrigley.

You are one of the first I have encountered that likes Wrigley, but roots for the opponent. :rolleyes:

Jacobs, Camden, and Coors are my top three among the newer ones, but Fenway Park , Tiger (at least for a brief time), and Yankee Stadiums are among the oldies still left that rank tops with me.

The Chumptydome, Tropicana, and RFK have to be the worst in history.

Who am I supposed to root for? :dunno:

I go to White Sox and Mets games there and they are my two favorite teams. I'll go with my brothers for a Budweiser outing or with my friends and usually do not cheer against the Cubs openly in respect to those who treated me to the game (though I'm not upset when they lose). The trouble is they have an excellent record in games I've attended over the years including the tie breaker game with San Francisco.

I like the older stadiums. Old Comiskey wasn't the best stadium but I liked it best based on all the good times had there and it was better than most gave it credit for. Tiger Stadium was awesome as you were close to the field no matter where you sat. I was fortunate to go to the last games in these two classics.

Fenway to me is the coolest stadium with the single level seating (though the recent of addition of seats on the roof and on the Green Monster is a bit much). I like Yankee Stadium (definitely check out Monument Park before the game but you better get in when the gates open) and Wrigley has good seating and you are close to the field. I like the atmosphere in the older parks. I like hearing the organ play as well (paging Jerry Reinsdorf) vs. corporate noise found at most parks these days.

buehrle4cy05
09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Worst:

The Metrodome. I don't care about bad sightlines at Wrigely or Mt. Davis at McAfee, the Metrodome simply is the worst place to watch a game in baseball. When my friends ask me about it, I tell them, "It's a dingy, sterile, boring stadium with a giant snow piss-yellow baggie above it."

Best:

PNC. Night games there are a treat, when they light up the Clemente bridge and you have downtown Pittsburgh in the background. If only they could get a winning team there, that would be incredible.

ondafarm
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM

I've been to several games at AT&T this year and I don't think much of it at all. I'd call the sight lines fair, the food is bloody expensive and the seats aren't very comfortable for me. Pretty expensive to attend a game at as well. Do not drive there.

1951Campbell
09-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Best:

1. Old Comiskey
2. Miller Park
3. Camden Yards

Worst:

1. The Vet
2. Shea
3. Fenway

I'm surprised at all the love for Fenway. I lived in Boston for 4 years, and after the glow of history wears off, it is truly a miserable place to watch a game. The food is terrible, the seats are designed for folks who are 5'6", there's no place to tailgate, and there are no beer vendors--and it's the most expensive place to see a game in MLB. Put it this way: if a stadium with that design was the home of the Twins or A's or somesuch since 1912, it would be the most hated stadium in baseball. But alas, they've had a great PR department over the years, what with Updike, Goodwin, ESPN and the rest of the provincials up that way.

Edward
09-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Worst = Metrodome
Best = Turner Field

I may be wrong, but I have only been to these parks:
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Metrodome
Coors Field
Turner Field
Camden
Yankee Stadium
Old Tiger Stadium
Miller Park
Old Busch
PNC
Safeco

Chips
09-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I've been to U.S. Cellular Field, Wrigley Field, Comerica Park, and PNC.

U.S. Cellular Field is excellent.

PNC is an awesome park and we had some kick ass seats, they serve a wide variety of beer, the ushers are friendly for the most part, good times before and after the game.

Comerica is a nice park as well, pretty good seats, awesome 24 oz Fosters, good food, friendly ushers here too. Some decent bars in right across from the stadium, and some total dive bars, good times before and after the game.

Wrigley was not excellent, a concourse would be nice.

Brian26
09-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Comerica is a beautiful ballpark in person.

Myrtle72
09-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Best:

PNC. Night games there are a treat, when they light up the Clemente bridge and you have downtown Pittsburgh in the background. If only they could get a winning team there, that would be incredible.

I think that's pretty cool.

I think the one thing that would make the Cell 1000 X better is if it was facing the other direction. Because then the people who are sitting in the upper deck would be able to look out on to the Chicago skyline.

How cool would that be? I bet the Cell woud become as popular (if not more) as that dump on the Northside.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I think that's pretty cool.

I think the one thing that would make the Cell 1000 X better is if it was facing the other direction. Because then the people who are sitting in the upper deck would be able to look out on to the Chicago skyline.

How cool would that be? I bet the Cell woud become as popular (if not more) as that dump on the Northside.

It's a mistake!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpC_thce08)

I've said the same thing since the time it was proposed. People love taking photos after the game with the Chicago skyline on the ramps after the game. Soldier Field is awesome for MNF (well it was in the old stadium - I don't recall if you can see much of the skyline at least in the lower bowl with the spaceship new structure). It didn't make a difference if home was at 35th and Shields or 37th and Shields IMO.

SOXSINCE'70
10-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Worst: 1.Tropicana Field.Every time the White Sox play there,
I struggle to stay awake and watch the game.It's very anisthetic.

2.The Urinal.The aisles are too damn narrow,and i'm not a fan of
looking upwards in fear of concrete falling on my head.

Best: 1.Comiskey Park- A great place to bring the family,
and baseball fans who actually pay attention to the game.
The food is the best.Kosher hot dogs,Sportschip cookies
and waffle cones for everyone!!:D: :D: :cool:

2.Oriole Park at Camden Yards- I went there in 1994 to see the White Sox play 2 games,but the strike cancelled them out.My family got a personal
tour of the park anyway.:cool:

StepsInSC
10-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Best (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=257411923&size=l)

Worst (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=241968191&context=set-72157594291723380&size=l)

slobes
10-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Of the ones I've been to, I'd say that Camden Yards was the best one, with Comerica in second. Busch Stadium just had a really cool atmosphere--everyone there is crazy about baseball. I've never been to Pac Bell, but I'm really looking to go there.

As for the worst, I'd say the Metrodome. Baseball was not meant to be played inside, let alone inside a giant marshmallow.

Sox Fan 35
10-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Miller Park is the best I have been to. Camden Yards also looks pretty nice. For the worst I have to go with RFK and the dump on the northside.

BiggestFan14
10-01-2006, 07:47 PM
I have only been to three so this will be easy.

Best: US Cellullar Field

Middle: Wrigley Field

Worst: RFK Stadium

jfinsocal
10-01-2006, 07:52 PM
KC is at or near the top of my list. They did this right when they built the twin stadiums. Most others stadiums of this era are gone or obsolete.

Parrothead
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Of active stadiums...

Worst = Dodgers
Best = Kauffman

New Comiskey
Comerica
Jacobs
Kauffman

Camden
Skydome
Fenway
Anahiem
Oakland

Wrigley
Miller Park
Great American

Dodger Stadium
Petco
Pac Bell

Turner Field

old stadiums....

County Stadium
Riverfront (by far the worst)
Old Busch
Old Cleveland Stadium (forget what it was called)
Old Tiger Stadium
Astrodome
Old Comiskey

nasox
10-02-2006, 02:27 AM
I have been to:

Comiskey II
Wrigley
Great American Ballpark
Miller
Metrodome

Been by/toured but have not seen a game at:
SBC Park
Fenway
Jacobs
Comerica
Coors
Arlington

Of the ones I have been to a game at, Wrigley is the greatest (not the atmosphere, but the actual stadium is beautiful-so the fans suck, the stadium is gorgeous). Then Comiskey, then GAB, Miller and in last the Metrodome.

As far as all around, PNC is the best. Some other top parks are Petco, SBC, Comerica, Safeco, Camden, Fenway (place is a dump, but is steeped in history), and Coors.

AZChiSoxFan
10-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Of active stadiums...

Worst = Dodgers
Best = Kauffman

New Comiskey
Comerica
Jacobs
Kauffman

Camden
Skydome
Fenway
Anahiem
Oakland

Wrigley
Miller Park
Great American

Dodger Stadium
Petco
Pac Bell

Turner Field

old stadiums....

County Stadium
Riverfront (by far the worst)
Old Busch
Old Cleveland Stadium (forget what it was called)
Old Tiger Stadium
Astrodome
Old Comiskey

Your list surprises me. Just curious, why do you rate Dodger stadium worse than Skydome and Oakland?

AZChiSoxFan
10-04-2006, 10:53 AM
To anyone who has been to both, which is worse: the Metrodome or Tropicana Field?

Thome25
10-04-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm not just saying this because the White Sox play there, but The Cell has to be my favorite ballpark.

I didn't like Camden yards at all when I went there. It has to be the most overrated ballpark in the majors:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76398

I'd have to agree with most of the posters on here though. Oakland, TB, Minnesota, and Washington have the worst ballparks in baseball.

Houston is pretty bad too. Milwaukee and Houston are more like fieldhouses than ballparks.

PaulDrake
10-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Best (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=257411923&size=l)

Worst (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=241968191&context=set-72157594291723380&size=l) You've got my vote.

Fenway
10-05-2006, 10:37 AM
RFK has all the charm of a jail

The worst park I was ever in was the old Cleveland Stadium

and as bad as it was I miss
http://unclebobsballparks17.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/olympicstadium004.jpg.w560h392.jpg

rocky biddle
10-05-2006, 11:06 AM

In 2003 my sister-in-law rented out the pool for a Saturday night game against the Sox. I think about 30 or so of us flew out there. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but the whole weekend (airfare, hotel, pool party) set us back quite a bit. It was a good time though. Definitely worth doing once.

mrfourni
10-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't think it's fair to rip RFK. The expos/nats were in a bad situation to begin with and RFK was/is just a temporary solution. As for Tampa however...