PDA

View Full Version : Who am I? (Lip will know first)

caulfield12
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I am the current favorite subject of a certain poster here who is on a quest to trade for me.

Here are my lifetime stats against your rivals in the AL Central.

Sabathia...15/35
Cliff Lee...9/25
Johan Santana...10/26
Dennys Reyes...3/7
F. Liriano...4/7
K. Rogers...12/46 (sorry, I'm not Pods)
Maroth...8/25
Robertson...7/22
Bonderman...7/18

I have a sushi dish (quite expensive) named after me at our stadium's concession stands.

Add it all up, you get 75/211 for a crisp, .355 BA.

Huisj
09-28-2006, 06:57 PM
i'm guessing ichiro

Jjav829
09-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah, he can hit anyone. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going anywhere unless he asks for a trade.

caulfield12
09-28-2006, 07:02 PM
i'm guessing ichiro

I'm also 48 for 105 lifetime (that even impresses me!) against all the pitchers currently on the KC Royals roster.

Yes folks, that's a .457 average right there.

caulfield12
09-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, he can hit anyone. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going anywhere unless he asks for a trade.

Maybe we should all ask him to come to the White Sox...lol?

A letter writing and e-mailing campaign with Tadahito's and Takatsu's blessing?

And he could even recruit the stud Japanese hurler to sign a "hometown discount" deal like Contreras and Garland, lol.

Just go to google.com, search "Suzuki, Ichiro Contact Information" and the third item down gives you plenty of opportunities to recruit this guy to the White Sox. I actually couldn't believe this document was available on-line to tell you the truth.

bnlfanmatt
09-28-2006, 07:39 PM

And he could even recruit the stud Japanese hurler to sign a "hometown discount" deal like Contreras and Garland, lol.

Just go to google.com, search "Suzuki, Ichiro Contact Information" and the third item down gives you plenty of opportunities to recruit this guy to the White Sox. I actually couldn't believe this document was available on-line to tell you the truth.

It's just a sample, with (mostly good) made up information. Ichiro's father's name is Nobuyuki, and the 1-2-3 and 1-1-1 for the address is suspicious.

Not to mention phone numbers ending with 0000.

Chips
09-28-2006, 07:41 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
09-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Jjav:

Some stories say that's exactly what's going to happen. (i.e. ask for a trade by refusing to sign a long term deal or even a short one for that matter...)

Lip

Hangar18
09-29-2006, 09:45 AM

Hey, I like this thread. I like where your going with this. Nice Job
I'll really have to step up my japanese language skills

Hangar18
09-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Ichiro to the South Side? Seems like a pipe dream to me...

Wow, can someone photoshop Ichiro in a SOX jersey (black one, with #51 on it) All I can envision, is pictures of Ichiro high-fiving Iguchi at home plate ...........

caulfield12
09-29-2006, 10:00 AM
I've actually discovered a way to ignore myself.:redneck

Ichiro to the South Side? Seems like a pipe dream to me...

The ONLY way this happens is if we take one of the pitchers (possibly two) off the books (Vazquez, Garcia, Contreras, Buehrle) and probably one of our other big salaries (Thome or Konerko).

So the odds aren't great.

I'm still in the camp that prefers to fix the bullpen first. The big, splashy signing has never been KW's modus operandi. However, the big trade has.

I just thought it was interesting that you have a player who DOMINATES our biggest foes in the AL Central and would take the place of our biggest (arguably) weakness, leadoff/LF.

However, Ichiro will be 33 when next season begins and how many times have we had conversations about "speed" players breaking down more quickly in their 30's? Maybe Ichiro will continue this level of play indefinitely...but I think he might be slowing just a little this year. Maybe he'll surprise me next season.

I also think the M's are going to be gun-shy after we raked them over the coals with the Olivo/Reed/Morse for Garcia deal and then followed it up with Thornton for Borchard.

Not to mention that Pods and Marte both were with SEA as well and came into their own with the Sox.

But we'll just have to wait and see. It would certainly equal or surpass anything the Cubs could do in the offseason...which, of course, isn't reason in and of itself to do something (unless you're the Mets fighting the Evil Empire or Moreno in So Cal).

alohafri
09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
The ONLY way this happens is if we take one of the pitchers (possibly two) off the books (Vazquez, Garcia, Contreras, Buehrle) and probably one of our other big salaries (Thome or Konerko).

To get Ichiro? Jose? Jim? It's been fun, but buh-bye.

caulfield12
09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
To get Ichiro? Jose? Jim? It's been fun, but buh-bye.

That's why it won't happen....along with the fact that the M's don't need Konerko or Crede, two of our most marketable players.

It would have to be Dye (because he's a bargain), Broadway and possibly another prospect.

Otherwise, it's going to end up being Broadway, Sweeney OR Anderson, maybe Fields, Owens, etc. We're going to gut our entire minor league system to pull this off, or trade McCarthy, and trading pitching for hitting undoubtedly is not the way to go.

roylestillman
09-29-2006, 10:15 AM
I'd pay $8 a beer to get this guy.

caulfield12
09-29-2006, 10:20 AM

If having Ichiro and Iguchi meant we could get the Japanese hurler for $10 million per season (so he could play with two fellow countrymen), then it would be well worth it.

But life is not that simple...the union always frowns on contracts like Konerko, Garland and Contreras (hopefully Buehrle, Crede and Dye in the future) signed.

If this guy comes in at $17-18 million, it elevates Zito, Mussina, etc. Just like slotting under a draft pick in the first round. OTOH, the players can cry collusion, they win either way (unless Hicks or Angelos do something stupid).

Deuce
09-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Given the rising prices of consessions, you may end up paying $8 a beer soon enough whether we get Ichiro or not...

Lip Man 1
09-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Caulfield:

Kenny has a long history of 'splashy' signings dating back to David Wells.

Lip

caulfield12
09-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Caulfield:

Kenny has a long history of 'slashy' signings dating back to David Wells.

Lip

Maybe we will trade for Kordell Stewart then...

If we knew which veteran pitcher was about to break down, it would be nice to trade them for a "modern-day" David Wells. Garcia and Buehrle would be the best candidates, but Vazquez has thrown a ton of innings as well...but seems more mechanically sound and has retained his stuff over that time, at least to a large extent.